07-06-18 12:19 PM
    Why are the other reviews trash? Because they have many, many valid things to comment on with this phone.

I've had only used Blackberry's for over 15 years but we all have had a lot of things to complain about. Other reviewers have given valid criticism for this phone. The easiest thing to point out is the camera. It's 2018, they gave us a dual camera setup but the pictures in low light are still poor.

The KeyOne was not a big enough upgrade over the Priv in terms of power & the specs we have with the Key2 are closer to what should have been put in the Key1. Only 3GB of ram in the first Keyone? Come on.
    07-06-18 12:28 PM
    Why are the other reviews trash? Because they have many, many valid things to comment on with this phone.

I've had only used Blackberry's for over 15 years but we all have had a lot of things to complain about. Other reviewers have given valid criticism for this phone. The easiest thing to point out is the camera. It's 2018, they gave us a dual camera setup but the pictures in low light are still poor.

The KeyOne was not a big enough upgrade over the Priv in terms of power & the specs we have with the Key2 are closer to what should have been put in the Key1. Only 3GB of ram in the first Keyone? Come on.
    The low light shots arent great, but decent. The already good daylight/well lit shots from the keyone have improved, where most people will be spending most of their time taking photos.
    My issue with most reviewers is they go in biased already or barely talking about the positives and how a regular can enjoy this phone. Either its over priced, has a bad camera or it caters to business people only.
    Qorax and nbjone like this.
    07-06-18 12:41 PM
    The low light shots arent great, but decent. The already good daylight/well lit shots from the keyone have improved, where most people will be spending most of their time taking photos.
    My issue with most reviewers is they go in biased already or barely talking about the positives and how a regular can enjoy this phone. Either its over priced, has a bad camera or it caters to business people only.
    If the phone had better and more interesting features and very importantly a good camera which clearly a lot of people care about, then people would have no reason to criticize the phone. Almost everybody cares about a good camera, people clearly care more about a great camera than a PKB, which is one reason why literally everybody left BB and never came back.

There are clearly positives to the Key2 but for people who aren't attached to a PKB , the reality is there are not enough positives.

The phone IS too expensive & the camera is too poor to compensate for hte PKB, speed Key etc. Luckily, I got one for almost nothing from my carrier with a discount.
    Qorax likes this.
    07-06-18 12:45 PM
    Why are the other reviews trash?
    Any review short of idolatry is trash, don't you know?
    07-06-18 12:46 PM
    Lol, clearly everybody here has used & still uses Blackberry's but the defense of BB's mediocre phones is a bit silly to be honest.

If the phone had an amazing low light camera that could beat a P20 pro & was priced cheaper reviewers would probably love the phone.

There is nothing that stands out on this phone to attract people back to Blackberry. The battery, speed key & PKB are great features. If TCL/BBMo put a top of the line camera that beat Pixel's & P20 Pro, this phone would be in headlines & would draw the then well earned attention.

With the phone as is?? Way too expensive, camera too poor. That's just the way people feel. Even me, who's waiting for my Key2 from Rogers/UPS today. Comments on youtube videos are generally the same. People laughing at the phone's price & poor camera. The people who laugh at the processor, maybe don't get that the processor was chosen for battery life. Unless a higher end/newer Snapdragon wouldn't make much of a difference to battery life???
    07-06-18 12:52 PM
    Keyone or key2 are nothing but keyboard. Everything else lacks compared to other flagship. So what! I need PKB!
    07-06-18 12:56 PM
    Maybe watch the video??
    nbjone likes this.
    07-06-18 01:23 PM
    If the phone had better and more interesting features and very importantly a good camera which clearly a lot of people care about, then people would have no reason to criticize the phone. Almost everybody cares about a good camera, people clearly care more about a great camera than a PKB, which is one reason why literally everybody left BB and never came back.

There are clearly positives to the Key2 but for people who aren't attached to a PKB , the reality is there are not enough positives.

The phone IS too expensive & the camera is too poor to compensate for hte PKB, speed Key etc. Luckily, I got one for almost nothing from my carrier with a discount.
    The reality is, only low light shots aren't great, and then you got alot of positives most people would appreciate if they were't still under the impression it's just a "business phone" . Everyone left cause of lack of marketing and global carrier support. Also it lacked a great app store and the screen was tiny back when the iphone came. Most people don't even know it has android let alone it still exists. And there is alot more to a "great camera" for a phone.
    07-06-18 01:26 PM
    Keyone or key2 are nothing but keyboard. Everything else lacks compared to other flagship. So what! I need PKB!
    And other flagships are missing some important thing the key2 has. To say it's only a keyboard is ridiculous.
    07-06-18 01:31 PM
    Lol, clearly everybody here has used & still uses Blackberry's but the defense of BB's mediocre phones is a bit silly to be honest.

If the phone had an amazing low light camera that could beat a P20 pro & was priced cheaper reviewers would probably love the phone.

There is nothing that stands out on this phone to attract people back to Blackberry. The battery, speed key & PKB are great features. If TCL/BBMo put a top of the line camera that beat Pixel's & P20 Pro, this phone would be in headlines & would draw the then well earned attention.

With the phone as is?? Way too expensive, camera too poor. That's just the way people feel. Even me, who's waiting for my Key2 from Rogers/UPS today. Comments on youtube videos are generally the same. People laughing at the phone's price & poor camera. The people who laugh at the processor, maybe don't get that the processor was chosen for battery life. Unless a higher end/newer Snapdragon wouldn't make much of a difference to battery life???
    I think your living in a dream world if you think the K2 had the best camera it would be in the Headlines. If BBMO put the best of the best in the phone people would be screaming at the $1,200 USD price AG. BlackBerry will never be praised by the general public - they moved on 6-8 years ago. It's a niche phone for a small niche market and it will never be everything to everyone.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-18 01:41 PM
    The Key1 and Key2 isn't made to compete with so called "flagship" phones.
    07-06-18 01:42 PM
    And other flagships are missing some important thing the key2 has. To say it's only a keyboard is ridiculous.
    Well I honestly can't think of anything that key2 is better than other flagship like Samsung S9+ except Keyboard functions. Could you elaborate?
    07-06-18 01:43 PM
    The Key1 and Key2 isn't made to compete with so called "flagship" phones.
    I agree. Key2 got no other competition!
    07-06-18 01:45 PM
    Same with me, I need a PKB so I've stuck with BB. If it werent for that, I'd have been like literally every smartphone user & got something other than a Blackberry lol.
    07-06-18 01:45 PM
    I think your living in a dream world if you think the K2 had the best camera it would be in the Headlines. If BBMO put the best of the best in the phone people would be screaming at the $1,200 USD price AG. BlackBerry will never be praised by the general public - they moved on 6-8 years ago. It's a niche phone for a small niche market and it will never be everything to everyone.
    Yes people would be talking positively about the K2 if it had an amazing camera. Just like people have always talked about Samsung's camera, the Pixel & now the P20 Pro's camera. It get positive attention. Right now there isn't a damn thing on this phone to get attention other than a PKB or maybe the speed key.

The world decided years ago a VKB is more than enough & people haven't looked back at BB.

It's simple all BB had to do was put a very high feature, high quality device with an amazing camera & other features to at least attempt to make people consider BB. The K2 at 650$USD/829$?? Ha! People will continue to buy cheaper better featured phones instead. I'd do the same if I didn't want/need a PKB.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-06-18 01:49 PM
    [QUOTE=S2G-Unit;13227725]Yes people would be talking positively about the K2 if it had an amazing camera. Just like people have always talked about Samsung's camera, the Pixel & now the P20 Pro's camera. It get positive attention. Right now there isn't a damn thing on this phone to get attention other than a PKB or maybe the speed key.

The world decided years ago a VKB is more than enough & people haven't looked back at BB.

It's simple all BB had to do was put a very high feature, high quality device with an amazing camera & other features to at least attempt to make people consider BB. The K2 at 650$USD/829$?? Ha! People will continue to buy cheaper better featured phones instead. I'd do the same if I didn't want/need a PKB.[/QUOTEthis phone needs to be advertised to all people and not just business. They should do 2 seperate campaigns for two subgroups. If i can come down from pixel 2 to a keyone, and use my phone as a media player , gaming , everything android, then i'm sure alot of people can, once they know what they're getting. And there is alot of good with the k2 that would give them a unique satisfaction. But first people need to realie that blackberry still exists, and that it runs android. They need to advertise and show how u can get the full android experience without having a 6inch screen, and and the advantages of a pkb. And since most reviewers are concerned with cameras, the only ones unfortunately who can drive the phone are the users here. Unless tcl puts some serious money into marketing, or john chen starts taking cell phones seriously, i can't see anything after a k3. Also carrier support is a major thing. I bet samsung and the likes offer incentives to them. But since the mainstream are fickle, it would be easy for blackberry to release a high end phone with a huge screen, biggest battery, newest snapdragon, dual speakers,oled screen etc, they can go that route and the internet will go crazy. Just like chinese brands popping up every year. They can try that route , but then the risk comes of alienating those who understand what it is to have an all rounder that does everything, and the feeling a phone gives when it does things right, from the quality of the keyboard and its functions, to the build quality and feel of the phone without a case, to using social media aps for longer because of the bigger battery, and for those who care about security being able to do certain tweaks and feel in control.this is the most cuztomizable android out there, and android was built with that idea behind it.
    07-06-18 08:13 PM
    I watched the video and thought he did an alright job. My main complaint is that he uses the productivity tab rather than the hub, and calls it the hub. He basically dismisses the functionality. I much prefer the actual hub over using the tab.
    07-06-18 10:08 PM
    I watched the video and thought he did an alright job. My main complaint is that he uses the productivity tab rather than the hub, and calls it the hub. He basically dismisses the functionality. I much prefer the actual hub over using the tab.
    I agree about the hub, it's one of the best things to come out on a phone. Don't know why people would just ignore it. Maybe it's something that grows over time and i got used to it with the classic. Everything else seems archaic compared to it, especially the iphone,
    Frank Costanza likes this.
    07-06-18 10:17 PM

Isn't a bit unrealistic to expect comparable image quality in low light from BBMo with their fairly limited resources, as opposed to giants like Samsung and Google who spent who knows how many millions in R&D to give users the best camera experience? Because if BBMo's KEY2 actually had almost the same all around camera performance, it would embarrassing for the big guys that the new blackberry competes in the same ballpark, while having spent not even a fraction of what they did
    07-08-18 05:10 AM
    Well I honestly can't think of anything that key2 is better than other flagship like Samsung S9+ except Keyboard functions. Could you elaborate?
    Security, durability, battery.
    07-08-18 08:29 AM
    TCL probably has a pretty strict budget on these devices. Adding a high end processor with a high end camera and a eye popping display would obviously increase their cost substantially. They've already priced the KEY2 pretty steeply, imagine what it would be if they included all of the above. Their margins probably wouldn't be worth it. I honestly believe the majority of people just think physical keys are archaic, and specs wouldn't make too much a difference on their sales figures. As much as I'd prefer to have a BlackBerry device that competes with the Pixels and and Galaxys and the iPhones of the world, the KEY2 gets the job done for me and my needs. At this point I'm thankful that BlackBerry branded devices still exist. If BlackBerry didn't find a suitable licensing partner, it would've been lights out after the PRIV.
    07-08-18 08:42 AM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ had as much as they could pack in to $549.

Some people complained that they wanted better specs.

BBMo figured they might be ok with a $649 product. So, the question was, how to best spend that extra $100.

Users filled out surveys over the course of the year. Top requested "wants" were more horsepower, and more memory - hence 660/6.

So there we are. We can't have everything.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-08-18 09:14 AM
    I have an idea: great camera. Great PKB. Great screen. 900 $.

Would it sell less?
    07-08-18 09:21 AM
    I have an idea: great camera. Great PKB. Great screen. 900 $.

Would it sell less?
    Maybe for KEY⁴
    07-08-18 09:34 AM
59 123