I upgraded from Blackberry Classic to the Key2 as well and happy with it. I have had it for a few weeks now. It is a good improvement.
    Glad to hear. What carrier are you using it on?
    stephenabm likes this.
    04-15-19 06:41 PM
    Got mine a couple weeks ago. PKB is very probably the best one yet.
    04-18-19 08:17 AM
    What color did you get?
    04-18-19 12:03 PM
    Black baby! Battery is lasting a full day on heavy use, unfortunately PRIV lasted about 2 hours in the end.
    04-18-19 12:10 PM
    I am on ATT, no issues.
    04-18-19 12:11 PM
    Why hello, y'all. I ordered my Key2 from Amazon which should be arriving some time today. As I'm still a little new to the forums, I'd love to know what would be the appropriate forum board to ask the following information:

1: Inquire as to the possibility to get special characters added to the symbol keyboard, but IDEALLY, being able to assign them to a long press. That would be marvelous.

2: Find a decent-quality sleeve which could also hold my ID (US Permanent residents are legally required to carry our green cards) and a credit card.

3: Junicode font! How do I get that bad boy?

Thanks so much for the help.

Best,

-linguist
    04-21-19 06:49 AM
    I've not received mine yet, but I've heard this from quite a few people. I personally really enjoyed the keyboard on my passport and would have had no complaint at all were it not for its lack of a forth row.
    04-21-19 07:19 AM
    The passport pkb is still the best IMHO. Some or most of us are having swipe up issues when selecting suggested word's. Sometimes this may take up to three or four swipes before the word will move up to the sentence. If you check on down the K2 forum you will come across the posts regarding this. Not trying to put you off but just making you aware of the issues. Apart from that I'm happy with the K2 and using the short cuts and speed key makes this phone a keeper for now.
    04-22-19 03:09 AM
    I am a Swiss BB Key2 User and I am exotic guy here in this country. I come from the fruit-phone and very happy to make the decission to change my device. The Key2 is a great device. Even the cam is good enough for daily use (agree, not so good as with other multiple-cam-devices). For better pics I have my Lumix LX100 in my bag. But otherwise I have nothing to say against my BB Key2. The keyboard makes it so special and writing mails or messages was never easier. Even speed is more than good. When someone is buying a Blackberry Key he has to know that it is not a Game-Photo-Machine. It is a productivity device with all necessary possibilities to make your day great! I miss nothing from my iPhone! So Blackberry, go ahead ! you will have your fans on your side! Even on the other side of the ocean
    04-25-19 10:18 PM
    Just got my Keytwo today. It feels great in the hand and typing is more comfortable than my old KeyOne. Only issue I have is with the BlackBerry transfer app. It would only transfer my last 3500 texts and not the 20k I have on my S8 Active
    04-30-19 09:02 PM
    Just got my Keytwo today. It feels great in the hand and typing is more comfortable than my old KeyOne. Only issue I have is with the BlackBerry transfer app. It would only transfer my last 3500 texts and not the 20k I have on my S8 Active
    You really need to save that many text messages?
    05-01-19 04:15 PM
    You really need to save that many text messages?

I have a lot of business contacts that text me. It helps make sure I get everything they need right the first time
    05-01-19 06:54 PM
    I have a lot of business contacts that text me. It helps make sure I get everything they need right the first time
    I can see that just sounded like too many texts to me good luck with your new phone.
    05-01-19 09:36 PM
    I just received my KEY2 today, and coming from a KEYone, I'm very impressed. I was worried that the matte keys wouldn't be as efficient as the glossy KEYone keys, but so far it's been a great transition! Everything seems snappier and the Speed Key (about which I was ambivalent) seems to be a great addition. I have only taken a few photos in good light so far, so can't comment on the camera 'issues' reported.

Edit: my device's spacebar/fingerprint reader also seems to be pretty solid, although I may have to relearn how long to keep my thumb on it to register. I think it's faster, so when I leave my thumb on it too long it vibrates a couple of times but doesn't consistently unlock. Probably user error.

It'll take a few days of usage to see about battery life/etc., but so far I'm happy that I took the plunge instead of waiting for the mythical KEY3!
    05-01-19 11:27 PM
    Unfortunately after just a month I'm having some serious slow downs on occasion. Very frustrating as I had this experience on the KeyOne last year as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-7941.jpg  
    05-02-19 03:12 PM
    Unfortunately after just a month I'm having some serious slow downs on occasion. Very frustrating as I had this experience on the KeyOne last year as well.
    That sounds strange mine never uses more than 3gb of ram normally I would look at each app you have running. Official "I got my KEY2" thread-screenshot_20190503-101836.jpeg
    05-03-19 09:19 AM
    That sounds strange mine never uses more than 3gb of ram normally I would look at each app you have running. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190503-101836.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	444189
    I get this as well a couple times. Just have to clear the apps that are open.
    Not sure why the phone doesn't manage it better by itself
    05-03-19 10:04 AM
    I get this as well a couple times. Just have to clear the apps that are open.
    Not sure why the phone doesn't manage it better by itself
    I reset my device every night which I believe help the phone function much better.
    05-03-19 10:46 AM
    That sounds strange mine never uses more than 3gb of ram normally I would look at each app you have running. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190503-101836.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	444189
    Hi, any chance you could tell how to get to the memory usage section on the keytwo as I have looked through the phone and can't find it even with my glasses 👓 on.
    05-04-19 04:01 AM
    Go to the power center app and memory usage is in there.
    05-04-19 01:00 PM
    Go to the power center app and memory usage is in there.
    05-04-19 01:01 PM
    Thanks very much
    05-04-19 02:44 PM
    Bought mine on eBay. It came a couple of weeks ago. I wish I'd scene all the threads about the annoying little things like, if you start typing a text without first tapping on the field, it won't use your custom word substitutions. I either have to tap the field first or, start with a space. Too many annoying little quirks like that. Coming from my Classic it's initially let down. Are all Androids like this? I believe I may be picking up on a pattern. AND WAY TOO MANY TYPO'S!!! I like the keyboard feel but they squeezed the control buttons and the word suggestions too close together.
    05-08-19 04:11 PM
    Bought mine on eBay. It came a couple of weeks ago. I wish I'd scene all the threads about the annoying little things like, if you start typing a text without first tapping on the field, it won't use your custom word substitutions. I either have to tap the field first or, start with a space. Too many annoying little quirks like that. Coming from my Classic it's initially let down. Are all Androids like this? I believe I may be picking up on a pattern. AND WAY TOO MANY TYPO'S!!! I like the keyboard feel but they squeezed the control buttons and the word suggestions too close together.
    How's the swiping up on the pkb for predicted word suggestions working on your K2 ? Some of us are experiencing that we need a second or sometimes a third swipe up for it to work.
    05-12-19 04:20 AM
    How's the swiping up on the pkb for predicted word suggestions working on your K2 ? Some of us are experiencing that we need a second or sometimes a third swipe up for it to work.
    I haven't really tried using the up swipe method that much. Too used to touching on the screen from my Classic. Getting frustrated by how close the navigation buttons are to the screen and the keyboard and yes, I do have to swipe more than once occasionally. I also have realized that you can't rest one thumb on the keyboard and swipe with the other. Not loving this thing and convinced that the trackpad was the thing I loved most about my Classic, not the keyboard. And having the "use this capitalization" checkbox recheck itself for my entire list of word substitutions is really pissxxg me off. I see people have been complaining about that one for a while and like the other bugs I'm reading about, not much is getting fixed. Samsung here I come?
    Last edited by Swishman; 05-12-19 at 04:02 PM.
    05-12-19 03:25 PM
279 ... 89101112