I have owned almost every blackberry phones since 2005 starting with BlackBerry pearl, and also have owned literally every galaxy note series except last 2 generation (7 for battery issue, and skipped 8 as well to be safer side)

Now I'm rocking on BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a daily driver and samsung galaxy s8+ as a back up(media consumption or weekend casual uses ).

I love keyboard so much and thats why I have purchased almost every blackberry for that reason, but I don't think I can not live without it at this point especially s8+ or note's big on screen keyboard.

I also have to disable hub for smoother experience with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (did not have to do so with a BlackBerry os though..), and this makes it even more difficult for me to choose key2 over note 9.

Both are coming out at similar time and both are quite awesome productive tools. For some of you guys like me, who loves physical keyboard but ok without it, which one would be the better choice for a daily driver? I dun want to have two phones anymore...

The superiority of camera quality and ram management in s8+ really put my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (4gb ram version) on shame, but then I get slightly better typing experience and much superior battery life with my keyone.

Will key2's spec be compatible to the one with new note9? If note9's camera and performance overwhelm key2 this time again just like note8 did on keyone, I will probably go for note 9 this time. If key2 can do 80-90% of note9, I will get keytwo.

My personal feedback for both KEYᵒⁿᵉ and s8+ experience, KEYᵒⁿᵉs camera performance is about 70% of s8+, and performance (ram management) is 50% of s8+. Of course s8+'s battery life is only 50% of keyone.
    05-28-18 11:01 AM
    I want a daily driver to bring me easily thru one day with no fear of weak battery. thru the day I want to read and write. and take good decent pictures. therefore I choose key2. if I would mainly watch videos thru the day and write or read little, the note9 would be my favourite. so in my opinion it depends on what you are mostly doing thru the day and how many hours your screen must be "on". furthermore I think the blackberry will be easier to hold and you don't have to fear dropping it on the floor
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-28-18 11:16 AM
    by the way I expect the note 9 to be 300 euros more expensive. written all on my beloved key one black Edition
    05-28-18 11:19 AM
    I have a Note 8 along with a KEYone (well, three actually! Silver, Black and Bronze!) and the Note 8 hardly ever sees the light of day. The stylus was a fun novelty at first but got old and never leaves its chamber. I loaded up the BB productivity suite as well but cannot deal with all of Samsung's bloatware.

For me, the only advantage that the Note 8 has over my KEYone is the waterproofing. That's why I'm currently on the hunt for a dual sim Motion!
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-28-18 11:47 AM
    I have a Note 8 along with a KEYone (well, three actually! Silver, Black and Bronze!) and the Note 8 hardly ever sees the light of day. The stylus was a fun novelty at first but got old and never leaves its chamber. I loaded up the BB productivity suite as well but cannot deal with all of Samsung's bloatware.

For me, the only advantage that the Note 8 has over my KEYone is the waterproofing. That's why I'm currently on the hunt for a dual sim Motion!
    I also have the Note8 and aside from the beautiful screen and great camera, it's terrible when it comes to productivity. The OS is really, really bad. Samsung's software is horrible and illogical. So many things don't make any sense at all--like the LED notification doesn't come on if the screen is on causing me to miss so many notifications when I'm using the device, receiving a SMS will turn on the screen and reveal whatever screen I was previously on, no way to lock the phone on demand (it either always locks when I press the lock button or you have to wait for the timer to lock the phone--there's no lock icon on the home screen like on the BlackBerry launcher), the Wi-Fi drops all the time, and I can go on and on. Needless to say, it'll be my last Samsung device. I find for my own use, BlackBerry products make more sense and are more productive.
    05-28-18 02:30 PM
    Unless you need to sign more documents than type words, I'd go for the KEY2 over the Note 9.
    05-28-18 03:23 PM
    A physical keyboard is far more productive than a stylus.
    05-28-18 03:34 PM
    A physical keyboard is far more productive than a stylus.
    I know lol its almost impossible that someone needs to use a stylus for productive purposes more than a keyboard.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    05-28-18 03:43 PM
    I know lol its almost impossible that someone needs to use a stylus for productive purposes more than a keyboard.
    I very much agree. The only time a stylus makes sense is for note-taking and drawing, but for that a bigger screen (like a laptop screen) is more ideal. So yeah, a stylus is not so great, I agree with you.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    05-28-18 03:53 PM
    I also have the Note8 and aside from the beautiful screen and great camera, it's terrible when it comes to productivity. The OS is really, really bad. Samsung's software is horrible and illogical. So many things don't make any sense at all--like the LED notification doesn't come on if the screen is on causing me to miss so many notifications when I'm using the device, receiving a SMS will turn on the screen and reveal whatever screen I was previously on, no way to lock the phone on demand (it either always locks when I press the lock button or you have to wait for the timer to lock the phone--there's no lock icon on the home screen like on the BlackBerry launcher), the Wi-Fi drops all the time, and I can go on and on. Needless to say, it'll be my last Samsung device. I find for my own use, BlackBerry products make more sense and are more productive.
    You're doing it wrong. Everything can be done what you say is not happening. Use settings more than a cursory glance and you'll get what you want.
    05-28-18 11:50 PM
    I have owned almost every blackberry phones since 2005 starting with BlackBerry pearl, and also have owned literally every galaxy note series except last 2 generation (7 for battery issue, and skipped 8 as well to be safer side)

Now I'm rocking on BlackBerry KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a daily driver and samsung galaxy s8+ as a back up(media consumption or weekend casual uses ).

I love keyboard so much and thats why I have purchased almost every blackberry for that reason, but I don't think I can not live without it at this point especially s8+ or note's big on screen keyboard.

I also have to disable hub for smoother experience with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (did not have to do so with a BlackBerry os though..), and this makes it even more difficult for me to choose key2 over note 9.

Both are coming out at similar time and both are quite awesome productive tools. For some of you guys like me, who loves physical keyboard but ok without it, which one would be the better choice for a daily driver? I dun want to have two phones anymore...

The superiority of camera quality and ram management in s8+ really put my KEYᵒⁿᵉ (4gb ram version) on shame, but then I get slightly better typing experience and much superior battery life with my keyone.

Will key2's spec be compatible to the one with new note9? If note9's camera and performance overwhelm key2 this time again just like note8 did on keyone, I will probably go for note 9 this time. If key2 can do 80-90% of note9, I will get keytwo.

My personal feedback for both KEYᵒⁿᵉ and s8+ experience, KEYᵒⁿᵉs camera performance is about 70% of s8+, and performance (ram management) is 50% of s8+. Of course s8+'s battery life is only 50% of keyone.
    PKB gives me speed and accuracy . I have no reason to go for a VKB device . Recently in one of the posts by @Bla1ze he had posted some stunning pictures taken from KeyTwo rear cam. The picture quality was so very good that you wont believe it is from a Blackberry device .
    05-29-18 02:43 AM
    I don't get why you would have to do this. For me the hub is a key feature, almost as much as having a PKB.
    05-29-18 06:30 AM
    If you are deciding on a device for true productivity you can't decide against the KEY². You use your Samsung device right now for media consumption correct? That's not a productive feature, that's fun or take a break from the day feature.

I occasionally watch YouTube and am always streaming music with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and having the ability to blast off work emails and texts with ease is awesome.

I use the hub everyday, love having all my emails in a single location. I removed all other notifications from the hub so it's strictly for my email accounts. The search functionality along with the ability to sync my work emails for months back is great.

Good luck with your decision but honestly you shouldn't even be thinking of a slab device if productivity is in mind.
    05-29-18 06:41 AM
    The Samsung Note 8 is for real productivity.
    I use Samsung Dex at work and Sidesync at home.
    But you have to install the Blackberry software on the device to get the full benefit.
    I'm a cradle user who works with normal size keyboards (btw shortcuts work this way to)
    sometimes i even use split screen i never did that on the KeyOne (to small)
    Love the pen for quick notes.

No more bad reception, bluetooth audio.
    You dont buy a Blackberry Keyone but a TCL Keyone, and its a phone with great Blackberry software.
    Nothing more nothing less...
    05-29-18 07:25 AM
    who you foolin' you know you're gonna get both
    05-29-18 11:54 AM
    You're doing it wrong. Everything can be done what you say is not happening. Use settings more than a cursory glance and you'll get what you want.
    Humour me and provide solutions to each issue I point out.
    05-29-18 01:47 PM
    Justy two cents...

I have the S8+.. Now it's only my tablet Ersatz as it was too big and WAY too easy to drop. It is the perfect example of design over function. The glass back is so smooth that I will slide off any surface. Once even the weight of my charging cable managed to pull it off the night table
    05-29-18 02:52 PM
    Here in the US, factory unlocked S9 is like $599. It's too expensive for a phone without PKB imo.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13197048
    05-29-18 03:06 PM
    Oh it's on sale.
    05-29-18 03:07 PM
    Here in the US, factory unlocked S9 is like $599. It's too expensive for a phone without PKB imo.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU13197064
    Here in the US... most people don't buy factory unlocked.

They'd go to their Carrier and get some sorta of "deal". BOGO, or 50% off with trade in. Or if they are on a budget they might buy a cheap factory unlocked phone from Amazon.... why most their top sellers are under $200.

IMHO any price would be too expensive if I had to deal with a smaller screen and the keyboard again.

But I get there are some that like it and feel that they need it.... it's great you have that option, too bad you have to pay such a premium to get it.
    05-29-18 03:27 PM
    Here in the US... most people don't buy factory unlocked.

They'd go to their Carrier and get some sorta of "deal". BOGO, or 50% off with trade in. Or if they are on a budget they might buy a cheap factory unlocked phone from Amazon.... why most their top sellers are under $200.

IMHO any price would be too expensive if I had to deal with a smaller screen and the keyboard again.

But I get there are some that like it and feel that they need it.... it's great you have that option, too bad you have to pay such a premium to get it.
    Even if you get a nice deal, if you're really doubting whether to get device A or B (like in this thread) instead of buying a device on the spot, then you still have to take into account what the phone is worth and what you're getting for that price. So the fact that the Note 9 is worth at least $599 is good to know.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    05-29-18 03:51 PM
    Btw, OP, I asked BlackBerry Assistant and there's no beating these answers:

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    brian4591 likes this.
    05-29-18 05:26 PM
    the only productivity advantage the note has is split screen. thats about it lol
    05-29-18 11:33 PM
    the only productivity advantage the note has is split screen. thats about it lol
    KEYone has it too, it's just... a smaller screen lol
    05-30-18 01:28 AM
    KEYone has it too, it's just... a smaller screen lol
    Thats what I implied.
    05-30-18 02:25 AM
37 12