Happy to report I just stopped by the pop up shop and the phone looks and feels great! I handled both and still can't make up my mind on which color to get though. I briefly spoke to Kevin who's much taller in person and he said this go around he's going with the silver variant. Silver definitely shows off the design better but the matte finish on the black looks amazing! I offered a few hundred dollar bills but no one coughed up an availability date round these parts!
    06-08-18 05:48 PM
    I'm also still undecided between the silver or black.. Thanks for the info. Did you type on the key2.. How's the experience compared to keyone
    06-08-18 05:51 PM
    Happy to report I just stopped by the pop up shop and the phone looks and feels great! I handled both and still can't make up my mind on which color to get though. I briefly spoke to Kevin who's much taller in person and he said this go around he's going with the silver variant. Silver definitely shows off the design better but the matte finish on the black looks amazing! I offered a few hundred dollar bills but no one coughed up an availability date round these parts!
    How was the crowed? Full? How many devices on sale? Any news on which variants on 128gb...Black or Silver?
    Thanks
    06-08-18 05:56 PM
    Silver 64GB only, black 64 and 128 supposedly priced for extra 100
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-08-18 06:15 PM
    Silver 64GB only, black 64 and 128 supposedly priced for extra 100
    Yes that is exactly what you can see in the german preorder page of MediaMarkt : https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product...z-2438423.html

64GB silver/black
    128GB Black the dualSIM/SIM&SD : extra 50€
    Rico4you likes this.
    06-08-18 06:47 PM
    I will get 64gb silver and use SD card to expand the storage.
    06-08-18 06:48 PM
    No date on dual Sim version availability in the US. Basically a "no"
    06-08-18 06:59 PM
    Did you make some pics? Maybe post them here...
    06-08-18 07:17 PM
    also stopped in, lots of phones in stupid security systems but they did have a few bare and naked that felt great I the hand. Keyboard feels great, black looks nicest to me.

Speed feels much snappier but none of the apps were configured and they were not ladden with apps. I would have bought one on the spot to upgrade from my K1 if they were selling them.

The 1 mil thinner is noticeable, the 1/2 Oz or less lighter... not so much, refined forehead looks MUCH better.
    tommichael88 likes this.
    06-08-18 09:00 PM
    Did you make some pics? Maybe post them here...
    http://imgur.com/a/afqKeVf

Here you go
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    06-08-18 09:11 PM
    Anyone test the speaker?
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-08-18 09:23 PM
    Here you go
    Attached Thumbnails NYC Pop Up-silver.jpg   NYC Pop Up-black.jpg   NYC Pop Up-classic.jpg  
    06-08-18 09:37 PM
    Those pic make the KEY2 look smaller in size.
    06-08-18 09:57 PM
    I still don't understand this concept or having a pop up showroom but nothing to sell.

You need to strike when the timing is hot, offer some incentives to the launch crowd and get the devices moving. Your already paying the expenses associated with it so why not get the revenue?

It's not like these devices haven't manufactured or anything.

Sometimes people in sales just don't know what they are doing. I hope this launch goes much smoother than the previous one and that everybody who wants a K2 will get it when they want it. No more sellouts and wasted time. People getting angry and trashing the brand they love and are loyal too.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft and herr_tan like this.
    06-08-18 10:22 PM
    Yes that is exactly what you can see in the german preorder page of MediaMarkt : https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product...z-2438423.html

64GB silver/black
    128GB Black the dualSIM/SIM&SD : extra 50€
    Nice! Will call my German friend! dual SIM is awesome and extra 64gb for €50 more! although would have liked in Silver...
    06-09-18 05:23 AM
    I still don't understand this concept or having a pop up showroom but nothing to sell.

You need to strike when the timing is hot, offer some incentives to the launch crowd and get the devices moving. Your already paying the expenses associated with it so why not get the revenue?

Sometimes people in sales just don't know what they are doing. I hope this launch goes much smoother than the previous one and that everybody who wants a K2 will get it when they want it. No more sellouts and wasted time. People getting angry and trashing the brand they love and are loyal too.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you
    06-09-18 05:56 AM
    I would have bought on the spot and was prepared to do so but no dice,bad decision on BB to not do it though. 5 people won phones though.
    06-09-18 10:38 AM
    I would have bought on the spot and was prepared to do so but no dice,bad decision on BB to not do it though. 5 people won phones though.
    They made a Pop-up Showroom ...not Store. Only they know why... kinda strange move.
    06-09-18 06:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wish I could hire you! That's the required attitude when it come to generating revenue, the single most important activity in any business.
    06-09-18 06:58 PM
    I thought they said you can pre-order it at the pop-up but all you can do is register which wasn't a huge deal, I was super excited to see the device in person and the staff were really nice, attentive and fun.

My guess is to build anticipation for the device and introduce them to the general public and also "non-loyalists."

Unfortunately, and it's NO knock on the fantastic job TCL/BlackBerry did on the event but the team probably should've had been a tad more familiar with the devices. A few BlackBerry 10 loyalists were stopping in and browsing the devices with some somewhat basic questions that didn't seem to really be included in the staff's training (ie is the indicator notification light multi-colored and other minor stuff like that, which to some is an important part of their buying decision). I, being a fanboy, of course tried to help out when a couple of the staffers weren't too sure on the rgb light question someone had.

Some other minor points: I'd suggest maybe having the devices not constantly reverting to the demo screen as it interrupted me a lot while just sampling the phone (which may frustrate non-Android Berry users but not me entirely) and perhaps a staffer dedicated (preferably a fanboy/loyalist) to demoing the device or showing interested buyers the awesome things it has to offer (although basic to many of us now whom have left BlackBerry OS or other smartphones). I LOVE BB10 and always have as much as the next guy but it's literally night and day to what the Key2 can do now with Android....Maybe show the diehard non-converts WHAT they are missing out on now; it will help the non-Android Berry users (whom many are very loyal but jaded, and understandably so.)
    Last edited by tommichael88; 06-09-18 at 08:08 PM.
    06-09-18 07:51 PM
    Went back today, here's a few more pics. The Blackberry representative today told me those who went to the pop up and signed up should get a coupon code emailed to them. I'll believe that when I see it pop up in my inbox since they didn't them out last year like they were supposed to.
    Attached Thumbnails NYC Pop Up-img_20180609_1745127.jpg   NYC Pop Up-img_20180609_1745343.jpg   NYC Pop Up-img_20180609_1833236.jpg  
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-09-18 07:57 PM
    I'm just jealous of that sweet Bayley pic.
    megafan2000 and DWonder like this.
    06-09-18 11:12 PM
    I'm just jealous of that sweet Bayley pic.
    06-10-18 01:55 AM
    it looks great, but, as mentioned, they need to make it available to buy. having it to buy immediately wouldn't have harmed the marketing campaign or sales of course.
    Here in Spain, in our tiny BBM fans group, we've been looking at how to buy it. Media markt don't seem interested in Spain, so for compatible keyboard reasons, the only option is the UK: Clove, CPW and Selfridges, due to arrive from the 25th or 26th, but not in 128gb format. At least we won't have to wait months this time round.
    06-10-18 04:57 AM
    Anyone test the speaker?
    Yes, I want to know this too. K1 speaker (mono) is anemic compared to the stereo speakers on Passport.
    06-10-18 05:41 AM
26 12