I think it's a 2-way street. It's really hard to say but if I had to guess, T-Mobile USA didn't "certify" ABA044 where wifi-calling was working out of the box. That leads me to believe a change made on the BBMO side caused the break in builds since then.
    If you're on T-Mo, and need WFC, try "New Digits". My motion gets full service on T-Mo, but I find Digits is more reliable than WFC.
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-27-19 08:59 AM
    VoLTE is provisioned in my Factory Unlocked BE 4/64 KEYone on AT&T postpaid account.
    I thought your KEYone was AT&T branded... I wasn't aware if it is that they were unlocked. I was always under the belief that AT&T branded BlackBerry devices were carrier locked.

Bob
    03-27-19 10:41 AM
    I thought your KEYone was AT&T branded... I wasn't aware if it is that they were unlocked. I was always under the belief that AT&T branded BlackBerry devices were carrier locked.

Bob
    My original is the AT&T Space Black 3/32 KEYone that I bought 15 months ago. I just purchased the Amazon Factory Unlocked Black Edition 4/64 KEYone last week.
    03-27-19 12:17 PM
    My original is the AT&T Space Black 3/32 KEYone that I bought 15 months ago. I just purchased the Amazon Factory Unlocked Black Edition 4/64 KEYone last week.
    Ahhhh.... Gotcha. And your new factory unlocked KEYone is getting VoLTE on AT&T... very interesting.

Bob
    03-27-19 05:24 PM
    Ahhhh.... Gotcha. And your new factory unlocked KEYone is getting VoLTE on AT&T... very interesting.

Bob
    I went into AT&T corporate store and explained that I needed replacement SIM for my AT&T KEYone but didn't have in my possession. I had powered off my AT&T KEYone before entering store. I then left and placed new SIM in the factory unlocked BE KEYone and did *#*# code from another thread and it showed VoLTE toggled on and enabled.

I'm not sure if AT&T system thinks it's carrier device or what... I'm not calling up to ask too many questions.
    03-27-19 06:05 PM
    I went into AT&T corporate store and explained that I needed replacement SIM for my AT&T KEYone but didn't have in my possession. I had powered off my AT&T KEYone before entering store. I then left and placed new SIM in the factory unlocked BE KEYone and did *#*# code from another thread and it showed VoLTE toggled on and enabled.

I'm not sure if AT&T system thinks it's carrier device or what... I'm not calling up to ask too many questions.
    Interesting... I'm surprised they gave you a replacement SIM without having your phone with you.

Why did you need a replacement SIM... wouldn't the one from your other KEYone work in the factory unlocked KEYone?

Bob
    03-27-19 06:27 PM
    Interesting... I'm surprised they gave you a replacement SIM without having your phone with you.

Bob
    I do this a lot for other lines on my account. Corporate stores never hassle me. That's without knowing me or my account. Usually it's just a $5 charge and with decent account, it gets waived about 1/2 time I do this.

With that being said, I don't have a great experience at the "authorized dealer" franchise locations.

I've learned to always get new SIM with each new device. It seems that SIM cards sometimes have corruption and other issues. Since I backup everything to cloud, I rely on new SIM card for any possible SIM updates. Even if total placebos, it can only hurt 500 pennies and the applicable sales tax.
    03-27-19 06:31 PM
    I do this a lot for other lines on my account. Corporate stores never hassle me. That's without knowing me or my account. Usually it's just a $5 charge and with decent account, it gets waived about 1/2 time I do this.

With that being said, I don't have a great experience at the "authorized dealer" franchise locations.

I've learned to always get new SIM with each new device. It seems that SIM cards sometimes have corruption and other issues. Since I backup everything to cloud, I rely on new SIM card for any possible SIM updates. Even if total placebos, it can only hurt 500 pennies and the applicable sales tax.
    I only deal with AT&T corporate stores... I am well aware of the difference with an Authorized Retailer. I get my SIM replaced from time to time as well. However I have never been charged for a replacement SIM or had a charged waived. I just go into my corporate store and ask to get a new SIM.

Bob
    03-27-19 06:59 PM
    I only deal with AT&T corporate stores... I am well aware of the difference with an Authorized Retailer. I get my SIM replaced from time to time as well. However I have never been charged for a replacement SIM or had a charged waived. I just go into my corporate store and ask to get a new SIM.

Bob
    Must be a Floriduh thing.
    03-27-19 07:47 PM
    If you're on T-Mo, and need WFC, try "New Digits". My motion gets full service on T-Mo, but I find Digits is more reliable than WFC.
    I can't figure out a consistent way for this to work. Do i need to be in airplane mode and turn off cellular data?
    03-28-19 10:46 AM
    Ok, just let me babble through what I know:

1. You have a T-mo account and you logged in?
    2. No, it should work with wifi on, should work with or without airplane mode.
    3. Do you have another device you can clone your main # to? If so, try to login. For some reason -- and it may just be me -- I find no-SIM devices work well. But I was unable to setup by Dtek50 because I got no cell service during setup -- so during setup punched "skip" on including SIM info. Then it went through. In other words if you are setting up for the first time, need cell reception,

That's all I know -- except if you email the tech team (email on Playstore) they are VERY responsive to issues.
    03-29-19 01:16 PM
    I have a Key2LE and Sim1 is my Verizon Sim. I also have a Key2 with the original build software on T-Mobile and wifi calling works fine. I took the T-Mobile sim out of the Key2 and installed it in my Key2LE as Sim2 and also installed digits on the phone. I have the Digits App set to use data only. Every time I try to make a call on Digits it asks me if I want to use sim 1 or sim 2. If I turn on airplane mode and then turn only wifi back on and try to make a call with digits I get the error message that I must turn off airplane mode to make a call. I can't figure out why I can't make a call over wifi with digits. Does anyone have this working or have any suggestions?
    06-28-19 05:06 PM
    I have a Key2LE and Sim1 is my Verizon Sim. I also have a Key2 with the original build software on T-Mobile and wifi calling works fine. I took the T-Mobile sim out of the Key2 and installed it in my Key2LE as Sim2 and also installed digits on the phone. I have the Digits App set to use data only. Every time I try to make a call on Digits it asks me if I want to use sim 1 or sim 2. If I turn on airplane mode and then turn only wifi back on and try to make a call with digits I get the error message that I must turn off airplane mode to make a call. I can't figure out why I can't make a call over wifi with digits. Does anyone have this working or have any suggestions?
    It's been sort of on and off depending on updates. At the moment I can call over WiFi with airplane mode enabled. Just tried it.
    06-28-19 05:32 PM
    It's been sort of on and off depending on updates. At the moment I can call over WiFi with airplane mode enabled. Just tried it.
    Do you have 2 sim cards installed?
    06-28-19 06:14 PM
    Do you have 2 sim cards installed?
    Mine is a 100-2. (NA) single SIM.
    06-28-19 07:06 PM
    Mine is a 100-2. (NA) single SIM.
    Who is you cell provider?
    06-28-19 07:32 PM
    T-Mobile.
    06-28-19 07:35 PM
    T-Mobile. Only they have Digits.
    06-28-19 07:37 PM
    T-Mobile. Only they have Digits.
    Yes, my primary Sim1 is Verizon and Sim2 is T-Mobile and I am trying to get Digits to work for Wifi calling on this device.
    06-28-19 08:13 PM
    Yes, my primary Sim1 is Verizon and Sim2 is T-Mobile and I am trying to get Digits to work for Wifi calling on this device.
    Will it Work if you pull the Verizon sim?
    06-28-19 08:43 PM
    But if I think it has to see distinct devises.
    06-28-19 08:47 PM
    I finally got it working. I uninstalled Digits, removed the Sim2 T-Mobile and then reinstalled digits. I re-activated the app and set it up to use data only with the Sim1 Verizon turned on. I could then make calls on Digits by wifi. Finally I put the SIM2 T-Mobile back in and setup the phone to use Sim1 Verizon for both data and messaging and ask me every time what Sim to use for voice calls. Now I can select Verizon or T-Mobile for outgoing calls, and when I used Digits I make wifi calls.
    06-28-19 09:52 PM
    Digits is super easy to use. Download the app, log into account, a text is sent to your device with a SIM, input code and you are off and running. I have Digits on my DTEK50, S9, and BE KeyOne. I receive all my texts on each device and can respond from or call on any over wifi. I move my SIM from time to time and find this app and capabilities most useful. DTEK50 and BE Key One are fully unlocked. S9 was purchased @ my T-Mobile store. Been extremely happy with T-Mobile.
    06-29-19 12:18 AM
    I even use it on my non-sim tablet. Text and make calls.
    06-29-19 08:18 AM
    Since the May update, the settings for WiFi calling and VoLTE have disappeared from the device
    08-17-19 02:15 PM
50 12