Hi All,

I'm very much inclined towards Samsung Galaxy Folder 2, which was released around 3 years back but still available on eBay. I had never used a flip phone in my life and I really want to experience this. I'm really going mad for this. I learned from the reviews that we can control the phone screen through keypad in most of the occasions.

Below are key specs

1. Android 6.0
    2. Supports LTE bands
    3. Snapdragon 425 processor
    4. 8 MP front and 2 MP back camera
    5. Supports LTE bands

Please suggest if we can go for it! Also suggest if there are other andorid flip phones in the market.

(OT) Need advice - Can I buy Samsung Galaxy Folder 2 as backup-gsmarena_001.jpg
    10-14-19 08:17 AM
    Hi All,

I'm very much inclined towards Samsung Galaxy Folder 2, which was released around 3 years back but still available on eBay. I had never used a flip phone in my life and I really want to experience this. I'm really going mad for this. I learned from the reviews that we can control the phone screen through keypad in most of the occasions.

Below are key specs

1. Android 6.0
    2. Supports LTE bands
    3. Snapdragon 425 processor
    4. 8 MP front and 2 MP back camera
    5. Supports LTE bands

Please suggest if we can go for it!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsmarena_001.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	446456
    It's from July 2017 - so, 2 years old.

But are you asking if you should get one? I'm not sure how we would know better than you.
    10-14-19 08:21 AM
    It's from July 2017 - so, 2 years old.

But are you asking if you should get one? I'm not sure how we would know better than you.
    I was assuming at least a few of you would have used it before or had some info about this phone. And also wanted to know if you can suggest any other phones as backup for key 2.
    10-14-19 08:33 AM
    I was assuming at least a few of you would have used it before or had some info about this phone. And also wanted to know if you can suggest any other phones as backup for key 2.
    What do you mean by backup?
    10-14-19 08:34 AM
    What do you mean by backup?
    Backup is a secondary phone. I hope you are aware of why people will carry a secondary phone.
    10-14-19 08:37 AM
    Backup is a secondary phone. I hope you are aware of why people will carry a secondary phone.
    Pertaining to this thread, I'm interested in why YOU carry a secondary phone.
    10-14-19 08:39 AM
    I'm interested in why YOU carry a secondary phone.
    Well, frankly I just want to play and experience before android flip phones completely disappear from this world. I have two sims, one I can insert into folder 2. When I travel, I always need a backup phone so that I need not worry if the key2 battery drains off. And sometimes, I will be in a situation where I need to use the phone with a single hand. And I can also use folder 2 when key2 is completely drained or being charged.
    10-14-19 08:46 AM
    Well, frankly I just want to play and experience before android flip phones completely disappear from this world. I have two sims, one I can insert into folder 2. When I travel, I always need a backup phone so that I need not worry if the key2 battery drains off. And sometimes, I will be in a situation where I need to use the phone with a single hand. And I can also use folder 2 when key2 is completely drained or being charged.
    It sounds to me that you answered your own question then.
    10-14-19 09:03 AM
    This kind of phones are very rare in Occident, so you probably wouldn't find anybody who had use it on this forum. I, for myself, wouldn't buy it because I cannot afford to use a simple numerical keyboard anymore - I normally do everything with my smartphones, but to make and receive calls.

But, as answered above, only you can know if this gadget is a yes or a no for you.
    10-14-19 09:10 AM
    I looked at one of these and the Samsung Galaxy Gold ( W2018 ) ..just something different ..but hard to get Google Play on as they for Chinese market ...and expensive for what they offer ..
    10-14-19 03:00 PM
    It looks like a fun phone to try. If you are looking for someone with experience to comment on it, you should ask at the Android Central forums.
    10-15-19 07:49 AM
    When I travel, I always need a backup phone so that I need not worry if the key2 battery drains off… And I can also use folder 2 when key2 is completely drained or being charged.
    Why not just get an external USB battery? You'd get several full charges from that, which means even more battery life than carrying two phones.
    10-15-19 08:42 AM
    I always wanted to try the VKworld T2 Plus flip phone but it won't work with my carrier. I think the dual screen setup is pretty slick.

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/vkworld-t2-plus-2/

10-15-19 12:19 PM
    oh! if google play is not installed, can we install 3rd party apps from apk files?

I looked at one of these and the Samsung Galaxy Gold ( W2018 ) ..just something different ..but hard to get Google Play on as they for Chinese market ...and expensive for what they offer ..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-15-19 12:24 PM
    thanks for the tip. sure, will also post in androidcentral

It looks like a fun phone to try. If you are looking for someone with experience to comment on it, you should ask at the Android Central forums.

10-15-19 12:25 PM
    I always wanted to try the VKworld T2 Plus flip phone but it won't work with my carrier. I think the dual-screen setup is pretty slick.

https://www.gizmochina.com/product/vkworld-t2-plus-2/

I have also explored this phone. This has got two screens. This is really a killer phone. And, you can completely operate this through keypad without touching the screen completely.

I really wish to buy this one but unfortunately, the price is too high. You may try the unlocked phones on eBay.
    10-15-19 12:35 PM
    oh! if google play is not installed, can we install 3rd party apps from apk files?

Yes you could so APKs , or follow the YouTube instructions on how to get Google Play on a Chinese phone , it is possible ...👍
    10-15-19 01:03 PM
    Excellent
    Yes you could so APKs , or follow the YouTube instructions on how to get Google Play on a Chinese phone , it is possible ...👍

10-15-19 11:46 PM