Ok, so should I get a KeyOne or a KeyTwo?
    Key2. Why would you think of getting the keyone?
    stephenabm likes this.
    01-16-19 07:57 PM
    Key2. Why would you think of getting the keyone?
    The truth is, I know nothing about either one.

I'm currently using (and have loved) my Q10, but realize I have to move with the times and get a "smartphone." So, I thought I'd get some advice.
    01-16-19 08:00 PM
    The truth is, I know nothing about either one.

I'm currently using (and have loved) my Q10, but realize I have to move with the times and get a "smartphone." So, I thought I'd get some advice.
    Check out the reviews online. But I'd say a key2 because it's newer, the PKB is better/bigger, and the build quality is better IMO, more RAM, and better processor. If not the key2 I'd go with the Key2 LE. Oh and if you buy key2 I'd suggest buying used off Swappa if your in the US or Canada.
    01-16-19 08:05 PM
    Definitely K2! Much improved from K1...especially more RAM.
    stephenabm likes this.
    01-21-19 11:27 AM
    I ordered the KEY2 today (silver edition) - Im am currently using a KEYone and have always found the keyboard felt cramped. I hope the 20% key size increase and the fact that the keys are no longer glossy will help my typing experience.

Anyone else coming from KEYone?
    Byrese likes this.
    01-27-19 07:31 AM
    Yes, K2 is a big improvement!
    Byrese likes this.
    01-27-19 07:03 PM
    Yes, K2 is a big improvement!
    Looking forward to checking it out. DHL is shipping my order as we speak 😀
    01-28-19 11:54 AM
    I am thrilled. DHL delivered today. Let's find out if it has a wobly spacebar. 🙈
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-15487834457833898791742766594858.jpg  
    Papysg28320 likes this.
    01-29-19 11:41 AM
    Thank God! No wobbly spacebar. Yes in Belgium we use azerty ☺️
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-15487839053542200240756382127319.jpg  
    Byrese likes this.
    01-29-19 11:46 AM
    Thank God! No wobbly spacebar. Yes in Belgium we use azerty
    Félicitations !
    01-30-19 03:28 AM
    I hate my Key2

I was super excited to get the Key2, I figured it would be everything the PRIV was and more. Newer processor, more memory, and everything the PRIV had. I was completely disappointed. Here are my 3 key things.

1) No auto local on case close. The PRIV case, when you closed it, locked the phone. No worry shoving it in your pocket, it was locked. I could also pull it out, quickly open and close the case to check the time, or what message types where waiting by the icons.

The Key2, when I close the case, it's still on (same with the Motion as far as I can tell), so besides the extra 3 min the screen is on, it's also completely open to being accidentally key pressed, I have so many black camera pictures, I've sent random text messages. How hard would it have been include a simple magnet sensor.

2) No OLED screen, well I could have checked, but hey, I expected it to at least be as good as the PRIV. So when it's in night mode with the time on the screen in a hotel room, there is always a faint glow, enough to keep me awake in a completely dark room.

3) Won't connect to my car's blue tooth. Just won't work. Wife's Motion works, my old PRIV works, but the new Key2 does not. Wont connect at all.

4) Notifications still suck, no more options then before (ok this one isn't a regression, but I seriously hoped it had improved)

I would have gone back to the PRIV, but I already get mocked enough for using a BB, admitting this is a terrible phone would be too much. This will likely be the last one for me.
    01-30-19 11:57 AM
    I hate my Key2

I was super excited to get the Key2, I figured it would be everything the PRIV was and more. Newer processor, more memory, and everything the PRIV had. I was completely disappointed. Here are my 3 key things.

1) No auto local on case close. The PRIV case, when you closed it, locked the phone. No worry shoving it in your pocket, it was locked. I could also pull it out, quickly open and close the case to check the time, or what message types where waiting by the icons.

The Key2, when I close the case, it's still on (same with the Motion as far as I can tell), so besides the extra 3 min the screen is on, it's also completely open to being accidentally key pressed, I have so many black camera pictures, I've sent random text messages. How hard would it have been include a simple magnet sensor.

2) No OLED screen, well I could have checked, but hey, I expected it to at least be as good as the PRIV. So when it's in night mode with the time on the screen in a hotel room, there is always a faint glow, enough to keep me awake in a completely dark room.

3) Won't connect to my car's blue tooth. Just won't work. Wife's Motion works, my old PRIV works, but the new Key2 does not. Wont connect at all.

4) Notifications still suck, no more options then before (ok this one isn't a regression, but I seriously hoped it had improved)

I would have gone back to the PRIV, but I already get mocked enough for using a BB, admitting this is a terrible phone would be too much. This will likely be the last one for me.
    For first issue, you can try gravity screen app to automatically lock your phone when you put into pocket and unlock when you take this out of pocket
    01-31-19 01:54 AM
    Just got my new Key2 this week upgrading from Key1.

Overall I'm happy with two exceptions:

1) when using the PKB the screen will sometimes go into sleep mode. anyone else experience this?

2) My Carrier "Rogers" hasn't provisioned "Wi-Fi calling" on the Key2 but, they have provisioned it on the Key1. Annoying that I've lost that functionality. Rogers has confirmed they're aware of the issue but do not have a "fix date" for it yet.
    02-02-19 10:06 AM
    Just picked up another KEY2 for a third go around. This is a BBF100-2, PRD-63825-004 build and the spacebar is much better. I plan on taking my time with this one since I scored it for $550 . I think the capacitive touch may be also improved but I haven't been able to dig into it enough yet.

I am going full throttle on this one once I get it setup. Will be ordering the Seideo case and clip combo so I will be able to carry it like I did my beloved Passport.
    (Case and holster ordered)
    Soon as I feel confident I will post back my thoughts.
    Cheers all
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-19-19 at 11:12 AM.
    02-05-19 06:24 PM
    Just got my new Key2 this week upgrading from Key1.

Overall I'm happy with two exceptions:

1) when using the PKB the screen will sometimes go into sleep mode. anyone else experience this?

2) My Carrier "Rogers" hasn't provisioned "Wi-Fi calling" on the Key2 but, they have provisioned it on the Key1. Annoying that I've lost that functionality. Rogers has confirmed they're aware of the issue but do not have a "fix date" for it yet.
    Just got the latest OS/Firmware upgrade (ABP242) from Rogers and Wi-Fi calling is now provisioned. 👍
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    02-10-19 11:14 AM
    Just got my Seidio case and holster. Now I am ready to get it setup and start rocking it everyday.
    Initially I feel the edges of the case when hitting the Q, A, Alt, P, Backspace and Enter keys but I'm sure I will adjust to the feel. Looking forward to getting used to this and sticking a Phone ring on the back if possible. I didn't realize the case was three pieces and then the holster for a total of four pieces.

Official "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005417.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005436.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005507.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005521.jpegOfficial "I got my KEY2" thread-img_20190215_005553.jpeg
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-15-19 at 12:28 AM.
    stephenabm and hoytbowhunter like this.
    02-15-19 12:02 AM
    Just received my Key2, sold by a third party, but shipped by Amazon. Already I was weary in terms of how old their stock was. When I looked at the box my heart sank when I saw it was the June 22nd variant. Next stop, the keyboard. And...... Phew. Huge relief. Definitely clacks down the center, but during normal use/typing it really blends way better than the isolated nose flute everybody plays to demonstrate (sorry to the many with real issues). I was happy that there is no loose wobble and that I don't see either left or right side lift up when pressed at the ends. Enough about the keyboard debacle (which originally stopped me from purchasing the Key2 since it came out).

This thing... Oo lala. Big ups to all the LE folk, but this thing feels/looks so much more premium and better weighted to me. Night and day in my opinion. I'm planning on using it as the poppa home base for work and on the couch, while my baby boy Passport slings arrows in the streets. Definitely a happy customer so far. I know it's basically just a keyboard in comparison to all the mainstream flagships, but typing on this keyboard triggers synapses in my brain connecting the past, present, and future. No joke. Qwerty lovers know what I mean.

Anyway, a toast to you Crackberry cats who inspired me to finally pull the trigger. Happy Friday )

((Typed on a scumbag LG V30 with a cracked screen.))
    02-15-19 08:55 AM
    (1/2) Well, everyone, I finally put my beloved Passport SE in a drawer. I wasn't going to post here yet as I wasn't sure if I would keep the K2. Honestly, I was going to wait until 2020 to get this phone because I wanted to use my PP as much as I possibly could. But I switched jobs and had to give my work iPhone back which meant no more apps for me. I didn't mind carrying two phones and I hate apple, but it was free so I used it. When I saw the K2 silver unlocked on ebay for $550 and I had a coupon for 15% off, I couldn't pass it down. So I paid about $480...
    02-20-19 12:22 PM
    (2/2) Now, onto my review of the device after having it been my daily driver for almost two months now...

So initial reaction, this phone is very sleek! It's basically a skinny version of the PPSE! Having come from that, it was very nice. Also, the keyboard seems to be solid. My build date was actually December of '18 so I suppose it was rather new, but the spacebar sits in there very solid. It doesn't wobble, but it does make a different noise when clicking. The different noise doesn't really bother me too much. I guess it's because it has the fingerprint sensor? I have no idea. Speaking of, I've removed and added a new fingerprint many times to try and get it perfect but there are still times when you have to try twice or three times for it to register. So maybe not as good as the iPhone I was using. But this is not a post about iPhones... Another thing I discovered is I too have issues sometimes with the sensitivity of the keyboard. I didn't want the LE cus I can't live without the capacitive KB. I don't use it as much for swipe up but just for scrolling like the trackpad of old. So for swiping up on words, it can take two or three tries sometimes. Like it won't register. Then sometimes when I type a word like "PASS" for example, I have my right thumb on the "P" then my left thumb on the "A" and I guess I typed it too quick or something because it will think I did I swipe to the left to erase and it will erase a word. Again, I can live with these things, it just seems like it's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Can't tell. Other than that, it's a great keyboard. I don't think it's the best. I still think that the keys itself, nothing more, but the quality of the keys itself, are better on PPSE and my Bold before that. It's still a great keyboard, it just feels ever so slightly cheaper than the Super premium feel of those past devices. I've never used a PRIV, but I'm sure it's way better than that one.

Onto the screen, it's snug in there, there are a couple imperfections on the left side of it like I can grab at a black sticky film. I don't know if it's like the way it was put into the device? Idk, but I'll look deeper into this. Like many have said, even on full brightness, it does pale in comparison to my iPhone under sunlight. I live in sunny FL and I work outside, so it can be bothersome, but it's still manageable. At nighttime, it is bright and looks fine. I think the screen is perfect size honestly. Doesn't feel too small, doesn't feel too big. Colors look great on it.

Camera: okay so I've never been a big "camera" person because I've always had Blackberry devices and it's never bothered me. I've always taken tons of pics, the only times that it wasn't great was zoomed in or at nighttime. Unfortunately, it is the same deal this time around with the K2. It take pics just fine in the daytime. Great pictures actually. But at nighttime and zoomed in, it's what you'd expect from a BlackBerry. the portrait mode is awesome even if it's not as good as the iPhone. It is just slightly a little more blurry around the edges of the target. but still looks good and is so much fun to take. I'd rather have it, not as good, than not have it at all.

Okay so everyone already knows about the apps. It's such a relief to finally be "caught up" with the rest of my friends and family on social media apps or work apps or recreational apps or bank apps. Won't spend a lot of time on this.

Battery is amazing. If I'm not going heavy on the device, it last two whole days. If I do go heavy on it, it last maybe a day and a half. Also, the quick charge is really really cool.

As far as snappiness with the more RAM, I've never used a K1 so I don't know what little RAM will do and my PPSE was always snappy. This thing flies, but I'm not gonna be naive about it either. When I went deep into pages on the FB app or Instagram app, it did freeze up a couple times and I had to close the app. No biggie as I knew I was going through pages and pages on the app, but still was weird. Couldn't hit the home button to close it for like 10 seconds. Couldn't hit anything til it unfroze itself. I don't remember what update I'm on but it's rather knew. Whichever one is before ABP924. That one is sitting waiting to be installed.

In closing, I really can't help but love this device! I am still getting used to using Android OS. It's definitely not as efficient as BB10 but it's marginal differences mostly. All in all it still FEELS like a premium device like BlackBerry of old, but is it worth the price tag to others out there? I certainly thought it was worth $500.

- Cheers fellow BB fans! Typed this all out on the K2! And it felt so good!
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    02-20-19 12:49 PM
    (2/2) Now, onto my review of the device after having it been my daily driver for almost two months now...

So initial reaction, this phone is very sleek! It's basically a skinny version of the PPSE! Having come from that, it was very nice. Also, the keyboard seems to be solid. My build date was actually December of '18 so I suppose it was rather new, but the spacebar sits in there very solid. It doesn't wobble, but it does make a different noise when clicking. The different noise doesn't really bother me too much. I guess it's because it has the fingerprint sensor? I have no idea. Speaking of, I've removed and added a new fingerprint many times to try and get it perfect but there are still times when you have to try twice or three times for it to register. So maybe not as good as the iPhone I was using. But this is not a post about iPhones... Another thing I discovered is I too have issues sometimes with the sensitivity of the keyboard. I didn't want the LE cus I can't live without the capacitive KB. I don't use it as much for swipe up but just for scrolling like the trackpad of old. So for swiping up on words, it can take two or three tries sometimes. Like it won't register. Then sometimes when I type a word like "PASS" for example, I have my right thumb on the "P" then my left thumb on the "A" and I guess I typed it too quick or something because it will think I did I swipe to the left to erase and it will erase a word. Again, I can live with these things, it just seems like it's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. Can't tell. Other than that, it's a great keyboard. I don't think it's the best. I still think that the keys itself, nothing more, but the quality of the keys itself, are better on PPSE and my Bold before that. It's still a great keyboard, it just feels ever so slightly cheaper than the Super premium feel of those past devices. I've never used a PRIV, but I'm sure it's way better than that one.

Onto the screen, it's snug in there, there are a couple imperfections on the left side of it like I can grab at a black sticky film. I don't know if it's like the way it was put into the device? Idk, but I'll look deeper into this. Like many have said, even on full brightness, it does pale in comparison to my iPhone under sunlight. I live in sunny FL and I work outside, so it can be bothersome, but it's still manageable. At nighttime, it is bright and looks fine. I think the screen is perfect size honestly. Doesn't feel too small, doesn't feel too big. Colors look great on it.

Camera: okay so I've never been a big "camera" person because I've always had Blackberry devices and it's never bothered me. I've always taken tons of pics, the only times that it wasn't great was zoomed in or at nighttime. Unfortunately, it is the same deal this time around with the K2. It take pics just fine in the daytime. Great pictures actually. But at nighttime and zoomed in, it's what you'd expect from a BlackBerry. the portrait mode is awesome even if it's not as good as the iPhone. It is just slightly a little more blurry around the edges of the target. but still looks good and is so much fun to take. I'd rather have it, not as good, than not have it at all.

Okay so everyone already knows about the apps. It's such a relief to finally be "caught up" with the rest of my friends and family on social media apps or work apps or recreational apps or bank apps. Won't spend a lot of time on this.

Battery is amazing. If I'm not going heavy on the device, it last two whole days. If I do go heavy on it, it last maybe a day and a half. Also, the quick charge is really really cool.

As far as snappiness with the more RAM, I've never used a K1 so I don't know what little RAM will do and my PPSE was always snappy. This thing flies, but I'm not gonna be naive about it either. When I went deep into pages on the FB app or Instagram app, it did freeze up a couple times and I had to close the app. No biggie as I knew I was going through pages and pages on the app, but still was weird. Couldn't hit the home button to close it for like 10 seconds. Couldn't hit anything til it unfroze itself. I don't remember what update I'm on but it's rather knew. Whichever one is before ABP924. That one is sitting waiting to be installed.

In closing, I really can't help but love this device! I am still getting used to using Android OS. It's definitely not as efficient as BB10 but it's marginal differences mostly. All in all it still FEELS like a premium device like BlackBerry of old, but is it worth the price tag to others out there? I certainly thought it was worth $500.

Glad you have joined the KEY2 club and it is a great device even with a couple gripes.

I will concur with just about everything you have said about the keyboard, screen brightness, camera, browser freeze which I did think it was the Kiwi Browser but I am not sure what browser you were using. I assume it does not matter which browser.

I find that I still stumble on this keyboard but I know it took me a month or two to get fluent on the Passport so I will be thrashing on this KEY2 for a while.

I did read on many posts and this is my third KEY2, that the swipe up feature works as you have described and it does the same on my newest acquisition. I have accepted the fact that I will be using the swipe back to erase more than anything because it is the most useful next to editing text.

It's just nice to have a physical keyboard again.
    02-23-19 03:43 PM

I read your post and saw you comment on the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping predicted words. There are a number of us who are plagued with this issue and have open cases with BlackBerry Technical Support. We are working with them to hopefully get a resolution to this issue. Check out the thread and I encourage you to open up a case with BlackBerry Technical Support so we can BBMo to correct this PKB flaw.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13352203

Bob
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-23-19 06:07 PM
    Glad you have joined the KEY2 club and it is a great device even with a couple gripes.

I will concur with just about everything you have said about the keyboard, screen brightness, camera, browser freeze which I did think it was the Kiwi Browser but I am not sure what browser you were using. I assume it does not matter which browser.

I find that I still stumble on this keyboard but I know it took me a month or two to get fluent on the Passport so I will be thrashing on this KEY2 for a while.

I did read on many posts and this is my third KEY2, that the swipe up feature works as you have described and it does the same on my newest acquisition. I have accepted the fact that I will be using the swipe back to erase more than anything because it is the most useful next to editing text.

It's just nice to have a physical keyboard again.
    You mention in your post this is your 3rd KEY2 and they all suffer from the PKB sensitivity issue. Did you do 3 advance exchanges with BlackBerry Technical Support or purchase 3 different KEY2's?

There are a number of us working with BBMo Technical Support to hopefully get this swiping issue corrected. See the link to the thread on this issue in my post above and join the discussion if you like.

Bob
    02-23-19 06:43 PM
    You mention in your post this is your 3rd KEY2 and they all suffer from the PKB sensitivity issue. Did you do 3 advance exchanges with BlackBerry Technical Support or purchase 3 different KEY2's?

There are a number of us working with BBMo Technical Support to hopefully get this swiping issue corrected. See the link to the thread on this issue in my post above and join the discussion if you like.

Bob
    No I bought them all slightly used but new. They all suffered from the same keyboard issues. I even tested two different store models that behaved the same.
    I believe that it could be corrected with a software tweak but do I think it will? Likely not.

I do not understand how when they have the Passport to use as a prime example of perfection, they fail so badly. I do not think that they will be fixing this any time soon and probably feel we are nitpicking. Perhaps they will do better on the KEY3 but I would not hold my breath on this model.
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-23-19 07:19 PM
    No I bought them all slightly used but new. They all suffered from the same keyboard issues. I even tested two different store models that behaved the same.
    I believe that it could be corrected with a software tweak but do I think it will? Likely not.

I do not understand how when they have the Passport to use as a prime example of perfection, they fail so badly. I do not think that they will be fixing this any time soon and probably feel we are nitpicking. Perhaps they will do better on the KEY3 but I would not hold my breath on this model.
    Thanks for your reply... I didn't have the Passport but I am very familiar with it and yes, the PKB functioned flawlessly with swiping of predicted words. As did the PRIV which I used for 3 years before getting the KEY2. The difference being the Passport and PRIV were BlackBerry manufactured devices... Not BlackBerry Mobile manufactured devices.

As I mentioned, there are a number of us working with BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support on this issue and we have open cases with them. They have sent me an advance exchange replacement device that I will be receiving Monday. Based on the representative's claim this is a hardware issue... there have been attempts to correct this issue with software updates but to date it is still not resolved.

I invite you to check out the thread that I referenced... I posted the link in a post just above these. Your input and participation would be appreciated... I will be posting my findings with regard to the replacement device once I have the opportunity to check it out.

Bob
    02-23-19 08:01 PM
    Thanks for your reply... I didn't have the Passport but I am very familiar with it and yes, the PKB functioned flawlessly with swiping of predicted words. As did the PRIV which I used for 3 years before getting the KEY2. The difference being the Passport and PRIV were BlackBerry manufactured devices... Not BlackBerry Mobile manufactured devices.

As I mentioned, there are a number of us working with BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support on this issue and we have open cases with them. They have sent me an advance exchange replacement device that I will be receiving Monday. Based on the representative's claim this is a hardware issue... there have been attempts to correct this issue with software updates but to date it is still not resolved.

I invite you to check out the thread that I referenced... I posted the link in a post just above these. Your input and participation would be appreciated... I will be posting my findings with regard to the replacement device once I have the opportunity to check it out.

Bob
    I would love to hear your findings when you receive it. I am a sceptic by nature but I hope you find resolution with the new device. I will check out your link and Thank you
    02-23-19 08:09 PM
279 ... 56789 ...