I've had the Samsung note 8 for a few months now and I find it pretty productive and intuitive with its own samsung skin overlay. A pivot to the left screen opens up Bixby with weather an news an calender info at a glance. It also has shortcuts at the edge of screen which is very useful.

It's Main selling feature is the note stylus which I find myself not using as much as I thought when I bought it. It's great for note taking and Its handy whenever need to note down expenses or supplies needed from work .

With the new keytwo soon to be released I'm curious as to which one would be more practical and productive, multitasking is lovely on the note 8 big screen in dual window la mode, as well as the at a glance feature.

I've seen the impressive keytwo keyboard that also looks promising with its multitasking shortcuts. Anything aside from that you can think of that would make it superior to the note 8 for its unique features.

Stylus vs keyboard?

Thoughts?
    06-22-18 04:26 PM
    I've had the Samsung note 8 for a few months now and I find it pretty productive and intuitive with its own samsung skin overlay. A pivot to the left screen opens up Bixby with weather an news an calender info at a glance. It also has shortcuts at the edge of screen which is very useful.

It's Main selling feature is the note stylus which I find myself not using as much as I thought when I bought it. It's great for note taking and Its handy whenever need to note down expenses or supplies needed from work .

With the new keytwo soon to be released I'm curious as to which one would be more practical and productive, multitasking is lovely on the note 8 big screen in dual window la mode, as well as the at a glance feature.

I've seen the impressive keytwo keyboard that also looks promising with its multitasking shortcuts. Anything aside from that you can think of that would make it superior to the note 8 for its unique features.

Stylus vs keyboard?

Thoughts?
    i may be biased because we are on a blackberry forum, but I have a galaxy S8 as well as a KEYone. For me, KEYone as a daily driver and S8 for games and low-light photography.

the finger sensor on the S8 is the WORST and very annoying to unlock the phone, while the finger sensor on the KEYone is super fast and accurate.

all the bloat that you can't uninstall on the S8 is pretty annoying as well and the fact that if i wanted to use google assistant to set a timer/alarm, it defaults to Samsung clock and not google clock.

I love double tap to wake on KEYone, but it doesn't work outside in daylight. The pressure sensitive home button to wake the S8 is a nice substitute but i prefer double tap.

a lot of small things but they make a big difference because how many times do you check and unlock your phone per day? making sure it's to your liking is a huge factor
    06-22-18 04:51 PM
    It is what you prefer. I have the Note 8 and Keyone. You can find lots of productivity apps for the Note8. But I find when making lists and plans, I prefer a hardware keyboard. so I'll probably use my Note8 for media and Key 2 for business.

I should also mention the Gemini PDA. This is the ultimate Android productivity device.
    06-22-18 05:02 PM
    My compromise is a Blackberry phone and a small 7" tablet for media consumption. Works well for me.
    Qorax and hplovecraft like this.
    06-22-18 05:38 PM
    It will all come down to the performance.
    I had been rocking Note 8 after I sold my KeyOne once Note 8 was released.

I also have the physical keyboard attachment that I seldom use for typing long emails and messages.

I do miss the KeyOne at times but due to the poor performance of the KeyOne with Mobile Iron and Google for Work, constant loading due to unoptimised software etc had made me still prefer Note 8.

The battery isn't that great but at least the fast charger works. The SPen is useful in many occasions. Sometimes you need text from screenshots works like a charm. It's a productivity powerhouse.

Saying that, I'm keeping a close eye on the KeyTwo and 90% sure that I'll be getting it. Hope the long term performance isn't bad and the CPU + RAM combo this time around is optimum at launch.
    djchrisluna and Tsepz_GP like this.
    06-22-18 05:53 PM
    you can still get the keyboard on the note 8 too fyi
    06-22-18 06:37 PM
    you can still get the keyboard on the note 8 too fyi
    But it wouldn't have the keyboard shortcuts and swipe features the keytwo has.
    06-22-18 09:47 PM
    Note 8 is niche phone with stylus. It’s not for everyone. Who uses stylus in 2018? Get key2 /thread
    06-23-18 04:53 AM
    Note 8 is niche phone with stylus. It’s not for everyone. Who uses stylus in 2018? Get key2 /thread
    I've seen more styluses than keyboards...
    helenonparr likes this.
    06-23-18 07:57 AM
    I bought the first Note because of the stylus. I thought I would use it a lot. Found it too thin making it clumsy to hold and my handwriting was crap. Never used it more than couple of time. Replaced it with the Passport and never looked back. Now the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and soon the Key²
    06-23-18 08:09 AM
    Only reason to get the key2 is the physical keyboard. I use the blackberry keyboard on my note 8 which in my opinion the top android today.
    06-23-18 08:17 AM
    I can't draw with a KEYone, KEY2, or any phone that isnt a Lg Stylo or Note series. So there's that.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-23-18 09:28 AM
    Samsung sells millions of Note8 devices, way more than Keyone.
    06-23-18 09:45 AM
    Samsung sells millions of Note8 devices, way more than Keyone.
    I think if BBMo market's it well, keeps stock on the shelves, it could "sell millions" of the K2 as well.

*Like Passport - K2 also has a similar 'wow factor', which Note doesn't.
    06-23-18 10:32 AM
    I think if BBMo market's it well, keeps stock on the shelves, it could "sell millions" of the K2 as well.

*Like Passport - K2 also has a similar 'wow factor', which Note doesn't.
    Nobody who has seen my KEYᵒⁿᵉ has ever said "Wow". At the most it was mild surprise that Blackberrys are still being made. As most Key² reviewers have said the Key² is a niche market phone. Hardly a millions of phones seller.
    06-23-18 10:52 AM
    Nobody who has seen my KEYᵒⁿᵉ has ever said "Wow". At the most it was mild surprise that Blackberrys are still being made. As most Key² reviewers have said the Key² is a niche market phone. Hardly a millions of phones seller.
    I own a Key One and Note 8.

Latest estimate is that Samsung have probably sold around 10 million Note 8s. I can't see the Key2 achieving this level of sales.

Look, these devices satisfy different Use Cases and the stylus uses some serious technology. No need to diss the Note8.
    06-23-18 11:05 AM
    I own a Key One and Note 8.

Latest estimate is that Samsung have probably sold around 10 million Note 8s. I can't see the Key2 achieving this level of sales.

Look, these devices satisfy different Use Cases and the stylus uses some serious technology. No need to diss the Note8.
    Where did I diss the Note 8? Where did I even mention that phone in my post you quoted?
    06-23-18 11:15 AM
    These are two different devices and can't be compared. The Note 8 is a performance powerhouse.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-24-18 01:45 AM
    These are two different devices and can't be compared. The Note 8 is a performance powerhouse.
    Just curious, in which applications or tasks do you experience a noticeable difference to a 660?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-18 03:55 AM
    Which probably needs to be topped up during the day due to the underwhelming 3300 mAh that needs to power an energy guzzling SD835 and a 6+ inch power hungry amoled screen.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-24-18 04:03 AM
    I was an early adopter of the Note line... owned Note 1 to Note 3. Loved it.

For me, however... My KeyOne fit my uses better.
    06-24-18 07:27 AM
    Was gonna say "are you kidding", but I had them both so I was obviously having the same doubts otherwise I would not have bought both. After having owned both and having used both, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind however. Note 8 wins only for watching Netflix etc. For messaging, convienence of use, durability, battery, pocketability, productivity, everything else, it's KeyOne hands down. (and probably Key2 as well)
    the_boon likes this.
    06-24-18 07:44 AM
    Was gonna say "are you kidding", but I had them both so I was obviously having the same doubts otherwise I would not have bought both. After having owned both and having used both, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind however. Note 8 wins only for watching Netflix etc. For messaging, convienence of use, durability, battery, pocketability, productivity, everything else, it's KeyOne hands down. (and probably Key2 as well)
    If a KEYsomething down the line brings OLED, IP rating and a stylus it would crush the hell out of any Note device, as far as potential for productivity goes.
    06-24-18 08:47 AM
    Which probably needs to be topped up during the day due to the underwhelming 3300 mAh that needs to power an energy guzzling SD835 and a 6+ inch power hungry amoled screen.
    Yup, but the way I use my devices the K1 needed a top up mid day as well so no difference to me in that sense.

I used the K1 as a daily driver for a whole month and for my needs it just can't keep up. Super laggy and bogged down when doing basic tasks like just scrolling through Facebook and having it load a feed after tapping on the notification. It was terrible so for me it doesn't even come close to the Note 8 in anyway. Not in productivity, messaging, emails, etc. It's not a power users device.

The K2 looks more promising and I'm hoping it can keep up and I know it still won't be as fast as the N8 or other flagship devices but I think this time around it'll at least won't bog down where I'd have to wait too long for apps to load. I really do miss the PKB I'm just waiting for the day they come out with a true flagship specd pkb device.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    06-24-18 08:49 AM
    Oh and before anyone tells me...yes, I've turned animations down, clear cache, etc, etc, etc. The K1 is great device for some people but not for all. Staying positive for the K2.
    06-24-18 09:09 AM
42 12