Picked up a new KEY2? Let us know right here and don't be afraid to write out your own reviews and thoughts!
    07-13-18 01:31 PM
    Awesome device. First one had a rattly and clacky spacebar that was also wobbly but the replacement is rock solid - no noise and really tight. Loving the black so far. Better looking back than the K1 BE. Ordered a silver to review but I don't think CBK is right about the colours, lol. Rest of the phone is an improvement over the K1 e.g. signal etc.
    07-13-18 01:36 PM
    Got a Black one from the UK, and have a Silver in route from Best Buy for Monday. So far so good with the UK version. True review coming after I get the Silver one.

Can confirm:

1. Signal issue has been resolved. My K1's signal was horrific. K2 is strong with no issues.
    2. Overall telephony is great. Ear piece and overall communication is strong.
    Last edited by JOHNGAETANO; 07-14-18 at 12:42 PM.
    07-13-18 02:53 PM
    Well I was supposed to get mine on next Monday or Tuesday but I got a picture from amazon showing that they put it in front of garage door.

Good thing I wasn't home or i would have drove over it when o open the garage door. Genius' right there.

Can't wait to play with it this weekend.
    07-13-18 03:44 PM
    got mine. everything looks good except:

the space bar is indeed a bit wobbly. I can live with it.

the recent square key is only about 50% as bright as the back and home buttons.

that really irritates me. I have ocd and like my things uniform. when I look at it it feels like one eye is swollen or hazy like a bad morning with pink eye or the cold.

ugh. not liking that at all. why in the world would that happen?
    stefan_ and peregrineay like this.
    07-13-18 07:37 PM
    just got my silver one today. The spacebar is indeed wobbly but I can live with it. It just feels like a different sort of click and I can already feel it settling.

The two things I wasn't prepared for were:
    1. As the poster above me noted, the regents button is dimmer than back and home. Probably by about 25 percent, but definitely notable and super annoying.
    2. The keyboard backlight is an ugly color and unevenly lit. Top row is brighter.
    07-13-18 10:10 PM
    Surprisingly arrived today. Ordered it early in the week from my carrier. It's lighter than I thought. Keys are better than Key1 as described. Feels better and it's obvious the material build has been improved vs its predecessor. The one main con I see for now is the screen brightness or lack thereof. Hoping updates can optimize this. Indoors is no problem. Outdoors it's almost a joke.
    The keyboard is fun. It's only been a day yet the muscle memory is not too far off. Battery life is stellar so far, but hey it's only been a day. More to come in weeks to come.
    lauyerman likes this.
    07-13-18 10:20 PM
    Preordered a silver from Best Buy on 7/6 and it was delivered this morning. The keyboard is amazing. I thought the Keyone keyboard was pretty great, but the Key2 blows it out of the water. Wow.

The speed of the phone is much faster than my KeyOne. Setting up the Key2 with ~100 apps was noticeably faster than the migration to the KeyOne. Moving between apps and browser windows is much crisper.

Very satisfied. Best BlackBerry I've ever used, no doubt.
    07-13-18 10:31 PM
    I got mine today and I have a few weird problems. black from Best Buy

I can't download to the micro sd card, in fact if I try to change the settings to "external" in Google Play Music, the whole app crashes. I can take a picture, and it will save to the microsd card. If i try to download in google play music, google maps, or youtube music, it just won't work (if I'm trying the microsd card)

I cannot figure out how to turn off apps showing up on the home screen. everytime i download an app it shows on the home screen, I have tried check the play store settings and the blackberry launcher settings, but i can't seem to find it
    07-13-18 10:48 PM
    Got mine launch day. Black, got it through Rogers so no colour choice. Love it, best DroidBerry yet by a nautical mile.
    07-14-18 04:32 AM
    Got my unlocked silver Key2 yesterday. Two words: AWESOME PHONE!
    07-14-18 09:30 AM
    Awesome device. First one had a rattly and clacky spacebar that was also wobbly but the replacement is rock solid - no noise and really tight. Loving the black so far. Better looking back than the K1 BE. Ordered a silver to review but I don't think CBK is right about the colours, lol. Rest of the phone is an improvement over the K1 e.g. signal etc.
    Very happy with my Key2 having just returned to Blackberry from a sojourn into iOS - mine also has a noisy space bar, but not wobbly or loose. Just assumed the noise it makes when I press it was a feature......?
    07-14-18 09:42 AM
    I got mine today and I have a few weird problems. black from Best Buy

I can't download to the micro sd card, in fact if I try to change the settings to "external" in Google Play Music, the whole app crashes. I can take a picture, and it will save to the microsd card. If i try to download in google play music, google maps, or youtube music, it just won't work (if I'm trying the microsd card)

I cannot figure out how to turn off apps showing up on the home screen. everytime i download an app it shows on the home screen, I have tried check the play store settings and the blackberry launcher settings, but i can't seem to find it
    It is weird, usually the setting is in the Google play store. But it is no where to be found for me as well.
    07-14-18 09:52 AM
    Can anyone else confirm that setting display or font size other than default introduces screen flicker when changing apps/ui processes? When brightness is past 20%.

On default it doesn't happen.
    07-14-18 09:54 AM
    Got my silver model yesterday. No problem of any kind and I love it. I have a K1 and a Motion and sometimes take them both with me to get the best of both models (and sometimes the Motion and my Passport). In my opinion they’ve amalgamated the best features of all of the previous BBs into this phone. It feels great in the hand and has a great screen like the Motion, the keyboard is super like the Passport, they fixed the signal problem of the K1 and the camera pictures look very sharp and colourful.

I can safely say that from now on I’ll only be using the K2.
    terghalin and YDShine like this.
    07-14-18 11:30 AM
    Can anyone else confirm that setting display or font size other than default introduces screen flicker when changing apps/ui processes? When brightness is past 20%.

On default it doesn't happen.
    Nothing to report here. I instantly changed all font sizes (system and apps), adaptive lighting on with display about 60%, night mode set to dawn and dusk and everything works sweet. Also changed keyboard brightness to low so it's not glaring in the darkness of night.

I don't have any issues that others have reported with their keyboard and navigation button lighting but I do have the wobbly annoying clicky spacebar. That's been my only gripe and I'll give it a week to see if I can tolerate it. It's good to know that it's supposed to be solid but I've heard plenty of others in the related thread that have sent theirs back only to get another clicky wobbler .

Other than that.... Quality phone! PKB's forever!

It's far lighter than I expected and I even had to be extra cautious at the beginning because it's almost too light lol that maybe because I favoured the weighty slab of the Passport or top heaviness off the slid up PRIV

Battery life is fantastic! A full day with moderate to heavy use and a little left to boot before charging at bed time and that's with 60% too.
    07-14-18 12:36 PM
    Got mine yesterday as well from Amazon. There is a lot to like about this phone, feels great in the hand, looks more refined then the Key1, a lot of little improvements like that. The keyboard is great, but like many others, have a terribly wobbly and loud spacebar. It is really strange because typing everything feels great except for the spacebar, and it makes it feel cheap. Not sure if it will be a deal breaker or not for me yet.
    07-14-18 07:46 PM
    Having used the K2 with a slightly wobbling space bar I can tell you it's not a deal breaker. It's actually something I'm getting accustomed to.
    07-14-18 08:10 PM
    Spacebar clicking is very minimal. Fingerprint ID works solid. All the other positives of the phone makes it a winner + definite upgrade over K1.
    07-15-18 12:05 AM
    I've noticed that my k2 spacebar has become a bit less wobbly over time. It still makes a slightly different noise but people I have handed it to do not notice it. The keyboard backlight being orange and not bright is a bummer though. Definitely not a deal-breaker though. I am very happy and will not be returning or exchanging it.
    07-15-18 03:15 PM
    I have had my Telus Key² for over a week now and love it. However, it's the black variant and I couldn't resist the silver, ordered it from Cendirect.com. It arrived Friday AM and looks beautiful. I will take my time setting it up before switching over, leaving the Telus black as a backup device.
    YDShine likes this.
    07-15-18 03:31 PM
    So you bought 2 key2? Let me have your job!
    07-15-18 03:40 PM
    I have had my Telus Key² for over a week now and love it. However, it's the black variant and I couldn't resist the silver, ordered it from Cendirect.com. It arrived Friday AM and looks beautiful. I will take my time setting it up before switching over, leaving the Telus black as a backup device.
    YDShine likes this.
    07-15-18 03:41 PM
    After a week of use I have only one bigger and one smaller complaint. The bigger complaint is about the camera. Especially front facing camera is really not so great. I could live with the ones in the back. I was using Pixel 2XL for few months and I'm struggling to accept KEY2 in that area. And my second and smaller complaint is about the screen. I'm really fine about the screen size and all that but it should have been a quality bump from KEYone. Every other phone in that price range is having screen with higher quality. Not as big as issue for me as the underwhelming camera but still a small one. Otherwise I really do love this phone. I was very afraid of the hiccups and slowdowns and after a week of use I haven't noticed any. And I'm that kind of user who really likes to multitask. Heavily. I switch between apps, opening new ones etc every time I'm using my device and I was afraid a bit, coming from the Pixel 2XL, instead this is the area where everything is very good. Not to mention the keyboard. It's very good if not the best. Battery is solid, in general the same experience as with KEYone, all day of heavy use and then it's done.
    07-15-18 06:46 PM
    I don't know many who would want my job. I love the 5 regular days a week I work, but not the every second night, weekend and holidays on top of it. I have to spoil myself in to stay sane. At least that's what I tell my wife.
    07-15-18 09:41 PM
279 123 ...