Obviously all of the 7/13 us K2's are silver... Another classic launch, how is it that they could not get the one container of black K2's they will sell in the entire country on time... keeping it iconic just like RIM/BBRY, late and disappointing. I will never learn but at least they are consistent.
    07-15-18 11:02 PM
    amazon came through and delivered my mini-passport se yesterday!

Still haven't set everything up yet but my initial impressions are:

Not sure if it's intentional but the capacitive buttons are way brighter than the keyboard; and the keyboard is too dim. Other than that I'm happy with the hardware even with the different feeling/sounding keyboard that seems to block swiping up middle word substitutions.

Love that much of the software has improved since rolling initial rollout to the Play Store, it was downright unusable on a Nexus 4 back then. Seems like the Hub is really close to bb10's hub, just missing priority hub. Love the different productivity shortcuts, navigating the os and multitasking is effortless. No issues with performance, it just flies.

***After a few days review:

I consider myself a smartphone power user using Nexus devices (stock and with custom ROMs) since the n4 and dual-wielding an iPhone with the Key2 and I can say that I'm a happy camper with the Key2!

Interacting with the phone is a unique experience especially with how much more the pkb does than just text input, it's like BB was able to continue and evolve what they started with bb10.

Went all in with the shortcuts (pkb, productivity tab, convenience key) and I'm truly happy with this purchase. Like BlackBerries of old, once all those things are setup, using the device is a breeze and so efficient. Still getting used to the trackpad functionality for text editing, definitely better than stock Android and iOS. Also getting used to classic BB kb layout with the alt, shift and ctrl keys, switched from a Passport SE to the Key2 so after a few more days I feel like I'll be up to speed.

Hardware: build quality is great! The spacebar is different from the rest of the keyboard but it terms of feel and sound but doesn't detract from normal use.

Software: BlackBerry really delivered on this side! Everything is smooth and no lag.

Locker is pretty amazing with its implementation, apps in Locker will relock when app switching and I can have company docs on my device knowing that they are secure. plus I can keep personal notes, financial apps, etc locked away from prying eyes.

The app switcher is great, reminiscent of bb10 layout.

Really subtle but the pre-installed app icons bbos7, bb10, and the system ones are lovely. The system icon pack is pretty much inspired by bbos7 with modern updates!

Privacy shade and redactor are awesome!

The camera and watching videos are fine but for my use case, I can definitely recommend the Key2!
    Last edited by sibeans; 07-20-18 at 02:25 PM.
    07-17-18 02:00 AM
    finally got it! favorite feature is actually the weight of the device! I used to have to do arm curls to continually use they keyone. this just feels so much more comfortable for prolonged use sessions.
    Johberry likes this.
    07-17-18 06:54 PM
    Was going to wait for Oreo on my KEYone, but ended up pulling the trigger on a silver KEY2 late Friday July 13th on the Best Buy website. It arrived Tuesday July 17th.

I'm definitely glad I did for the following:
    Snappier performance
    Easier key input
    Key scroll pad is active all the way down to the bottom rows of keys(the KEYone only utilized the top two rows of keys)
    More noticeable haptic feedback
    Easier to hold than the KEYone possibly due to the sides being more square and less weight.

It's a nice upgrade. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer.
    Johberry likes this.
    07-18-18 12:12 AM
    Got mine on launch day here in the US from Best Buy, silver. No issues other than when I tried to transfer contact from a Samsung device. Ended up starting fresh and it's been great!
    First time BlackBerry user, although always loved my friends, when it came to physical phones I normally had a sidekick or Droid phone.
    Have to say the is probably the best physical keyboard I've had the pleasure of using!
    I'm not sure how to tell if I got a device with a messed up space bar, would it be that noticeable?
    07-18-18 05:16 AM
    Picked up a new KEY2? Let us know right here and don't be afraid to write out your own reviews and thoughts!
    Hands down one of the best phones ever.

My keyone was soooooo slooowwww so slow, I couldnt do anything without a lag. This key2 is night and day! Very fast and awesome device. Blackberry nailed it.

Also the speed key is pretty cool only bummer is you have to hold the speed key while selecting your key so it pretty much gives the middle finger to one hand operation while using speed key....but honestly who cares? Key2 is still awesome!
    07-18-18 08:00 AM
    Thanks. I guess the key question for many people is - is it enough of an upgrade from the keyone to justify or wait for the next key phone
    07-18-18 09:55 AM
    Heads up... amazon estimated delivery sept 8 th. Canceled and ordered from Best Buy. Two days. Will have it tomorrow ! Can’t wait
    tyaniz and texn884 like this.
    07-18-18 01:50 PM
    I preordered a black Key2 from Best Buy on 29 June and it arrived on time on 13 July.

I enjoy it more than the KeyOne. The Key2 is lighter in weight, snappier in performance, and has better reception and call quality than my KeyOne. Longtime BlackBerry user and while the taller size of the Android phones are still a bit awkward to hold and type on, the weight of the Key2 makes up for it. Worth the upgrade from the KeyOne, and I don't regret my purchase.
    07-18-18 02:57 PM
    I've had mine 24 hours and am so in love!!!!
    Left the house at 6:45am, did a couple hours of Waze, and here at 11:15 I have 20% battery left. WOW!!!
    The keyboard shortcuts are fabulous, esp using the Speed key.
    Took the phone to an international economics conference today and it was a huge hit.
    Coming from a larger phone, the screen seemed small for a few hours but now is fine. Plus, you get MORE usable screen space than with a pop-up keyboard.
    Sure, the space bar click sounds different from other keys but I'd've never given it a second thought unless I had read threads here.

My only beef so far is that when I use google voice typing, you have to dismiss the window manually. and it has a short silence timeout.
    JECE and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    07-18-18 10:20 PM
    I got mine yesterday. Last BlackBerry device was a Q10. Coming from Iphone SE, hence I suppose the screen real estate is still an upgrade to me. Well.. Loving it ! After porting all my messages and Whassap, finally got to use it during the night. I must say this time BlackBerry nailed it.

1) I miss pkb so much that I forgot how much I love them. Typing with it is a pleasure.

2) the phone is definitely adequate for the normal usage, no lag or whatsoever even after importing 15k of messages and 55k of Whassap w media.

3) Don't understand why are there so many reviews are finding faults in the camera. I find it absolutely no problem. Took some day and night photos. Of course, am not a photographer myself, but I find the pictures turned out nice.

I don't really use my phone for media, maybe occasional youtubing and insta, . Other than that, typing experience emails, massaging and phone lasting a full day usage are the points I would look into getting a phone.

Still exploring the phone ....
    07-19-18 01:48 AM
    Hey guys! I got the silver key2 on the 17th. I ordered from Staples.ca on Friday and then tried to cancel because I got cold feet after reading some negative reviews but it had already shipped. I LOVE this BlackBerry!

It feels lighter than expected but doesn't feel cheap. It feels solid and well made.

It looks gorgeous and the keyboard is amazing. I have mostly used Blackberries in the past with my last one being the Q10 and my last device before the Key2 was the iPhone 6 plus. This is my first android device.

The spacebar does have a different sound and feel to it than the other keys but I don't believe it to be a problem. It doesn't feel lose or wobbly, just different.

The camera seems fine to me and for my use it is perfect.

The screen could stand to be brighter for better viewing in daylight for sure. I thought that I would be unhappy with the smaller screen size but it's not an issue.

Here are a couple of photos of it!

Attachment 438130Attachment 438129
    Attached Thumbnails Official "I got my KEY2" thread-1212.jpg   Official "I got my KEY2" thread-1210.jpg   Official "I got my KEY2" thread-1209.jpg  
    Last edited by xtef; 07-19-18 at 09:06 AM.
    07-19-18 08:27 AM
    Got my Key2 a couple of dats ago. Its really nice. Screen is great for my eyes. Phone is fast enough for me as I'm not a gamer. Basically phone will do everything I, That's I need it to do. if your a speed freak or use your camera to make a movie it might not be for you. My opinion is that for everyday use its a great phone. My space key works fine. Dont notice any extra noise or wobble. Got the silver from Amazon. Just my thought, YMMV.
    YDShine likes this.
    07-19-18 01:21 PM
    Where did you buy your Key2 from and what color do you have?
    07-19-18 01:37 PM
    Got my Silver Edition KEY2 today and it is a step up over the KEYone, personally I would say it's a big step up, little confusing as it has the Oreo update so it's double the impact
    07-19-18 04:07 PM
    Where did you buy your Key2 from and what color do you have?
    Got my Silver Key 2 from Amazon. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't have a delivery problem.
    MizzezJonezee likes this.
    07-20-18 12:37 AM
    Have had my black Key2 from Amazon on AT&T for 2 days and have had no issues. Ordered on 29 June and was delivered as advertised on 17 July. It is simply the best BB device ever! Yes, the space bar has a click by design, but the larger keys make for a much improved PKB experience. Had the Priv and KeyOne, and the Key2 is a big leap in performance. It's fast, snappy, feels great naked, sound, calls, speaker, wi-fi and connectivity are all better, camera works great, and Oreo has many nice improvements. Using my Priv holster for now and waiting for the reliable Seidio Surface case and holster when available. If you are on the fence about moving up to the Key2, just do it...you'll be glad you did.
    Snappy Phoenix and Malduin6 like this.
    07-20-18 06:55 PM
    Yeah! I think I watched all the reviews on YouTube before I pull out the trigger.
    JOHNGAETANO and the brother like this.
    07-20-18 07:28 PM
    So guys and gals. I received my key2 last week and sadly just returned it. I just couldn't get passed the poor audio and subpar screen brightness. I've been using a note 8 and going to the key2 it was so obvious how the quality was much better on the note8. They keyboard is great and the key2 performs great as far as speed and os but for the nearly 700 I spent after taxes I just couldn't justify it with the obvious cheap feel and sound and screen. This may be my last attempt at coming back to blackberry. Even my beloved passport from a few years ago was a much better more premium device. Thanks for the memories blackberry! Tcl is not rim! Good luck guys.
    07-23-18 10:51 AM
    Received my silver model today haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I accidentally ordered two I have the other one for sale in the marketplace. I will review in a few days.
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-23-18 05:05 PM
    I just got my Key2 a few days ago. I've had an iPhone5 for almost 6 years and it was due for replacement finally. I was initially interested in the Motion but the second I saw the Key2 on demo at my local Bell I was enamoured with it. I've used BB's on and off over the years for work but all before OS10.
    Thoughts:
    - Android notifications are a mess, I'm slowly getting things set up the way I want though.
    - Wish there was a way to adjust keyboard led brightness
    - Wish you could set the capacitive touch button LED's to stay on as long as the screen is on
    - Spacebar seems ok but does sound different
    - Using a PKB is quite fast for letters but slower I find for numbers and symbols
    - Great looking phone, I didn't want some glossy curvy thing that is all the rage
    - Currently using Light Manager for LED status light control, BB should come out with something similar
    the brother likes this.
    07-24-18 09:43 AM
    Received my silver model today haven't had a chance to set it up yet. I accidentally ordered two I have the other one for sale in the marketplace. I will review in a few days.
    Going on my second day and I am very impressed with the Key2 haven't seen any of the complaints people are talking about except the dim keyboard.
    07-24-18 10:02 PM
    Finally got my version and kudos to BlackBerry mobile, after having a stock issue they now send the phone using express shipping, so it took less than one day to arrive, and without any build issues, yet .
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-26-18 11:02 AM
    To all the people complaining about the quality of the Key2 for the $649 price tag: the Oppo Find X will cost around $873 (it's currently available for pre-order in India for Rs 59990, which is about $873) and the quality is beyond terrible:
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    07-27-18 05:59 AM
    Well, reading through this thread, it looks like BBMo dropped the ball once again in terms of QC. I'll keep my K1 a while longer until they release a revision with the issues fixed. Darn shame.

To the above comment, the fact that other manufacturers have terrible quality does not excuse BBMo in the least. In fact, it just categorizes it further into the terrible build quality sector along with the many smaller chinese companies.
    07-27-18 09:57 AM
279 1234 ...