Any tips/suggestions for having a PDF or some means of a icon shortcut for our vaccine passports (proof of double vaccinations) on our key2's?

Not interested in doing battle with anti-vaxxers or Chris Sky minions etc.

Wonder if all this virus and passport talk sparks interest in the beloved BlackBerry Passport 😋....
    09-23-21 09:17 AM
    Any tips/suggestions for having a PDF or some means of a icon shortcut for our vaccine passports (proof of double vaccinations) on our key2's?

Wonder if all this virus and passport talk sparks interest in the beloved BlackBerry Passport ������....
    Scan a PDF into your phone and save it?
    09-23-21 09:19 AM
    Yeaaah but was hoping for something more fancy.

Touch the short cut once and it appears.

Unless you mean there is already a way to shortcut a PDF (I have not attempted this yet)
    09-23-21 09:23 AM

Wonder if all this virus and passport talk sparks interest in the beloved BlackBerry Passport ������....
    Proof for who?

Some agencies have very specific requirements....

If your just wanting to have it to flash to the random person that ask.... take a photo and make it your lockscreen background.
    09-23-21 09:30 AM
    Yeaaah but was hoping for something more fancy.

Touch the short cut once and it appears.

Unless you mean there is already a way to shortcut a PDF (I have not attempted this yet)
    I have no idea as I'm a free citizen in Florida and can't be required by law to show it by anyone. It's kept with all my records in my gun safe in case someone from the government stops by to ask for it.

For the rest of you, I'd keep in your phone with any other important scans of personal information like a DL or SS card not too easy to get to unless you're the device owner.

My answer is truthful, sarcastic but somewhat tongue in cheek
    09-23-21 09:33 AM
    I have no idea as I'm a free citizen in Florida and can't be required by law to show it by anyone. It's kept with all my records in my gun safe in case someone from the government stops by to ask for it.

For the rest of you, I'd keep in your phone with any other important scans of personal information like a DL or SS card not too easy to get to unless you're the device owner.

My answer is truthful, sarcastic but somewhat tongue in cheek
    LMAO
    09-23-21 10:00 AM
    Well SMART Health Cards are coming.... I know Apple showcased them a little, and they will be accessible via Apple Wallet later this fall in another update of iOS 15. Android will have their own options as well. Unlike a PDF or Photo, they will be verifiable records.

Ontario- vaccine passport on KEY2/Android 8?-screenshot-2021-09-23-102520.jpg
    09-23-21 10:24 AM

Wonder if all this virus and passport talk sparks interest in the beloved BlackBerry Passport ....
    I have a PDF file on my phone, but I took a screen shot of it so I can pull it up quickly with my photo app.
    09-23-21 10:59 AM
    Ontario's official vaccine passport apps are supposed to be available 22-Oct for Android and iOS.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-23-21 11:39 AM
    I have a PDF file on my phone, but I took a screen shot of it so I can pull it up quickly with my photo app.
    Or just save the photo to your desktop.
    ....nevermind, that's what you are doing!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-21 11:44 AM
    Ontario's official vaccine passport apps are supposed to be available 22-Oct for Android and iOS.
    And that would be the way to go.... my guess is almost no one is going to accept a picture or scan of a document on your phone. And with vaccine passports being one of the biggest black-market issues right now... I suspect something is going to be needed to confirm even the paper copies.
    09-23-21 03:24 PM
    in NYC, a photo on your phone of your vaccination card is absolutely accepted for entry into restaurants, theatres, etc. Some also ask for photo I.d., but most do not.
    09-23-21 03:34 PM
    When I was in Italy March 2020 I showed the police my travel papers on my Key2 LE as a photo. They were satisfied.

They were also confused about why I was roaming around Venice as an American tourist in the middle of a pandemic. *shrug*
    09-23-21 03:42 PM
    Download KWGT and make one of the widgets launch right into the PDF/image or make the PDF/Image a widget even. For example: My current clock widget when tapped launches my calendar. There's lots of shortcut makers on Google Play that can achieve what you're looking for. You could even break it down to something like this - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...h4.photowidget
    BBuso77 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-24-21 03:14 PM
    Simple photo widget is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
    Bla1ze likes this.
    09-26-21 03:31 PM
    This is a technical discussion of how this works on certain devices. Not an opportunity to air opinions or theories on subject matter related to the pandemic or public health measures.

Multiple comments deleted. Keep it on track people. Thanks to those providing advice so far.
    Laura Knotek and BBuso77 like this.
    09-27-21 02:35 PM
    Before I downloaded the Quebec version of the app (vaxi code), I took screenshots of both vaccine proofs (QR code) and created a folder for quick access from the photos app.

I don't know Ontario's app or if it even available yet but I doubt you'll need Android 8 for it.
    09-28-21 03:06 PM
    Before I downloaded the Quebec version of the app, I took screenshots of both vaccine proofs (QR code) and created a folder for quick access from the photos app.

I don't know Ontario's app or if it even available yet but I doubt you need Android 8 for it.
    Oct 22.
    09-28-21 03:07 PM
    Oct 22.
    Good to know!
    09-28-21 03:10 PM
    there is also this: https://grassroots.vaccine-ontario.ca/

this link officially converts your Ontario vax certificate (2nd dose) into a QR code via the Ontario Ministry of Health.

Using the simple photo widget app posted by b1aze above, I have two full screen widgets, one scan-able QR code, and one of the official 2nd dose certificate.

I will have to post a question on how to do this or something similar on my old man's Q10.
    09-28-21 04:55 PM

this link officially converts your Ontario vax certificate (2nd dose) into a QR code via the Ontario Ministry of Health.

Using the simple photo widget app posted by b1aze above, I have two full screen widgets, one scan-able QR code, and one of the official 2nd dose certificate.

I will have to post a question on how to do this or something similar on my old man's Q10.
    On the Q10 you could use doo (an app available from conites' spreadsheet or BBW), with which you can create a home screen shortcut to a specific file or folder.
    09-28-21 06:02 PM
    On the Q10 you could use doo (an app available from conites' spreadsheet or BBW), with which you can create a home screen shortcut to a specific file or folder.
    Excellent! Will update the post once I get my paws on an active bb10 device.
    09-28-21 08:11 PM
    Yup - that's what I did for my Passport. Another app from BBW called Custom Shortcuts does the job also.
    09-28-21 11:22 PM

I received my Ontario QR code yesterday. I downloaded an app "Shortcut Maker" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....shortcutmaker on my Key2. Works really well.
    10-18-21 12:29 PM