Since AT&T is shutting off service to my Key2 this month, I swapped over to Mint Mobile. All is going well, until I realized I cannot SEND SMS. I can receive SMS just fine and everything else works. Just cannot send SMS.

Mint autochat support sends me this to chance the Access Name in the cellular data section:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=j8tK1EDS

And I've Googled to get pretty much the same thing from several other sites. But I cannot follow these instructions because every time I change the MNC from the default in the phone of 240 to what the instructions say (260), it will NOT save the new entry. I click save and it disappears.

If I follow all the entries exactly, but leave the MNC at 240, it saves fine.

If I go in and edit the now-saved Mint entry and make the single change of MNC from 240 to 260, the Mint entry then disappears.

Any ideas?
    02-14-22 10:00 PM
    02-15-22 07:39 AM
    That was a good find, thanks! Unfortunately, with the SIM card out on the Key2 I cannot get in to edit the APN settings at all via the cellular networks section. There's no way to access them via the Message app, either.
    02-15-22 08:48 AM
    That was a good find, thanks! Unfortunately, with the SIM card out on the Key2 I cannot get in to edit the APN settings at all via the cellular networks section. There's no way to access them via the Message app, either.
    Factory Reset?
    New SIM? Might try a different SIM from another MVNO...

Maybe someone else has some experience with this...

Another find.... someone wasn't able to edit their APN settings, phone was under warranty and TCL said it needed to be sent back to them. Was a hardware issue of some kind.
    02-15-22 08:54 AM
    After going around with Mint support, they have come to the conclusion my phone is partially locked because it won't allow me to change the APN from 240 to 260. I don't even remember where I bought it from, so hashing it out with them isn't going to work.

Anyone have any ideas how to unlock my partially locked phone?
    02-15-22 10:15 AM
    UPDATE: The problem started out with being unable to send, then shifted to being unable to send OR receive. This was complicated by the fact that on my main Key 2 AND a "backup" still-in-the-box Key 2, I was not allowed to change the Access Point Network (APN) "MNC" value to 260 which is what Mint requires. Anything other than a MNC = 240 would result in not being able to save a new APN entry.

After setting up the 'new' phone and having the same issue as my main Key 2, I started wondering if I had a bad SIM card. You can't change these values without a SIM card in, so it was hard for me to believe this was only a PHONE issue (especially after trying two different KEY 2s).

I went back to Mint Mobile support and the tech I got on this second try had me pull the SIM card, power the phone down, and then he flipped me to a new tower using settings from his side. This seems to have solved the problem. Yes, I am worried about flipping back to the "bad" tower.

There is a default APN that appeared when I switched over to Mint that is not documented anywhere else I've seen in terms of being related to BlackBerry Key 2 on Mint/T-Mobile. If this default APN did not automatically appear for you as a Mint (or T-Mobile) customer, and you have this 240 vs 260 issue as I did, you might try manually entering these APN values, saving them, selecting this saved APN, and restarting your phone:

Name: T-Mobile US 240
    APN: fast.t-mobile.com
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: Not set
    MMS proxy: Not set
    MMS port: Not set
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 240
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,supl
    APN Protocol: IPv6
    APN roaming protocol: IPv4
    APN enable/disable: APN enabled
    Bearer: Unspecified
    MVNO type: None
    MVNO value: Not set

Hopefully this will assist folks who are having the same problem. I'll update this with any new information once the replacement SIM card arrives.
    02-15-22 03:07 PM
    UPDATE: The problem started out with being unable to send, then shifted to being unable to send OR receive. This was complicated by the fact that on my main Key 2 AND a "backup" still-in-the-box Key 2, I was not allowed to change the Access Point Network (APN) "MNC" value to 260 which is what Mint requires. Anything other than a MNC = 240 would result in not being able to save a new APN entry.

After setting up the 'new' phone and having the same issue as my main Key 2, I started wondering if I had a bad SIM card. You can't change these values without a SIM card in, so it was hard for me to believe this was only a PHONE issue (especially after trying two different KEY 2s).

I went back to Mint Mobile support and the tech I got on this second try had me pull the SIM card, power the phone down, and then he flipped me to a new tower using settings from his side. This seems to have solved the problem. Yes, I am worried about flipping back to the "bad" tower.

There is a default APN that appeared when I switched over to Mint that is not documented anywhere else I've seen in terms of being related to BlackBerry Key 2 on Mint/T-Mobile. If this default APN did not automatically appear for you as a Mint (or T-Mobile) customer, and you have this 240 vs 260 issue as I did, you might try manually entering these APN values, saving them, selecting this saved APN, and restarting your phone:

Hopefully this will assist folks who are having the same problem. I'll update this with any new information once the replacement SIM card arrives.
    Glad they got it working for you....
    02-15-22 03:13 PM
    Thank Christ for this post! This literally saved me. I had been trying to get in touch with someone at customer service who could help me for more than 2 hours and spoke to two people but got no answers. So I started googling and tried everything that everyone else had used, still no luck. I had the same issues and it would say the mobile network state is disconnected but this solved everything, thank you! I have an LG G7 ThinQ and am changing to Mint from Verizon.

05-20-22 09:07 PM
    Thank Christ for this post! This literally saved me. I had been trying to get in touch with someone at customer service who could help me for more than 2 hours and spoke to two people but got no answers. So I started googling and tried everything that everyone else had used, still no luck. I had the same issues and it would say the mobile network state is disconnected but this solved everything, thank you! I have an LG G7 ThinQ and am changing to Mint from Verizon.
    You're very welcome!
    05-23-22 10:52 AM