02-15-19 09:55 AM
167 ... 567
tools
    Ok, so should I get a KeyOne or a KeyTwo?
    Key2. Why would you think of getting the keyone?
    01-16-19 08:57 PM
    Key2. Why would you think of getting the keyone?
    The truth is, I know nothing about either one.

I'm currently using (and have loved) my Q10, but realize I have to move with the times and get a "smartphone." So, I thought I'd get some advice.
    01-16-19 09:00 PM
    The truth is, I know nothing about either one.

I'm currently using (and have loved) my Q10, but realize I have to move with the times and get a "smartphone." So, I thought I'd get some advice.
    Check out the reviews online. But I'd say a key2 because it's newer, the PKB is better/bigger, and the build quality is better IMO, more RAM, and better processor. If not the key2 I'd go with the Key2 LE. Oh and if you buy key2 I'd suggest buying used off Swappa if your in the US or Canada.
    01-16-19 09:05 PM
    Definitely K2! Much improved from K1...especially more RAM.
    01-21-19 12:27 PM
    I ordered the KEY2 today (silver edition) - Im am currently using a KEYone and have always found the keyboard felt cramped. I hope the 20% key size increase and the fact that the keys are no longer glossy will help my typing experience.

Anyone else coming from KEYone?
    Byrese likes this.
    01-27-19 08:31 AM
    Yes, K2 is a big improvement!
    Byrese likes this.
    01-27-19 08:03 PM
    Yes, K2 is a big improvement!
    Looking forward to checking it out. DHL is shipping my order as we speak 😀
    01-28-19 12:54 PM
    I am thrilled. DHL delivered today. Let's find out if it has a wobly spacebar. 🙈
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-15487834457833898791742766594858.jpg  
    Papysg28320 likes this.
    01-29-19 12:41 PM
    Thank God! No wobbly spacebar. Yes in Belgium we use azerty ☺️
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-15487839053542200240756382127319.jpg  
    Byrese likes this.
    01-29-19 12:46 PM
    Thank God! No wobbly spacebar. Yes in Belgium we use azerty
    Félicitations !
    01-30-19 04:28 AM
    I hate my Key2

I was super excited to get the Key2, I figured it would be everything the PRIV was and more. Newer processor, more memory, and everything the PRIV had. I was completely disappointed. Here are my 3 key things.

1) No auto local on case close. The PRIV case, when you closed it, locked the phone. No worry shoving it in your pocket, it was locked. I could also pull it out, quickly open and close the case to check the time, or what message types where waiting by the icons.

The Key2, when I close the case, it's still on (same with the Motion as far as I can tell), so besides the extra 3 min the screen is on, it's also completely open to being accidentally key pressed, I have so many black camera pictures, I've sent random text messages. How hard would it have been include a simple magnet sensor.

2) No OLED screen, well I could have checked, but hey, I expected it to at least be as good as the PRIV. So when it's in night mode with the time on the screen in a hotel room, there is always a faint glow, enough to keep me awake in a completely dark room.

3) Won't connect to my car's blue tooth. Just won't work. Wife's Motion works, my old PRIV works, but the new Key2 does not. Wont connect at all.

4) Notifications still suck, no more options then before (ok this one isn't a regression, but I seriously hoped it had improved)

I would have gone back to the PRIV, but I already get mocked enough for using a BB, admitting this is a terrible phone would be too much. This will likely be the last one for me.
    01-30-19 12:57 PM
    I hate my Key2

I was super excited to get the Key2, I figured it would be everything the PRIV was and more. Newer processor, more memory, and everything the PRIV had. I was completely disappointed. Here are my 3 key things.

1) No auto local on case close. The PRIV case, when you closed it, locked the phone. No worry shoving it in your pocket, it was locked. I could also pull it out, quickly open and close the case to check the time, or what message types where waiting by the icons.

The Key2, when I close the case, it's still on (same with the Motion as far as I can tell), so besides the extra 3 min the screen is on, it's also completely open to being accidentally key pressed, I have so many black camera pictures, I've sent random text messages. How hard would it have been include a simple magnet sensor.

2) No OLED screen, well I could have checked, but hey, I expected it to at least be as good as the PRIV. So when it's in night mode with the time on the screen in a hotel room, there is always a faint glow, enough to keep me awake in a completely dark room.

3) Won't connect to my car's blue tooth. Just won't work. Wife's Motion works, my old PRIV works, but the new Key2 does not. Wont connect at all.

4) Notifications still suck, no more options then before (ok this one isn't a regression, but I seriously hoped it had improved)

I would have gone back to the PRIV, but I already get mocked enough for using a BB, admitting this is a terrible phone would be too much. This will likely be the last one for me.
    For first issue, you can try gravity screen app to automatically lock your phone when you put into pocket and unlock when you take this out of pocket
    01-31-19 02:54 AM
    Just got my new Key2 this week upgrading from Key1.

Overall I'm happy with two exceptions:

1) when using the PKB the screen will sometimes go into sleep mode. anyone else experience this?

2) My Carrier "Rogers" hasn't provisioned "Wi-Fi calling" on the Key2 but, they have provisioned it on the Key1. Annoying that I've lost that functionality. Rogers has confirmed they're aware of the issue but do not have a "fix date" for it yet.
    02-02-19 11:06 AM
    Just picked up another KEY2 for a third go around. This is a January build and the spacebar is much better. I plan on taking my time with this one since I scored it for $550 . I think the capacitive touch may be also improved but I haven't been able to dig into it enough yet.

I am going full throttle on this one once I get it setup. Will be ordering the Seideo case and clip combo so I will be able to carry it like I did my beloved Passport.
    (Case and holster ordered)
    Soon as I feel confident I will post back my thoughts.
    Cheers all
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-06-19 at 01:12 AM.
    02-05-19 07:24 PM
    Just got my new Key2 this week upgrading from Key1.

Overall I'm happy with two exceptions:

1) when using the PKB the screen will sometimes go into sleep mode. anyone else experience this?

2) My Carrier "Rogers" hasn't provisioned "Wi-Fi calling" on the Key2 but, they have provisioned it on the Key1. Annoying that I've lost that functionality. Rogers has confirmed they're aware of the issue but do not have a "fix date" for it yet.
    Just got the latest OS/Firmware upgrade (ABP242) from Rogers and Wi-Fi calling is now provisioned. 👍
    02-10-19 12:14 PM
    Just got my Seidio case and holster. Now I am ready to get it setup and start rocking it everyday.
    Initially I feel the edges of the case when hitting the Q, A, Alt, P, Backspace and Enter keys but I'm sure I will adjust to the feel. Looking forward to getting used to this and sticking a Phone ring on the back if possible. I didn't realize the case was three pieces and then the holster for a total of four pieces.

Official "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005417.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005436.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005507.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005521.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005553.jpeg
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-15-19 at 01:28 AM.
    02-15-19 01:02 AM
    Just received my Key2, sold by a third party, but shipped by Amazon. Already I was weary in terms of how old their stock was. When I looked at the box my heart sank when I saw it was the June 22nd variant. Next stop, the keyboard. And...... Phew. Huge relief. Definitely clacks down the center, but during normal use/typing it really blends way better than the isolated nose flute everybody plays to demonstrate (sorry to the many with real issues). I was happy that there is no loose wobble and that I don't see either left or right side lift up when pressed at the ends. Enough about the keyboard debacle (which originally stopped me from purchasing the Key2 since it came out).

This thing... Oo lala. Big ups to all the LE folk, but this thing feels/looks so much more premium and better weighted to me. Night and day in my opinion. I'm planning on using it as the poppa home base for work and on the couch, while my baby boy Passport slings arrows in the streets. Definitely a happy customer so far. I know it's basically just a keyboard in comparison to all the mainstream flagships, but typing on this keyboard triggers synapses in my brain connecting the past, present, and future. No joke. Qwerty lovers know what I mean.

Anyway, a toast to you Crackberry cats who inspired me to finally pull the trigger. Happy Friday )

((Typed on a scumbag LG V30 with a cracked screen.))
    moosbb likes this.
    02-15-19 09:55 AM
167 ... 567