Yes! I just got my Key2 a few weeks ago and have been playing with the camera. The camera is better than the Passport, PRIV, and KeyOne. The portrait mode is amazing. With good lighting the regular pictures are excellent. I'm still experimenting with low light settings. None of the previous BlackBerry cameras were all that great in low light, lots of noise
    Thanks mate
    How would you rate camera of Passport and Key2 out of total 10?

Posted via CB10
    11-07-18 01:57 AM
    They say the Key2 LE is not heavy.
    Not only is it 24g lighter than the KEYone, but it feels more balanced in the hand as well.
    11-07-18 02:34 AM
    Thanks mate
    How would you rate camera of Passport and Key2 out of total 10?

Posted via CB10
    I loved the Passport camera, especially using the Camera++ app. I got some amazing pictures with it. I would rate the Passport camera an 8.

The Key2 camera takes very clear pictures & the color pallette is very pleasing & I would rate it 8.5 - 8.8. The Portrait mode is exceptional & those pictures have a very professional look to them.
    11-07-18 03:05 AM
    They say the Key2 LE is not heavy.
    It's not about weight, though. It's about weight distribution. I don't want to have to cradle the phone to prevent it tipping forward out of my hand(s) while typing. I would be happy with a heavier phone if the weight was disproportionately on the bottom to lower the balance point so that it was exactly at the level of the top row of the keyboard.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-07-18 07:54 AM
    It's not about weight, though. It's about weight distribution. I don't want to have to cradle the phone to prevent it tipping forward out of my hand(s) while typing. I would be happy with a heavier phone if the weight was disproportionately on the bottom to lower the balance point so that it was exactly at the level of the top row of the keyboard.

How can I test if the LE had good weight distribution?

So far I never got the feeling that it would tip over forward when typing
    11-07-18 08:04 AM
    I loved the Passport camera, especially using the Camera++ app. I got some amazing pictures with it. I would rate the Passport camera an 8.

The Key2 camera takes very clear pictures & the color pallette is very pleasing & I would rate it 8.5 - 8.8. The Portrait mode is exceptional & those pictures have a very professional look to them.
    Try taking a picture in less than optimal conditions and reconsider if you rate the camera 8.5-8.8. It's terrible.
    11-07-18 08:40 AM

You are correct. I meant to say that “they say the Key2 LE is not top heavy” . We would need some former KEYone users who are now LE users to chime in.
    11-07-18 08:44 AM
    You are correct. I meant to say that “they say the Key2 LE is not top heavy” . We would need some former KEYone users who are now LE users to chime in.
    I'm a former KEYone user and I now have a KEY2 and an LE, and they are both better balanced in the hand than the KEYone.

Between KEY2 and LE, not exactly sure who wins, but maybe I'll tip slightly towards the LE.

I've never used a more effortless device to type on than the LE since the BB7 days. Your hand doesn't get tired nearly as fast as on the clunkier KEYone.
    That plus the improved reception, vibrator motor and design makes it a superior device in my book.
    11-07-18 09:59 AM
    Try taking a picture in less than optimal conditions and reconsider if you rate the camera 8.5-8.8. It's terrible.
    My rating is based on good lighting. The Passport and all my previous cells phones were not that great in low lighting either. My regular digital camera likewise.

Under good lighting, the Key2 pictures are great, better than the Passport & KeyOne.

I still need to take more pictures in low light situations to see what I think. Hopefully that will get better with future updates
    11-07-18 01:34 PM
    How can I test if the LE had good weight distribution?

So far I never got the feeling that it would tip over forward when typing
    The only test is how it feels to each user.

11-07-18 01:35 PM
    The only test is how it feels to each user.

Ah .. one test result is better than none. I may start a thread to see if we can get a bit of a consensus. Not trying to change your mind as we both know that is not going to happen.
    11-07-18 05:23 PM
    Ah .. one test result is better than none. I may start a thread to see if we can get a bit of a consensus. Not trying to change your mind as we both know that is not going to happen.
    If you want to be objective about it, you could do the following:

-- Find the vertical balance point by using a round pencil.

-- Measure the distance from that point to the middle of the keyboard

-- Compare that measurement to 1/2 the distance between the user's thumb and forefinger when the hand is held relaxed with the thumb and forefinger open and the tips parallel to each other. (Assuming the phone is held with the fingers at a 45 degree angle.)

That won't exactly match how everyone balances their phone, but it provides a good baseline.
    11-07-18 05:35 PM
    My iPhone , Samsung and Z10 all have the center of gravity at about the middle of the device. They are neither top heavy nor bottom heavy.

I presume that designers aim for that level of neutral balance.

I do not imagine users hands have much to do with balance . They are an unknown.

An objective finding would be that the center if gravity is higher than the middle of the phone. An objective finding would be that the KEYone has a higher center of gravity than a Key2 LE.
    11-07-18 09:43 PM
    My iPhone , Samsung and Z10 all have the center of gravity at about the middle of the device. They are neither top heavy nor bottom heavy.

I presume that designers aim for that level of neutral balance.

I do not imagine users hands have much to do with balance . They are an unknown.

An objective finding would be that the center if gravity is higher than the middle of the phone. An objective finding would be that the KEYone has a higher center of gravity than a Key2 LE.
    Yes, the KEYone center of gravity is at the midpoint, and that's the problem. On larger devices, with one's index fingers under the midpoint, the thumbs are not naturally positioned on the center of the keyboard. So, users position their index finders BELOW the centerline while typing, which makes it top-heavy while typing. That's the issue for me on the KEYone.

11-08-18 03:31 PM
    Yes, the KEYone center of gravity is at the midpoint, and that's the problem. On larger devices, with one's index fingers under the midpoint, the thumbs are not naturally positioned on the center of the keyboard. So, users position their index finders BELOW the centerline while typing, which makes it top-heavy while typing. That's the issue for me on the KEYone.

Why not compensate by applying pressure from both index fingers, thereby negating any top heavy balance issues? Do you not use a heavy duty rubberized case? Those will help with the technique I just described.
    11-08-18 05:16 PM
    In addition to applying pressure towards the center of the phone with both index fingers, I also apply a slight pressure to the bottom of the device with both ring fingers. That technique definitely works for me to balance even the most top heavy of devices for optimal, endurance typing.
    11-08-18 05:21 PM
    Why not compensate by applying pressure from both index fingers, thereby negating any top heavy balance issues? Do you not use a heavy duty rubberized case? Those will help with the technique I just described.
    Obviously the phone is usable as is. But the whole point is to apply as little pressure or mechanical force as possible to reduce fatigue in conditions of heavy use.

I often spend 4-6 hours a day typing on my Z10. I want a phone to balance in my fingers with zero force applied while I type and only friction holding it in position. This was possible on all legacy BlackBerry devices up until the Passport and Priv. Now, the trend is towards large phones with keyboards crammed into the bottom 1/4 of the phone. That makes sense for people who spend most of their time using the screen, but it's suboptimal for people like me who spend 90% of their time typing.

11-08-18 05:22 PM
    Obviously the phone is usable as is. But the whole point is to apply as little pressure or mechanical force as possible to reduce fatigue in conditions of heavy use.

I often spend 4-6 hours a day typing on my Z10. I want a phone to balance in my fingers with zero force applied while I type and only friction holding it in position. This was possible on all legacy BlackBerry devices up until the Passport and Priv. Now, the trend is towards large phones with keyboards crammed into the bottom 1/4 of the phone. That makes sense for people who spend most of their time using the screen, but it's suboptimal for people like me who spend 90% of their time typing.

Have you tried glue, sir?
    arif b santoso likes this.
    11-08-18 05:24 PM

I see what you're saying. I'll have to see whether the KEY2/LE have better weight distribution (I'm inclined to say yes, but not sure by how much).

The KEYone did get a bit tiring after a lot of typing compared to the second gen KEY's, for me
    11-09-18 01:12 AM
    I see what you're saying. I'll have to see whether the KEY2/LE have better weight distribution (I'm inclined to say yes, but not sure by how much).

The KEYone did get a bit tiring after a lot of typing compared to the second gen KEY's, for me
    I agree that everything after the Bold series are not as good in the endurance department as these newer, larger phones. For a while, I tethered my Bold 9930 as my main typing device. That got old quick.
    11-09-18 01:19 AM
    I agree that everything after the Bold series are not as good in the endurance department
    I think every device suffers in the endurance department ever since materials shifted from plastic to heavy glass. At least when it comes to drops.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    11-09-18 03:42 AM
    I think every device suffers in the endurance department ever since materials shifted from plastic to heavy glass. At least when it comes to drops.
    I used to rant and rave on here back in 2010 about the people who wanted a smaller BB. I was like, are you freakin crazy? Bigger, not smaller.
    I just wish Samsung and BB or TCL or whomever, would get together and patent a snap-on authentic smile-shaped PKB for all android devices. I don't give a flying eff how much screen real estate a curved PKB takes up versus a straight one. Give me back the authentic curved PKB which made BlackBerry a legend. That's what people want. Not this crap they're using on the Key devices and the Priv, Passport etc
    11-09-18 06:10 AM
    I used to rant and rave on here back in 2010 about the people who wanted a smaller BB. I was like, are you freakin crazy? Bigger, not smaller.
    I just wish Samsung and BB or TCL or whomever, would get together and patent a snap-on authentic smile-shaped PKB for all android devices. I don't give a flying eff how much screen real estate a curved PKB takes up versus a straight one. Give me back the authentic curved PKB which made BlackBerry a legend. That's what people want. Not this crap they're using on the Key devices and the Priv, Passport etc

Yes, more PKB options are always nice to have, but this "crap" straight keyboard design is the only thing standing between you and tapping on a piece of glass. So I'd be glad they're still around.

Besides, TCL did NOT kill the curved design, BB Ltd did themselves starting with the Q10.

While I wouldn't mind it personally, asking for the curved keyboard back is about as likely as getting the optical trackpad back.
    11-09-18 07:38 AM
    The whole idea that the screen is more important than the keyboard is so central to the developer and media-centered ecosystems of iOS and Android that I don't think we'll ever see another phone optimized for typing.

I've decided that the only solution is for someone to license BlackBerry's Bold-era design and produce a retro device with the same non-glass screen, multi-day battery life and a feature set optimized for email, calendar, phone, contacts, tasks and notes. No freaking app stores, just a simple, practical communicator and organizer for $200-300 and a $9.00 a month wireless access fee paid directly to the company, the way that some lifestyle device services are paid for.

Such a device would become my constant companion, with a backup LTE tablet or laptop for times I wanted an app for a few minutes.

Just call it the BlackBerry Communicator and be done with it!

Last edited by bb10adopter111; 11-09-18 at 08:15 AM.
    Mamaluka and bbfanfan like this.
    11-09-18 07:49 AM
    Man, I couldn't have said it better.
    11-09-18 08:07 AM
109 12345