Well I ordered my 3rd KEY2 since its launch just minutes ago. My iPhone X lasted me about a full month before I got bored of it; I'm actually quite impressed with that length of time. I almost pulled the trigger on a Note 9; however, the phone would have costed me nearly $1,500 CAD after taxes. That, along with Samsung’s UI, ultimately made me decide against it.

Couple things to note about the iPhone:

-iMessage is still lightyears ahead of anything android has to offer. This feature alone makes me return to iOS occasionally every now and then.

-Face ID is just silly. I don't know if Apple is trying to tell me that I'm ugly, but FaceID only worked 75%-80% of the time for me. TouchID was always 100%.

-The notch didn't really bother me.

-Notifications are still garbage on iOS

-Apple still has the best VKB typing experience in my opinion. I can fly on that thing; autocorrect is great on iOS.

-iOS 12 swipe gestures are great. I'm really looking forward to a buttonless KEY3 running android pie.

For the KEY2:

-I made a thread about updates to the camera not too long ago. I'm really hoping it has improved enough for me to use it as a long-term daily driver. The KEYone stayed in my pocket for the majority of 2017.

-I ordered a 200GB MicroSD card. Looking forward to having a ton of local storage again.

-Obviously looking forward to physical keys again.

-Team Silver!

Cheers.
    Last edited by nucks26; 10-09-18 at 01:34 PM.
    hamilgs, the_boon and bcbbanga4l like this.
    10-09-18 12:10 PM
    Oh ya, one more thing. I dropped my iPhone X in the toilet last night and I thought to myself, "ew, gross. Well at least it's IP67!" Well I just discovered a crackly earpiece on my last phone call! Isn't that great!
    hamilgs and S2G-Unit like this.
    10-09-18 12:13 PM
    I know the feeling. I bought KeyOne twice for the same reason and almost third time. These PKB devices have something about it.

With iPhone, I had mine sitting in the drawer for 4 months before I sold it. Nothing wrong about it, I just got bored of it.
    10-09-18 04:54 PM
    I know the feeling. I bought KeyOne twice for the same reason and almost third time. These PKB devices have something about it.

With iPhone, I had mine sitting in the drawer for 4 months before I sold it. Nothing wrong about it, I just got bored of it.
    I might just hang on to the iPhone this time around and bite the full cost bullet of the KEY2. The iPhone X was my favourite iPhone to date, except for Face ID.
    10-09-18 08:28 PM
    The only thing that makes android bareable on the KEY2 is the pkb. What can make ios boring is its reliability
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-09-18 09:34 PM
    The only thing that makes android bareable on the KEY2 is the pkb. What can make ios boring is its reliability
    What’s boring about iOS is you can only use it the way Apple wants you to. My iPhone looks the same as all of my freinds’ iPhones minus the background. Android, to me, is just as reliable these days.
    10-09-18 10:37 PM
    What’s boring about iOS is you can only use it the way Apple wants you to. My iPhone looks the same as all of my freinds’ iPhones minus the background. Android, to me, is just as reliable these days.
    Oh yeah for sure. Only downside for people is they don't know what to do with all the options. Like my wife. She has Blackberrys forever. Then she switched to the iPhone a number of years ago. She got the note 9 and after two weeks she wanted her iPhone back. Why. Because for her she isn't used to all the options after using her iPhone and being used to using the device one way.

Android isn't for everyone. But for those willing to learn it has a wealth of choice and freedom. And yes it is just as reliable at least to me as ios.
    10-10-18 12:32 AM
    Oh yeah for sure. Only downside for people is they don't know what to do with all the options. Like my wife. She has Blackberrys forever. Then she switched to the iPhone a number of years ago. She got the note 9 and after two weeks she wanted her iPhone back. Why. Because for her she isn't used to all the options after using her iPhone and being used to using the device one way.

Android isn't for everyone. But for those willing to learn it has a wealth of choice and freedom. And yes it is just as reliable at least to me as ios.
    The first impression of a Samsung device for anybody coming from an iPhone is a very cluttered, confusing, and overwhelming experience. The amount of notifications you get on a Samsung device for all the different apps and permissions can be annoying. Anyone coming from an iPhone is used to a very minimalistic experience. Since Samsung is the most common Android vendor, they can tarnish the whole image of Android to consumers that are trying it for the first time. In reality, if an iPhone user were to pickup a Pixel, they would definitely feel more at home.
    10-10-18 11:44 AM
    The first impression of a Samsung device for anybody coming from an iPhone is a very cluttered, confusing, and overwhelming experience. The amount of notifications you get on a Samsung device for all the different apps and permissions can be annoying. Anyone coming from an iPhone is used to a very minimalistic experience. Since Samsung is the most common Android vendor, they can tarnish the whole image of Android to consumers that are trying it for the first time. In reality, if an iPhone user were to pickup a Pixel, they would definitely feel more at home.
    Spot on. If the average "dumbed down" iOS user picks up a Samsung that hasn't been yet configured, it can seem very confusing with notifications all over the place and their LagWiz layer on top of Android.

Stock android/BB android is alot more straightforward.
    nucks26 likes this.
    10-10-18 04:35 PM
    Spot on. If the average "dumbed down" iOS user picks up a Samsung that hasn't been yet configured, it can seem very confusing with notifications all over the place and their LagWiz layer on top of Android.

Stock android/BB android is alot more straightforward.
    LG seems to have a fairly uncluttered UI.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-10-18 08:21 PM
    LG seems to have a fairly uncluttered UI.

Not really unless you're referring to their Android One LG G7 One. LG has a ton of stuff buried in their settings and UI. They do however, allow for most of it to be disabled and never seen again if you don't want to see it.
    10-10-18 10:55 PM
    Not really unless you're referring to their Android One LG G7 One. LG has a ton of stuff buried in their settings and UI. They do however, allow for most of it to be disabled and never seen again if you don't want to see it.
    Really? Can you be more specific? My comment was based on my wife's G3 and G4, and what I've briefly seen on Samsung Galaxies.

10-11-18 10:54 PM
    Really? Can you be more specific? My comment was based on my wife's G3 and G4, and what I've briefly seen on Samsung Galaxies.

The LG apps store for wallpapers, ringtones, themes, etc. Their built-in fitness app even though most people won't use it. Their mini screen settings which are largely useless. There's lots of service duplication as well, like Samsung, and many others so you end up with regular Android apps and then also LG's version of whatever app. ex: Messages.

They have their Smart Doctor app, which can be helpful, but also is bloaty. They have a Smart Bulletin feature which nags you, then there's the Context Awareness features which also nags you to make changes until you disable it and it is has it's own settings, they have built-in gaming options as well. The 'floating bar' which is displayed that allows you take quick screenshots, notes etc.

Oh and updates... pretty much every LG app has it's own updates and there's an LG Updates app that covers it all and ties into the LG app store instead of Google Play.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it is useful but a lot of it is just super redundant and far from clean.
    10-11-18 11:45 PM
    Did some research......and you're correct! Interesting I really never noticed it on my wife's LG's. My understanding is that most of it cannot be uninstalled, so I'll be sure to dump all that stuff in an LG Apps folder when I upgrade her to a V30.
    10-17-18 06:57 PM
    what's so special about imessage? my mother has an iphone and ive used it to send emails and messages, didn't find anything special.
    10-18-18 03:08 AM
    what's so special about imessage? my mother has an iphone and ive used it to send emails and messages, didn't find anything special.
    Because blue text bubbles > green ones ? Lol.

In all seriousness, I think it's the ability to send messages from an iPad or Mac. Other than that, I don't see what's so special either.
    10-18-18 03:22 AM
    I think the best feature is probably the ability to send long texts without them getting split up into multiples. Not sure if they come across the same way to non-imessage users though.
    10-18-18 05:57 AM
    You can send heavier content with ease. Videos often become blurry via MMS
    11-04-18 02:43 PM
    Well I ordered my 3rd KEY2 since its launch just minutes ago. My iPhone X lasted me about a full month before I got bored of it; I'm actually quite impressed with that length of time.
    You bought an iPhone X and then bought another phone after a month because you were bored? You loaded!
    11-04-18 06:39 PM
    You bought an iPhone X and then bought another phone after a month because you were bored? You loaded!
    No. There were multiple direct swaps with people via Kijiji before I landed on the iPhone X.
    11-04-18 10:49 PM