Pictures seem to show a raised notch on the [D] key. coming from the Passport, I fear that that may annoy me. How do people feel about it? Do you find it useful? Does it even exist?
    07-12-18 03:17 PM
    Well does it bother you on any other keyboard that you have ever used? There is always some kind of indicator for where you are on the keyboard and that is not limited to keyboards on cell phones.
    07-12-18 03:21 PM
    Pictures seem to show a raised notch on the [D] key. coming from the Passport, I fear that that may annoy me. How do people feel about it? Do you find it useful? Does it even exist?
    You mean dimple?

That's intentional. It's to emulate the centre of a dialpad.
    07-12-18 04:26 PM
    Lmao a notch?
    DWonder likes this.
    07-12-18 04:40 PM
    There are two things I can count on around here, never fail.

1) Someone will make a comment on earnings reports about how it's the wrong year when it's fiscal years.

2) Someone, at some point, will ask and sometimes complain about the dimple on their keyboard because they have never noticed it before even though it's standard across many keyboards.
    07-12-18 05:11 PM

1) Someone will make a comment on earnings reports about how it's the wrong year when it's fiscal years.

2) Someone, at some point, will ask and sometimes complain about the dimple on their keyboard because they have never noticed it before even though it's standard across many keyboards.
    Okay, buddy. It's bugged me forever on every keyboard I have ever used. For whatever reason, I have always wanted to press keys with 'dimples' at the same time with one finger on each hand.

I was pleasantly surprised to have it missing on the Passport.
    07-12-18 05:18 PM
    I was pleasantly surprised to have it missing on the Passport.
    You were pleasantly surprised to not have it there and I was just as surprised when I realized it didn't have one.
    07-12-18 05:19 PM
    You mean dimple?

That's intentional. It's to emulate the centre of a dialpad.
    That's clever. So it's easier to type numbers that way? A sort of hidden keyboard?
    07-12-18 05:21 PM
    That's clever. So it's easier to type numbers that way? A sort of hidden keyboard?
    Keypad, if you will. Basically you know where to put your finger when you're dialing a call.
    07-12-18 05:29 PM

The Macbook example isn't very good there... it's more akin to the dimple on the 5 on a PC keyboard keypad. And besides it's making my neck hurt looking at it.
    07-12-18 05:30 PM
    Keypad, if you will. Basically you know where to put your finger when you're dialing a call.
    You can press the letters to dial numbers when the dialpad is open? That's new.
    07-12-18 05:31 PM
    The Macbook example isn't very good there... it's more akin to the dimple on the 5 on a PC keyboard keypad. And besides it's making my neck hurt looking at it.
    Meh. Stop looking at it then. Easy fix.
    07-12-18 05:33 PM
    The bump on 5 on numeric keypads originated for blind people I believe. It's been so useful and internationally accepted that we continue to use it for convenience and practicality even for us blessed still blessed with our vision.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-12-18 06:25 PM
    Meh. Stop looking at it then. Easy fix.
    I'm of the opposite mentality...I always look for that little bump to make sure they DIDN'T forget it! ROTFL
    07-12-18 06:29 PM
    Yup. New like Like bbos 4
    (Always been like that on keyboard bbs. He passport being the exception because there's no fourth row for the 0)
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-12-18 08:02 PM
    Yup. New like Like bbos 4
    (Always been like that on keyboard bbs. He passport being the exception because there's no fourth row for the 0)
    Well there you go. I've never used any BlackBerry except for the black Passport and the Passport Silver Edition.
    07-12-18 08:38 PM
    Well there you go. I've never used any BlackBerry except for the black Passport and the Passport Silver Edition.
    Then you haven’t lived....
    07-12-18 09:12 PM
    Then you haven’t lived....
    As a Priv owner:

I LIVE, I DIE, I LIVE AGAIN.
    bqik and the_boon like this.
    07-13-18 12:08 PM
    It's a pimple, not a dimple
    07-13-18 02:13 PM
    The bump on 5 on numeric keypads originated for blind people I believe. It's been so useful and internationally accepted that we continue to use it for convenience and practicality even for us blessed still blessed with our vision.
    The "letter" keyboard has them on the F and J keys - the home keys on keyboards. I would not have expected to use the J key more than the F key but J is more worn and flatter.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-13-18 04:59 PM
    It is dependant upon the app you are using and that it is optimized for recognizing a physical keyboard. Works well on most and obviously the phone app, unless you are trying to call BEechwood 4-5789 !
    07-13-18 05:32 PM
    It's been on every blackberry that I remember. Didn't even realize that it wasn't on the passport
    07-13-18 05:40 PM
    How is this thread this long and how is this even a complaint? lol
    anon(2695703) and llwens like this.
    07-13-18 06:01 PM
    It's been on every blackberry that I remember. Didn't even realize that it wasn't on the passport
    No number keys on the passport. It's about the 5
    07-13-18 07:31 PM
    How is this thread this long and how is this even a complaint? lol
    Here's me and you adding to it. Maybe this will be the next 500K post thread. Anyone hear from the OP?
    07-13-18 07:33 PM
30 12