Awesome, just did it thanks so much!
    And for the cursor mode, simply double tap on your keyboard and voilà!
    11-05-18 04:17 AM
    And for the cursor mode, simply double tap on your keyboard and voilà!
    Thank you I actually figured that out by accident while playing around with the phone and inadvertently tapping the keyboard twice!
    11-05-18 04:25 AM
    Thank you I actually figured that out by accident while playing around with the phone and inadvertently tapping the keyboard twice!
    Good things always have been discovered by accident
    Hope you enjoy your new baby!
    11-05-18 07:28 AM
    Good things always have been discovered by accident
    Hope you enjoy your new baby!
    I am really enjoying it.
    I am still getting used to the size (previous phone was a classic) but it is an awesome phone
    11-05-18 09:04 AM
    "Got" mine, well, getting it, tomorrow. Ordered through Amazon yesterday, got the silver version as it reminds me the most of my beloved Passport SE. Because of a critical work-related app that won't really run on my PPSE, I've been using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active for the last several months and pretty much hating every minute of it. One of the most frustrating things to me is typing on it, so I'm really looking forward to having a PKB again. I hate Android but must use it for work (that or IOS) so really hoping that having a keyboard will make things better for me.

Richard
    In my severely limited free time trying to get the Key2 set up, transferring data from my S7 Active is going poorly. Hung near the end of installing apps, just never finishes. I don't blame the device, more likely Android itself, but it still needs to complete successfully so I can use it. Contacts did not come over. SMS did but without any of the associated attachments (not really surprised.)

Just poking around on the phone so far I've found the fingerprint reader sketchy, told me numerous times during fingerprint learning that the reader was dirty and to clean it (it's spotlessly clean) and it consistently fails to read one of my learned prints. Tiny keyboard compared to my Passport SE is awkward to use and the feel of the keys not positive at all.

Dunno...maybe I'm just expecting too much and too stuck in old ways, I'm really not feeling this phone at all. So much that I'm seriously considering trying to find some way to double carry my Passport SE and the Samsung that I already own.. and sending the Key2 back.

Richard
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    11-05-18 11:25 AM
    In my severely limited free time trying to get the Key2 set up, transferring data from my S7 Active is going poorly. Hung near the end of installing apps, just never finishes. I don't blame the device, more likely Android itself, but it still needs to complete successfully so I can use it. Contacts did not come over. SMS did but without any of the associated attachments (not really surprised.)

Just poking around on the phone so far I've found the fingerprint reader sketchy, told me numerous times during fingerprint learning that the reader was dirty and to clean it (it's spotlessly clean) and it consistently fails to read one of my learned prints. Tiny keyboard compared to my Passport SE is awkward to use and the feel of the keys not positive at all.

Dunno...maybe I'm just expecting too much and too stuck in old ways, I'm really not feeling this phone at all. So much that I'm seriously considering trying to find some way to double carry my Passport SE and the Samsung that I already own.. and sending the Key2 back.

Richard
    Using Google's own apps such as Contacts, Calendar, Keep (Notes) etc will make for very seamless transitioning between Android devices.
    Samsung has its own Samsung transfer software.

As for apps, just download them from the Play Store one by one in order of importance. You may find you don't even really need all the ones that are on the Samsung.

As for the fingerprint reader, try registering the same thumb twice and see if that helps.

I wouldn't give up now if I were you, Anfdroid devices always take a couple hours to fully set up and get them going. But once you're past that point, the fun begins.

Typed this from my KEY2
    11-05-18 01:25 PM
    I just bought a used MINT condition silver key2. Wanted the black but the deal I got was good and I was concerned about the black matte peeling when scratched. Looking forward to it!
    the brother likes this.
    11-05-18 09:17 PM
    mine turns off when i try to call or answer. any solution??
    11-10-18 01:10 PM
    mine turns off when i try to call or answer. any solution??
    Ouch. That sucks. I'll be interested in seeing the answer to this. Can you return it?
    11-10-18 05:25 PM
    I finally got mine. BLACK! Ordered it Saturday from Best Buy with them saying it would be here this coming Thursday. Much to my surprise got an email around 8:30pm (yesterday) saying it was ready to be picked up. They close at 9 and I was on the other side of town...didn't let that stop me. Lol.

Spent the last 3 hours setting it up exactly like my KEYone. I shoulda been sleep 3 hours ago. I'll feel it 2morrow...well today, lol.
    11-13-18 01:05 AM
    Where did you buy your Key2 from and what color do you have?
    Amazon. Silver. Love it!
    the brother and xtef like this.
    11-16-18 10:42 PM
    Amazon. Black. Best BB ever!
    11-18-18 04:42 PM
    Got mine a few days ago from a French website you wouldn't know of. Picked the silver one, of course.
    This is my first new phone in 5 years, I was still using my BB Curve 9320 until then.
    Byrese, xtef, the_boon and 1 others like this.
    11-28-18 12:39 PM
    From Tim mobile silver edition 6/64gb single sim..best android ever!! bb+android=wonderfull experience!!
    11-30-18 10:22 AM
    i paid 288€uros in amazon spain for a "like new"used device(-80 euros plus, cause come without earphones) I think this is the real price for this phone. really, i cant understand the really bad lcd screen, and the really bad bad bad bad camera. I have the p20 pro in the other pocket. As far as i'm concerned that TCL is trying to steal blackbery users. i dont return it cause i pay "only" 288 euros, but sincerely, this phone doesn´t cost 600 euros. NO.
    12-06-18 03:50 PM
    Got mine last weekend I feel like it's gotten better with every update. Same complaints as everyone else definitely a little obsessed with trying to figure out how not to use the spacebar haha or find the spot to press so it will doesn't click..

Otherwise looking forward to doing the keyboard typing over the Priv, it's keyboard was for emergencies only.. Stupid clicky *** spacebar. Definitely a step up compatibility and speed wise. Thanks for the tip about the sym key bringing up the virtual keyboard... Key2 is nice no real complaints it's nice having these shortcuts.. And I really just use it as a phone and email machine. Coming from the Priv pretty happy with the camera too haha.
    12-19-18 11:30 PM
    Hi,

Waiting for December update, 1.12, ABL911 running on KEY2 BBF100-1, unfortunately the WIFI issue persists.

What's a petty, such a device to have a basic but very annoying issue. Moreover, this is not something new to TCL/Blackberry (e.g. KeyOne, Passport having similar issue in the past)... something they should be fixed for ever many years ago.

TCL/Blackberry - THIS IS BASIC STUFF in 2019 to HAVE the WIFI WORKING.

Good luck finding a fix,
    Best,
    Ovidiu
    12-25-18 02:54 AM
    I have mine for a week 128gb International version , manufactured In 11.2018
    Till today no issues mentioned In that forum
    12-25-18 07:48 AM
    Thanks for sharing ... I suspect you will see the issue in few days as it is affecting multiple models and 128gb version cannot prevent it.

Kindly asking you to keep us posted.

Best,
    12-26-18 02:07 AM
    Hi,

Waiting for December update, 1.12, ABL911 running on KEY2 BBF100-1, unfortunately the WIFI issue persists.

What's a petty, such a device to have a basic but very annoying issue. Moreover, this is not something new to TCL/Blackberry (e.g. KeyOne, Passport having similar issue in the past)... something they should be fixed for ever many years ago.

TCL/Blackberry - THIS IS BASIC STUFF in 2019 to HAVE the WIFI WORKING.

Good luck finding a fix,
    Best,
    Ovidiu
    Sounds like the issue may be isolated to subset of users or specific update related.... forget WiFi connection, 32 second reboot, turn off router modem unit for 60-90 seconds. After restarting, setup device WiFi connection.
    12-26-18 07:28 AM
    I believe the issue is more common then you might think - potentially many people does not understand wifi should work flawlessly and think their wifi setup might be wrong. in fact it is bb.

thanks for provided workaround but sorry to say it does not fit my expectations.

best
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-26-18 08:24 AM
    Yes after a lot of research and exploration, I have finally got my key2

And I'm absolutely loving it!
    12-28-18 12:43 PM
    Finally got mine over Xmas break via Amazon.

Definitely an improvement over the KeyOne! The keyboard and lack of lag make this the device I thought I was getting the first time (when I bought the KeyOne).

I would say that this is the best Blackberry yet; surpassing the Passport SE.
    01-02-19 05:05 PM
    Just got my BB Key2 sim free UK. Best purchase. only complain is loose space bar
    Last edited by aappaj; 01-17-19 at 08:43 AM.
    01-14-19 07:31 AM
    Ok, so should I get a KeyOne or a KeyTwo?
    01-16-19 05:06 PM
279 ... 45678 ...