I'm having an issue with 'notification dots.'. Since yesterday, my Key2 no longer displays notification Dots for anything. Not for new messages, updated apps, not for anything. I've tried everything. Tried restarting the phone, turned on and off the option in settings under 'notification' etc. Anyone else having this issue?
    12-16-18 04:02 AM
    I think I am having the same issue. I notice that the "dot" will flash briefly in the tray, for less than a second, and the phone will vibrate once, but then nothing shows and I don't have any notifications either. I just got this phone yesterday (coming from a Key1) and I suspect I set something up incorrectly. I get a little envelope for new mails, but nothing else for the most part.
    12-16-18 08:38 AM
    Didi you both tried restart?
    12-16-18 09:05 AM
    @tmommy make sure BlackBerry Launcher has notification access enabled.
    12-16-18 10:03 AM
    @tmommy make sure BlackBerry Launcher has notification access enabled.
    I will do that. I noticed that the dot that flashes and disappears is connected to the CrackBerry app. It seems to be telling me that the app is running. I will have time to play with this a bit later today! Thanks very much.
    12-16-18 10:21 AM
    I will do that. I noticed that the dot that flashes and disappears is connected to the CrackBerry app. It seems to be telling me that the app is running. I will have time to play with this a bit later today! Thanks very much.
    Hard Reset will fix it, did mine anyways. Good luck.
    12-16-18 10:50 AM
    Hard Reset will fix it, did mine anyways. Good luck.
    Hard reset seemed to help. I also noticed in Settings>Apps & Notifications > Notifications there is something called "Categorized Notifications" which seems to allow notifications to show on the lockscreen. Many of the apps I would like notifications from seemed to be "off" under that setting. So I turned those on and we will see what happens.
    mhw100 likes this.
    12-16-18 11:34 AM