The other day it was rainy and I feel in the stairs with my Key2 in hands. The hardware itself suffered no real damage, but the silver painting on the bottom side of the phone is scratched and now appears black, a bit like that :
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...591-dfdfdf.jpg

I never owned an expensive phone before (before the key2, I've had my blackberry curve for 5 years) so I don't know much about such things.
    Is it possible to give it a paint job, like you'd do for a car ? Is it something you can do on your own, or do you pay someone to do it, how much ?

Really dumb question I guess but I have no clue, so, yeah...Thanks for you replies! Much love ♥
    01-05-19 05:35 PM
    Would be possible, but it will look off. If you had the black variant, you would've had more luck covering it up.
    Byrese likes this.
    01-05-19 05:48 PM
    The other day it was rainy and I feel in the stairs with my Key2 in hands. The hardware itself suffered no real damage, but the silver painting on the bottom side of the phone is scratched and now appears black, a bit like that :
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers...591-dfdfdf.jpg

I never owned an expensive phone before (before the key2, I've had my blackberry curve for 5 years) so I don't know much about such things.
    Is it possible to give it a paint job, like you'd do for a car ? Is it something you can do on your own, or do you pay someone to do it, how much ?

Really dumb question I guess but I have no clue, so, yeah...Thanks for you replies! Much love ♥
    There is a company out there called ColorWare (https://www.colorware.com/categories.aspx ) They used to make skins and colours for all sorts of devices including BlackBerry. It might not hurt to write to them and see what they'd suggest as they've been doing this sort of thing for years.. They might even have a sample of paint that might match, for example? (You never know until you ask).
    Byrese likes this.
    01-05-19 06:24 PM
    I would just get a case to hide it, or live with it.

Honestly it's not worth the money to try to repaint it, in my opinion.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    01-06-19 10:10 AM
    My silver key2 has similar scuffs causing the black plastic of the keyboard to show through, but they are very tiny so I was thinking about trying some auto touchup paint to cover them up.

When I bought the phone I thought the plastic would have been white, like the Passport SE, so scuffs are less noticeable.

On the next device, would be cool if they could color match the plastic used with the paint color. Guess the Black Key2 wouldn't have this issue.
    01-06-19 10:38 AM
    Guess the Black Key2 wouldn't have this issue.
    On the plastic keyboard cover, nope.
    But on the rest of the frame which is metal, the silver KEY2 wouldn't show scratches as much
    chetmanley likes this.
    01-06-19 01:51 PM
    On the plastic keyboard cover, nope.
    But on the rest of the frame which is metal, the silver KEY2 wouldn't show scratches as much
    Actually the black on my keys is starting to come off and they are white underneath. Noob question : is it possible to repaint the phone ?-1546962432632.jpeg
    01-08-19 10:47 AM
    Actually the black on my keys is starting to come off and they are white underneath. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1546962432632.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	442318
    Wow, do you type entire books every day?
    01-08-19 10:05 PM
    Wow, do you type entire books every day?
    Lol no that happened because of the flip case. It rubbed against the keys right there.
    01-09-19 06:53 AM