I just got past the set up screen of a key2.

I put in my gmail in the set up screen. My gmail is an email I do not use. It is the only thing I have set up on the phone, not 10 seconds into this, I get a birthday alert, that someone birthday is tomorrow. WHERE is it getting this info from? I havent set up my outlook which is what carries all my real information/calendar/emails etc.

WHAT is feeding it this info?

And also I dont even want gmail showing email alerts or in my hub. Where do I turn that off?
    11-17-18 01:41 AM
    You may have birthdays set up for the contacts.
    The calender will show Contact birthdays if you've enabled it as "Birthdays"
    11-17-18 01:59 AM
    You may have birthdays set up for the contacts.
    The calender will show Contact birthdays if you've enabled it as "Birthdays"
    But I dont use my gmail for anything, how would it have my contacts?

Where would I find this on the phone? or gmail web interface?
    11-17-18 05:47 PM
    But I dont use my gmail for anything, how would it have my contacts?

Where would I find this on the phone? or gmail web interface?
    In your post you said you did set up your "Gmail". This means if you had in the past created contacts and synced them with Gmail, then they have your contact details.

Don't worry that's a very common thing we all did, even when we had BlackBerry 10 or BBOS.

In Android world, if you create a contact, you can choose which account is it going to sync with. I believe that's what you may have done or it was a default choice in your previous phone(s). You can open Contacts app on your phone and from the left menu ( click on the top left three lines), you can choose from certain accounts. This will show all contacts you have on Gmail.

Moreover after you open a specific contact, you can see if you had added Birthday to the contact.
    11-17-18 06:05 PM
    In your post you said you did set up your "Gmail". This means if you had in the past created contacts and synced them with Gmail, then they have your contact details.

Don't worry that's a very common thing we all did, even when we had BlackBerry 10 or BBOS.

In Android world, if you create a contact, you can choose which account is it going to sync with. I believe that's what you may have done or it was a default choice in your previous phone(s). You can open Contacts app on your phone and from the left menu ( click on the top left three lines), you can choose from certain accounts. This will show all contacts you have on Gmail.

Moreover after you open a specific contact, you can see if you had added Birthday to the contact.
    wow, you are right, i opened up contacts and my "not in use" gmail account has 414 contacts... i have no idea where they came from since I use outlook.com for everything.

since android makes you enter a google account i just used this random gmail i have.... im not sure if thats the best choice or if i should make my hotmail a google account.

does this mean that the contacts in my gmail are synced to the ones in my hotmail?
    11-17-18 06:11 PM
    wow, you are right, i opened up contacts and my "not in use" gmail account has 414 contacts... i have no idea where they came from since I use outlook.com for everything.

since android makes you enter a google account i just used this random gmail i have.... im not sure if thats the best choice or if i should make my hotmail a google account.

does this mean that the contacts in my gmail are synced to the ones in my hotmail?
    Your Gmail or Outlook contacts are not synced with one another unless you have your Gmail to synch with Outlook internally.

If you've got Outlook contacts shown there too, then you can safely remove the Gmail ones, if you don't want to keep anything on the Google side.

I use Gmail as my main service, so for me it has everything I need and want. When setting up other services, I specifically deselect Contact / Calendar synching from other accounts.
    11-17-18 06:15 PM