I know I keep going on about the notification system but it's what keeps the busy world at bay for me and only lets the important stuff distract me.

I've got certain contacts set to Yellow on the LED; others set to white. But white and yellow are virtually indistinguishable from each other, in fact you only know its yellow if you watch it fade right out, and just before it winks out, there is finally some tint of pale pale greeny yellow.
    Is this a build issue for my particular Key 2? Or is it a software thing where they haven't PWM'd the red and green die's properly? And if software, can it be fixed? Any one else see this?

Man, this used to be a real deep amber!
    For me, apart from the keyboard, this is a BB core feature that I will not give up on and neither should BB. Anybody remember what Obama said about his BB? I don't think BB marketing even noticed it. (shakes head at incompetence).
    10-06-19 03:50 PM
    Notification lights are being deprecated by Android as a whole, as we now have several alternative methods for notifications, including always-on screens (generally with OLED screens) and things like smartwatches. The number of people who use and rely on notification LEDs is too small for Google to continue to support for Android generally, meaning it would be up to TCL to continue designing LEDs into new hardware and BBMo to re-add code back to Android to keep all of this functional - which means a ton more coding and testing and working with third-party app developers, all of which adds expense.

And the truth is, it's doubtful that there will even be another BBMo device at this point, so it's probably moot anyway.
    10-06-19 09:20 PM
    Notification lights are being deprecated by Android as a whole, as we now have several alternative methods for notifications
    Although just a rumour now, maybe Apple will make notification lights a thing and android will follow https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...-light-patent/
    10-06-19 09:34 PM
    The number of people who use and rely on notification LEDs is too small for Google to continue to support for Android generally, meaning it would be up to TCL to continue designing LEDs into new hardware and BBMo to re-add code back to Android to keep all of this functional - which means a ton more coding and testing and working with third-party app developers, all of which adds expense.
    Exaggerating a bit?

Implementing a LED notification light which has been an existing tech for a long long time does not cost "tons".

And how the hell do you know how many "rely" on the LED? Or AOD?
    10-06-19 09:40 PM
    Exaggerating a bit?
    Nope.

Implementing a LED notification light which has been an existing tech for a long long time does not cost "tons".
    It's having to re-implement functionality that was removed, and having to implement all of the different ways to activate it and which colors and patterns and so forth. And then RE-integrating that with every major release, because stock Android will be released without it. That's a whole lot of extra testing.

And how the hell do you know how many "rely" on the LED? Or AOD?
    Google does these things called "user studies" where people are asked about various features and how important they are. If they interview 5000 people and only a couple rank a notification light as important, then they figure it's not important enough to continue development. Given that Google announced the deprecation of notification light support a year ago, clearly they did such studies and decided there weren't enough users who cared about it. You'll have to take it up with Google - I wasn't involved in the process.

But, again, it's all likely to be a moot point, given the BB/TCL situation.
    10-07-19 01:52 AM
    I feel your pain. I rely massively on my LED notification light.
    10-07-19 01:14 PM
    I feel your pain. I rely massively on my LED notification light.
    I do as well. I use the different colour functionality too, but have not used yellow for anything, so I have not noticed the actual colour.
    10-08-19 03:22 PM
    I left the fold for a while and had some success with the LED Notification PRO app on an S10 using the colored dots on the always-on display. But came back for a host of reasons.
    But I'm finding the droidberry LED system flakey. I have some contacts set to override the Do Not Disturb. Sometimes their blink shows up,sometimes it doesn't - defeating the whole purpose of the system. I'm going to go and try that third party app again (I paid for it and then gave it up when I returned the Samsung so I might as well)
    I always wonder what would have happened if some at BB hadn't been so distracted with sports teams where we would be right now.
    As for test groups - often people don't know whats good for them. Jobs famously said that he didn't care what people wanted in a product. He would tell them what they needed. Without vision its the tail wagging the dog.
    Someone else said that the general public should not be given the vote because they don't know whats good for them.
    I think I can rest my case here.
    10-09-19 04:51 PM
    I finally found a solution for the notification and LED system.
    At bottom of thread here:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13454239
    10-13-19 11:41 PM