I would love to hear your findings when you receive it. I am a sceptic by nature but I hope you find resolution with the new device. I will check out your link and Thank you
    I too am skeptical but hopeful... I try to be optimistic. There are too many of us pressing BlackBerry Technical Support over this issue and we are all in over this PKB sensitivity issue.

Please check out the thread and engage. Your input would be productive along with the others that are working with BBMo. I would also encourage you to open up a case with BlackBerry Technical Support with this issue.

Bob
    02-23-19 08:24 PM
    Thanks for your reply... I didn't have the Passport but I am very familiar with it and yes, the PKB functioned flawlessly with swiping of predicted words. As did the PRIV which I used for 3 years before getting the KEY2. The difference being the Passport and PRIV were BlackBerry manufactured devices... Not BlackBerry Mobile manufactured devices.

Bob
    Even though the Passport was a Blackberry design and manufactured by, TCL should still of had access to all licencing design info and actual working models to disassemble for research and design. I can only conclude that Blackberry just simply did things better with higher quality control standards. This seem kind of half baked.
    Either given the effort put forth or limited resources for qualified engineers I suspect we are in for a long wait if we even get there with this model is my concern.

I've accepted this flaw hence why I gave in to buying it for the third and final time lol.

***Just to be on the same page I just wanted to clarify that my main gripe is the swiping up or down, sideways and double tap that does not always work the first two attempts. I don't suffer from accidental cursor activations.
    Bob80220, RK_BB and Byrese like this.
    02-24-19 07:43 AM
    I've had my Key2 for 2 weeks, and have to say I'm really disappointed in the quality of work TCL did in implementing Blackberry technology. Some observations:

(1) Blackberry and Apple phones were 100% functional out of the box. Android seems to be a bare bones platform that gives you 40% functionality, and configuration requires some good IT experience and a good know-how of all the utility applications on the Play store. No wonder Steve Ballmer said you had to be a programmer to use Android...and I have a computer engineering degree but am still shrugging. It's been about 6 hours of setup so far, and I feel like the phone is 65% the way I want it.

(2) My phone has randomly reset about 10 times so far.

(3) Compared to the tactile swipe on the Passport, the Key2 absolutely sucks. I often have to swipe two or three times for it to recognize.

(4) The Hub seems sluggish, even with the 'fast mode' (higher power) enabled.

(5) Fingerprint unlock seems very intermittent. It's working about 30% of the time, and I've washed my hands & wiped the fingerprint sensor to no avail.

(6) Does anyone know how to synchronize Outlook/Hotmail contacts and calendar? It seems that changes I make on my PC do not show up on the phone...outdated calendar invites, old telephone numbers, etc. What am I doing wrong????

(7) In digging through the online forums, I can't find the Blackberry "Tight" ringtone from the Passport -- the ding I used for incoming text messages. Anyone know where I can find this?

(8) Is there a way to configure the hub to send text messages by pressing the enter key?

(9) Is there a way to configure Notification profiles similar to BB10 (e.g. Outdoor / vibrate only / silent) without having to adjust the ringer all the way up and down? Is there also a way to create a bedside mode?

Overall, I"m giving this phone a 4 out of 10 so far, and am struggling to make a go of this. Initial impressions arethat Android is designed primarily around data harvesting first, and user experience a distant second. The Blackberry integration into Android seems more like a shoehorn than a natural part of the OS flow. TCL should have put more thought into users migrating from Blackberry 10.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-04-19 09:31 AM
    -deleted-
    Last edited by george_helgerson; 03-04-19 at 10:40 AM.
    03-04-19 10:29 AM
    (3) Compared to the tactile swipe on the Passport, the Key2 absolutely sucks. I often have to swipe two or three times for it to recognize.
    More information on that can be found here
    03-04-19 10:47 AM
    I ordered mine but have not yet received it. Am I allowed to post in the 'Got My key2" forum?
    03-04-19 01:42 PM
    I got kay2 India version BBF100-6, 64G Dual SIM. and meet some issue with it. - SMS and call log can not fully transfer from my old Classic. And some others etc. The big concern is Optiuma told me that phone is not their database due to IMEI. So I decided returned and order new Europe version.
    I try to get used android, it is, keyboard still not good as Classic or 9900. The performance is satisfied, for me. I don't use camera much and not intended compare to DSLR. So it is acceptable as well. I tired dual SIM and it's handy.
    Anyway only need time to find right app for it. So far I like it.
    03-05-19 07:40 AM
    Hello! I finally bought my Key2 silver, will be arriving on thursday I guess... can anybody tell me if I can transfer my whatsapp db from my Passport to the K2? and how to do it and where to place it!
    Thanks
    03-05-19 05:20 PM
    Hello! I finally bought my Key2 silver, will be arriving on thursday I guess... can anybody tell me if I can transfer my whatsapp db from my Passport to the K2? and how to do it and where to place it!
    Thanks
    I think only way is backup of chatting history history on passport to cloud and restore on key2.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    03-05-19 05:26 PM
    I think only way is backup of chatting history history on passport to cloud and restore on key2.
    How do I set up? I tried to do it but it says all the time "try later...." every time I choose the account or set up the account it gives error saying that can't connect with the google server
    03-06-19 04:57 PM
    I switched to Key2 BE after 3 years with the PRIV. thought I would miss the bigger screen but the Key2 felt right and the screen is comfortable to the eye. A real pleasant discovery.

I have the phone for only a day, so other than usual work emails, texting and on CB, I have no issues making the switch. There is a small issue with my number 8. The keyboard does not seem to register the press when I type quickly in succession. it could be my problem getting used to typing on this pkb
    03-11-19 08:47 AM
    Just joined the keytwo gang on Monday evening and liking it so far. only issues for me are swiping up on the pkb doesn't always work in the center. The numbers beside the ALT key are difficult for me to get used to so I bring up the numbers on screen like the passport numbers. Also noticed typing this that after a full stop the auto capitalise isn't working but I will look closely at the phone keyboards settings. For now it's a keeper 😎
    03-13-19 06:13 AM
    Ok, well let me also take the opportunity wo write a bit here - got my K2 silver edition the other day after having to wait for a year...as first it was my wife's turn to get her K1 last year.
    I didn't like its keyboard, so it was easier for me to wait .:-).

I really dig the K2, its design, with its matte keyboard. I have no issues, only a slightly loose space bar. No cursor mode randomly etc. The LE was no option for me, i love the smart keyboard, mainly swiping left for deleting.

Coming from a Classic for about 4 or 5 years, a 9720 before that, and a Bold 9000. before that...now am losing track what 8xxx model I had before that.

Am OK with the camera, I have a 5D Mark III for taking proper pics.

What am not happy with, it feels more slippery when picking it up compared to my sweeties K1.

I have no screen guard, but a pouch (Adore June) for transporting it inside the jacket.

So long...
    03-14-19 02:39 PM
    Ok, well let me also take the opportunity wo write a bit here - got my K2 silver edition the other day after having to wait for a year...as first it was my wife's turn to get her K1 last year.
    I didn't like its keyboard, so it was easier for me to wait .:-).

I really dig the K2, its design, with its matte keyboard. I have no issues, only a slightly loose space bar. No cursor mode randomly etc. The LE was no option for me, i love the smart keyboard, mainly swiping left for deleting.

Coming from a Classic for about 4 or 5 years, a 9720 before that, and a Bold 9000. before that...now am losing track what 8xxx model I had before that.

Am OK with the camera, I have a 5D Mark III for taking proper pics.

What am not happy with, it feels more slippery when picking it up compared to my sweeties K1.

I have no screen guard, but a pouch (Adore June) for transporting it inside the jacket.

So long...
    How's your swipe up with the pkb ?
    03-14-19 03:15 PM
    How's your swipe up with the pkb ?
    Uhm, am not using that feature actually. Haven't even tried and switched it off altogether.
    03-14-19 03:18 PM
    Uhm, am not using that feature actually. Haven't even tried and switched it off altogether.
    Ok thanks for your quick reply. After using the passport I like this feature but it's definitely a bit hit and miss. Typing this it's actually swiping up ok now if I really swipe up slowly
    03-14-19 03:24 PM
    Finally just ordered a Black Key2 from Amazon. $60 off today so took the plunge instead of getting the red LE. I’ll post some updates once I get it going. I’m moving from an iPhone X. I had the KeyOne last year for about two months. Loved the use but with that tiny amount of RAM it started freezing up constantly. Hoping the Key2 is much better in that regard!
    03-16-19 09:34 AM
    Ok thanks for your quick reply. After using the passport I like this feature but it's definitely a bit hit and miss. Typing this it's actually swiping up ok now if I really swipe up slowly
    Do you have a higher success rate in swiping after a reboot?
    03-17-19 02:05 AM
    No. only when I swipe up really slow!
    03-17-19 02:27 AM
    Just got my black Key2 on Friday (bought off eBay for a steal of a price!) and I'm in love.

Been using an iPhone X and Sony Xperia XZ2, and previously a KeyONE. This thing is a HUGE upgrade from the KeyONE. This thing feels sturdy like the Passport, but not as heavy.

The only 2 knocks are the common ones, camera performance and navigation buttons (back, home, and menu buttons). But otherwise couldn't be happier! Keyboard is light-years better than the KeyONE and Priv.
    03-18-19 10:25 PM
    Just got my black Key2 on Friday (bought off eBay for a steal of a price!) and I'm in love.

Been using an iPhone X and Sony Xperia XZ2, and previously a KeyONE. This thing is a HUGE upgrade from the KeyONE. This thing feels sturdy like the Passport, but not as heavy.

The only 2 knocks are the common ones, camera performance and navigation buttons (back, home, and menu buttons). But otherwise couldn't be happier! Keyboard is light-years better than the KeyONE and Priv.
    Hi congratulations on the purchase. How is the swiping up of suggested words working out for you?

Especially the middle word sometimes needs a second swipe (or third in some occasions)

How is your experience?

Thanks for your reply.
    03-19-19 02:53 PM
    Hi congratulations on the purchase. How is the swiping up of suggested words working out for you?

Especially the middle word sometimes needs a second swipe (or third in some occasions)

How is your experience?

Thanks for your reply.
    I got to try it out a bit more and like you mentioned, it’s pretty hit or miss. I feel like it’s more so that the Android software isn’t optimized because other Android phones I’ve used have had the same issue in terms of responsiveness, regardless of hardware.
    03-19-19 10:44 PM
    Hello! So today I received my BB key2 silver! The last BB I had, was the Bold 9900. After my bold I switched to IOS (iPhone) .. I have been using my iPhone X for over a year now, and I saw the key2, and wow it's a gorgeous phone! Hopefully the key2 will be as good as my old BB devices!!
    03-23-19 01:27 PM
    Hello! So today I received my BB key2 silver! The last BB I had, was the Bold 9900. After my bold I switched to IOS (iPhone) .. I have been using my iPhone X for over a year now, and I saw the key2, and wow it's a gorgeous phone! Hopefully the key2 will be as good as my old BB devices!!
    So, it's been a couple days now. Can you give some insight on how the keyboard compares to the 9900, and also how, in general, going from the larger X OLED screen to the smaller Key2 LCD screen has been for you. Thanks.
    03-26-19 09:26 AM
    Yes sure! Well, I personally think the keyboard doesn't feel that similar to the Bold 9900.. But! I really like the keyboard, it feels amazing! The screen is fine for me, of course it's smaller, but I don't use my phone to watch Netflix, YouTube, or playing games. It's not that I really 'miss' the OLED screen, only in outside daylight, the brightness is a little low. But that's not a big problem for me. So till now, I'm quite happy! It feels so nostalgic! (In a good way haha)
    03-26-19 10:47 AM
279 ... 678910 ...