I have submitted a warranty claim on my Key2 phone because the space key only works intermittently, making typing incredibly frustrating. I have been presented with two options:

1) Mail in my phone, which will be wiped clean, repaired, and sent back to me.

2) Have a replacement phone sent to me (presumably refurbished), and mail my phone to Blackberry in exchange.

In either case, if Blackberry deems the repairs to be out of warranty (I don't think they are), I will be charged.

Which is the better option? My phone is about 9 months old.
    01-23-20 02:06 PM
    Option 2

Refurb since yours will essentially be refurbed anyway but you have to wait for it.
    01-23-20 02:19 PM
    I have submitted a warranty claim on my Key2 phone because the space key only works intermittently, making typing incredibly frustrating. I have been presented with two options:

1) Mail in my phone, which will be wiped clean, repaired, and sent back to me.

2) Have a replacement phone sent to me (presumably refurbished), and mail my phone to Blackberry in exchange.

In either case, if Blackberry deems the repairs to be out of warranty (I don't think they are), I will be charged.

Which is the better option? My phone is about 9 months old.
    I would probably opt for a refurbished phone. That way you can transfer everything onto it more easily. I had to wait for my KEYone about a month when I sent it in for repair. It got a factory reset. However, I did have my Priv as a backup at the time.
    01-23-20 02:44 PM
    Option 2 since you'll essentially be receiving a brand new phone and a fresh or fresher start with the battery.
    01-24-20 12:29 AM