Well, reading through this thread, it looks like BBMo dropped the ball once again in terms of QC. I'll keep my K1 a while longer until they release a revision with the issues fixed. Darn shame.

To the above comment, the fact that other manufacturers have terrible quality does not excuse BBMo in the least. In fact, it just categorizes it further into the terrible build quality sector along with the many smaller chinese companies.
    Stay on the topic
    07-27-18 12:11 PM
    Stay on the topic
    It's literally on topic with the discussion and the way things are swaying. Sorry that the reality doesn't fit with your worldview, but this is the second device with serious QC issues in a row. The reality is that people should see these issues prior to purchase instead of the censorship and echochamber that is CB sponsored by BBMo. Your comment is completely useless, you haven't done anything productive, don't break your arm jerking yourself off.
    jackdaww likes this.
    07-27-18 12:15 PM
    It's literally on topic with the discussion and the way things are swaying. Sorry that the reality doesn't fit with your worldview, but this is the second device with serious QC issues in a row. The reality is that people should see these issues prior to purchase instead of the censorship and echochamber that is CB sponsored by BBMo. Your comment is completely useless, you haven't done anything productive, don't break your arm jerking yourself off.
    It is 100% off topic. "Official I got my Key 2". Did you get one? Or are you focused on driving people away? Start a new topic "QC issues"
    xtef, Erodotus and rjedge54 like this.
    07-27-18 01:15 PM
    The first price drop is a fact: Belsimpel.nl in the Netherlands has dropped the price from €649 to €638!
    07-31-18 05:01 AM
    Got my opteimus key2. That was quick. I ordered it on 31st July sharp 12 am lol. Amazon delivered it within one day.
    08-01-18 07:50 AM
    Ordered today my Black Key2 from Eurostore, 649,00 euros.
    In Italy on the public market is available only in silver, and the black is branded by Tim - Telecom Italia Mobile. Hope I'll receive ASAP!
    Last edited by Erodotus; 08-01-18 at 12:16 PM.
    08-01-18 11:58 AM
    Ordered today my Black Key2 from Eurostore, 649,00 euros.
    In Italy on the public market is available only in silver, and the black is branded by Tim - Telecom Italia Mobile. Hope I'll receive ASAP!
    I thought I would would like the black but the silver is musher nicer in person.
    08-01-18 04:51 PM
    I thought I would would like the black but the silver is musher nicer in person.
    So you got Silver? I like black but feel I would also like Silver.
    08-01-18 07:52 PM
    So you got Silver? I like black but feel I would also like Silver.
    Yes I got the silver didn't think I would like it but I am glad I did the keyboard looks better on the silver model.
    08-02-18 05:34 AM
    Got mine too!!! really happy with the keyboard. Way better than key1. Very comfortable (not as comfortable as passport"s but still). For me camera is also ok, I don't expect DSLR quality in a mobile phone. Will share pics later.
    08-03-18 06:43 AM
    Coming from a Passport SE. Typing is tough on this slim KEY2.
    08-04-18 12:24 AM
    Keeping it for now, but typing sucks until I get used to it. And the screen stutters often across a number of apps (Feedly, Chrome, Boost, et al).
    08-04-18 12:27 AM
    I’ve had my key2 for a month now. Love it. Couple things. The key board almost is too sensitive. I’m always accidentally pulling up on screen keyboard. And my opinion is the build quality is good but not as good as the tank key1.
    08-04-18 09:27 AM
    Returned new Motion for full credit from Amazon two days ago (loved it, but had group SMS and MMS issues on ATT) and bit bullet and bought silver Key2 from Best Buy this morning; keeping fingers crossed that will not have similar SMS issues. Have not set up yet, but very excited.
    Sad that Motion doesn't seem much available or supported (hope there will be a successor from TCL).
    08-04-18 10:35 AM
    Coming from a Passport SE. Typing is tough on this slim KEY2.
    You will adapt. I came from a Passport as well. I have had my Key² for 3 weeks now and have adapted quite well to this keyboard and have come to like it more than my Passport. With the extra row I am finding scrolling a little easier and rarely hit the navigation buttons when scrolling or flipping word suggestions. On my Passport I was accidentally touching on screen controls, soft keys more frequently.

I have had to adapt again as I just received a Spigen Pop ring yesterday and installed it on my soft shell case. It was a bit tricky at first when typing but now I am really getting to like it. I ordered it after seeing CBK raving about them and reading a review about smartphone case rings on Android Central.

Richard

Sent from my BlackBerry Key² (BBF100-2) | Android 8.1.0
    08-04-18 11:08 AM
    awesome device. got it for couple of weeks and then accidently dropped it in water. now the phone could work but i can see nothing. all blank. will bring it to the technical centre this weekend and probably will cost me more since it wont be covered under warranty.
    08-06-18 11:41 PM
    I got my K2 from Best Buy 4 days ago, after returning Motion (which I liked a lot) to Amazon after a few days because group SMS and MMS on ATT was either very very slow or not working at all (no issue with straight text SMS). Unfortunately, after a couple of days, I realize same issue on K2 that I can't get around so will be returning the Key2. In the meantime, went on eBay and ordered an ATT branded KeyOne and I'm hopeful that there will be no issues on the K1, I'm going on the theory that there should be no reason messaging will be an issue on an ATT branded phone on their own network.... looking forward to receiving this tomorrow. Although I realize that this is a stepdown from the K1, I'm not heavy consumer of media and it should be at least as good as the DTEK50 which I had been very happy with but suffered a broken screen on a drop last month and even after a fix has not been the same. So to make long story short, in period of weeks, going from DTEK50 to Motion to K2 to, hopefully, K1. Incidentally, Motion was never sold as ATT branded phone otherwise that would have been my top choice.
    08-07-18 10:53 AM
    I got my K2 from Best Buy 4 days ago, after returning Motion (which I liked a lot) to Amazon after a few days because group SMS and MMS on ATT was either very very slow or not working at all (no issue with straight text SMS). Unfortunately, after a couple of days, I realize same issue on K2 that I can't get around so will be returning the Key2. In the meantime, went on eBay and ordered an ATT branded KeyOne and I'm hopeful that there will be no issues on the K1, I'm going on the theory that there should be no reason messaging will be an issue on an ATT branded phone on their own network.... looking forward to receiving this tomorrow. Although I realize that this is a stepdown from the K1, I'm not heavy consumer of media and it should be at least as good as the DTEK50 which I had been very happy with but suffered a broken screen on a drop last month and even after a fix has not been the same. So to make long story short, in period of weeks, going from DTEK50 to Motion to K2 to, hopefully, K1. Incidentally, Motion was never sold as ATT branded phone otherwise that would have been my top choice.
    I have the key2 on ATT and group texts work just fine not slow at all. Did you give att the IEMI number of the Key2? I am going on three weeks and group text all day with no issues.
    08-08-18 05:01 AM
    I have the key2 on ATT and group texts work just fine not slow at all. Did you give att the IEMI number of the Key2? I am going on three weeks and group text all day with no issues.
    Agree, my group texts are more than fine on the AT&T network
    08-08-18 09:19 AM
    I have a happy resolution to the MMS issue. Thanks to the suggestion by 04liberty, I went into the local ATT office and got a new SIM chip and also made sure they have the correct IMEI number; to be honest, the customer service person at ATT was totally clueless (too young to know what a Blackberry is and insisted it must be because I'm running on data plan limits---I told him I had grandfathered unlimited data plan, which he insisted not true since he pointed to my nation wide 500 minutes family plan! --- I got another agent, who suggested the younger person schedule a phone appointment with ATT ProTech) -- in short this led to a >1 hour phone call a hour later on my landline during which the tech (I assume in India) led me patiently through all the settings in the end coming up with the the right solution which was the cellular data APN name settings; lo and behold, after those changes, everything worked. To be honest, at that point, I had pretty much given up on the idea of BB and was ready to go for perhaps a iPhone (which I really didn't want to do). The upshot is I know have a Key1 (which I got this morning and will use) and a Key2 (which I bought last week but will keep --- if it turns out that the Key is real laggy I will change to the Key 2).
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-08-18 03:14 PM
    I just got my KEY2 for a bit over 24 hours now. It's a silver BBF100-1 unit from Clove UK, built on 24/06. The phone is mostly OK but the spacebar, while not wobbly at all (even less than my K1) does lag a bit, could for sure be fixed via software update.
    08-09-18 02:30 PM
    Got my Key2 from Amazon US a few days ago - build date of 24 July. Coming from the iPhone X and I can't tell a difference between the two device's screens, photos or speed. The Key2 is much more efficient though and in my experience, much better for me. But time will tell. Also, it appears to be somewhat water resistant.....I had it wrapped in a shirt yesterday while kayaking and my dumb*** didn't realize that the compartment mostly filled with water. So it was soaked for close to an hour. I wiped it off and it has continued to work like new, zero issues. No hiccups.
    08-10-18 03:12 AM
    Got my Key2 from Amazon US a few days ago - build date of 24 July. Coming from the iPhone X and I can't tell a difference between the two device's screens, photos or speed. The Key2 is much more efficient though and in my experience, much better for me. But time will tell. Also, it appears to be somewhat water resistant.....I had it wrapped in a shirt yesterday while kayaking and my dumb*** didn't realize that the compartment mostly filled with water. So it was soaked for close to an hour. I wiped it off and it has continued to work like new, zero issues. No hiccups.
    Are you serious? (the water part)

The KEY2 was submerged in water for an hour and survived? Or just the t-shirt it was wrapped in was damp?
    08-10-18 08:14 AM
    Are you serious? (the water part)

The KEY2 was submerged in water for an hour and survived? Or just the t-shirt it was wrapped in was damp?
    Oh yea...dead serious. I couldn't believe how dumb of a move it was. Figured my silver beauty was toast for sure.

The t-shirt the phone was wrapped in was completely soaked/dripping and that water was covering the phone. It appeared to have been either in or floating in the water inside the compartment for about an hour. Hard for me to believe even seeing it in person that it survived....for now.
    08-10-18 08:19 AM
    Oh yea...dead serious. I couldn't believe how dumb of a move it was. Figured my silver beauty was toast for sure.

The t-shirt the phone was wrapped in was completely soaked/dripping and that water was covering the phone. It appeared to have been either in or floating in the water inside the compartment for about an hour. Hard for me to believe even seeing it in person that it survived....for now.
    That's incredible!
    08-10-18 09:01 AM
279 12345 ...