I'd pay up to 10 bucks for a launcher like that. Who else is with me?

Oh easily. If it was a solid BB10 experience with the Hub integrated into the launcher, not even a question that I would buy that. Curious to learn why the current team of devs who update the Blackberry launcher can't or won't do this.
    01-05-19 09:10 AM
    Oh easily. If it was a solid BB10 experience with the Hub integrated into the launcher, not even a question that I would buy that. Curious to learn why the current team of devs who update the Blackberry launcher can't or won't do this.
    It's not that they can't do this. They can! I think it comes down to two main things:

1. Development costs
    2. Market acceptance
    01-05-19 11:40 AM
    It's not that they can't do this. They can! I think it comes down to two main things:

1. Development costs
    2. Market acceptance
    As I pulled my Key 2 out of my pocket to read this notification, my Key 2 flew out of my hand, across the garage and the screen shattered. Maybe it's time for the LE or the iPhone X.
    01-05-19 11:46 AM
    As I pulled my Key 2 out of my pocket to read this notification, my Key 2 flew out of my hand, across the garage and the screen shattered. Maybe it's time for the LE or the iPhone X.
    Bummer! Sorry to be the cause of this distraction!
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-05-19 11:47 AM
    Include the XR in your selection.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-05-19 12:05 PM
    Include the XR in your selection.
    You dual carry a XR and a KeyOne, correct?

How do you like the XR / do you envision going solo with it?

The two nagging pains for me are the lack of WFC and water resistance on the Key series.
    01-05-19 12:08 PM
    Is your phone protected with screenguard or not?
    01-05-19 12:17 PM
    You dual carry a XR and a KeyOne, correct?

How do you like the XR / do you envision going solo with it?

The two nagging pains for me are the lack of WFC and water resistance on the Key series.
    Correct and yes for the first time in 13 years I considered single carry because the XR does support ESIM with AT&T but three different times, I’ve been discouraged by AT&T reps. Suggesting I wait for all the bugs to be hashed out, since it’s not the same implementation like dual sim. I want to experiment so, it was suggested to use yet another line.

I got the XR for the WFC and VoLTE service. Turns out the AT&T carrier locked KEYone NEVER supported WFC and VoLTE service was removed when upgraded to Oreo few months ago.

The XR is good enough for solo if ESIM from AT&T perspective ever gets fixed. AT&T is the problem for much of my issues, pretty much all of them. However, switching carriers would not fix that problem as no USA carriers fully sell and support BBMo for now. AT&T happens to be the best right now as bad as that is.
    01-05-19 12:17 PM
    Is your phone protected with screenguard or not?
    No - I’m always full naked with any Blackberry device.
    01-05-19 12:26 PM
    Bummer! Sorry to be the cause of this distraction!
    It’s what I get for bad mouthing the facial recognition loophole on the Key 2 in the other thread.
    01-05-19 12:27 PM
    No - I’m always full naked with any Blackberry device.
    Sorry to hear this. Please post picture if possible
    01-05-19 12:28 PM
    Correct and yes for the first time in 13 years I considered single carry because the XR does support ESIM with AT&T but three different times, I’ve been discouraged by AT&T reps. Suggesting I wait for all the bugs to be hashed out, since it’s not the same implementation like dual sim. I want to experiment so, it was suggested to use yet another line.

I got the XR for the WFC and VoLTE service. Turns out the AT&T carrier locked KEYone NEVER supported WFC and VoLTE service was removed when upgraded to Oreo few months ago.

The XR is good enough for solo if ESIM from AT&T perspective ever gets fixed. AT&T is the problem for much of my issues, pretty much all of them. However, switching carriers would not fix that problem as no USA carriers fully sell and support BBMo for now. AT&T happens to be the best right now as bad as that is.
    I hear ya. I’m on AT&T as well - can be frustrating with them.
    01-05-19 12:30 PM
    Didn’t you already sacrifice another device earlier with breakdown video?
    01-05-19 12:32 PM
    Didn’t you already sacrifice another device earlier with breakdown video?
    Funny you bring that up. Yes, I did the 5 part series for the Key 2 tear down. I was just about to ask everyone if they thought there would be a need for another breakdown of sorts - or if there are any ideas of how to sacrifice this device. I’m not planning on replacing the screen and it’s still usable - I’m just not going to use it. All ideas are welcomed.
    01-05-19 12:36 PM
    Nice discussion! But could you guys take it somewhere else? 'Cause this very, very offtopic...
    01-05-19 01:04 PM
    Funny you bring that up. Yes, I did the 5 part series for the Key 2 tear down. I was just about to ask everyone if they thought there would be a need for another breakdown of sorts - or if there are any ideas of how to sacrifice this device. I’m not planning on replacing the screen and it’s still usable - I’m just not going to use it. All ideas are welcomed.
    Let’s bring this back on topic...

Development costs and lack of market acceptance killed BB10 to point not many supporters left. Zinqs attempted to bring BB10 appearance to BBAndroid only to lose bunch of money from development costs and lack of market acceptance.

Sorry about that. Should put everyone back at RK_BB last quote approx..
    01-05-19 01:22 PM

Haha carriers are afraid of ESIM... the sim card is their last hold on clients and they don’t want to lose it. With ESIM, in theory, a user can just switch carrier directly on their device.

It’s funny how easy it is to do it on an iPad, but suddenly when it’s on the iPhone, all carriers are suddenly having issues.
    01-05-19 01:28 PM
    Maybe we need to find a developer that can build a launcher with integrated email & SMS. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

It can be a good start and perhaps open BlackBerry's mind to the idea...
    01-06-19 12:03 AM
    Not sure about feasibility of my idea when it comes to implementation as I don't know if those BlackBerry specific APIs are included in Android development kit.

If available, then it is wonderful opportunity to extend popular Android apps to be intact with BlackBerry Android devices.

Remember BB10 apps and how they are integrated with keyboard.

We need to develop a simple framework which will only act on top of any Android app and it must be easily plugged into any Android app.

The framework should execute below actions, applied to Twitter for just an example

1. Short cut keys -

Clicking on N should show me new tweets
    C should compose new message
    S should allow me search for trends, users and tags
    X to terminate the app and so on

2. Space bar

Clicking on space bar should scroll down page

3. Delete key should delete tweet and so on.
    Blackberry should just make BB10 open source
    01-06-19 12:06 AM
    Blackberry should just make BB10 open source
    This is likely against the stance on security...
    01-06-19 12:15 AM
    This is likely against the stance on security...
    What does it matter when it's shutdown?
    01-06-19 12:17 AM
    What does it matter when it's shutdown?
    As long as it's connected to the brand it most likely does matter.
    01-06-19 12:33 AM
    Maybe we need to find a developer that can build a launcher with integrated email & SMS. It shouldn't be that hard to do.

It can be a good start and perhaps open BlackBerry's mind to the idea...
    Now that I think about it Microsoft Launcher already has Office365 integrated!

Should be in interesting setup for people that are willing to ditch Hub.
    01-06-19 01:22 AM
    We don't need BlackBerry launcher, instead we need Hub launcher.
    01-06-19 07:18 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the practical difference between eSIM and T-mo Digits? Also, seems to me T-Mo (excepting Key2) does fully support BBMo phones. Right, they don't sell them, but we have all functions of our KeyOne and Motion. If that's what you mean by support.
    01-06-19 07:48 AM
84 1234