Finally got my Key2. A nice upgrade from the BE KeyOne.

I wonder whether I have a problem with my settings, however. I am able to use the Speed Key with long press keyboard shortcuts, but not with short press keyboard short cuts. When I press the Speed Key and a letter on the keyboard, nothing happens. I have to long press the key to get the long press shortcut.

Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers!
    10-23-19 05:07 PM
    Finally got my Key2. A nice upgrade from the BE KeyOne.

I wonder whether I have a problem with my settings, however. I am able to use the Speed Key with long press keyboard shortcuts, but not with short press keyboard short cuts. When I press the Speed Key and a letter on the keyboard, nothing happens. I have to long press the key to get the long press shortcut.

Is this normal? Has anyone else had this issue?

Cheers!
    Short presses work for me. Not sure what is happening to yours.
    10-23-19 05:13 PM
    Well, that sucks. I've had too many problems finding the right phone in recent months I really don't want to send this back.

I've tried every setting and just can't find anything. Guess I'll have to keep to long presses.
    10-23-19 05:46 PM
    Not sure if this changes anything, but it's the 100-6 model (Hong Kong).
    10-23-19 05:47 PM
    Well this is embarrassing. Can a mod please delete this? I figured out I was pressing the two buttons in too quick a succession. If I press the speed key, wait slightly and then press the other key, it works. Seems a little odd, but it works.

Sorry to waste your time - admin, please delete!
    10-23-19 05:51 PM
    Well, that sucks. I've had too many problems finding the right phone in recent months I really don't want to send this back.

I've tried every setting and just can't find anything. Guess I'll have to keep to long presses.
    Do short presses work without the speed key on the homescreen?
    10-23-19 05:52 PM
    Do short presses work without the speed key on the homescreen?
    Yes they do. It just seems that I was pressing the speed key and the shortcut key at the same time. I've realised if I press the speed key, wait ever so slightly, then the short press, it seems to work. Not every time but at least it works now. I guess it's just a quirk of the software or me being too hasty.
    10-23-19 05:53 PM
    Yes they do. It just seems that I was pressing the speed key and the shortcut key at the same time. I've realised if I press the speed key, wait ever so slightly, then the short press, it seems to work. Not every time but at least it works now. I guess it's just a quirk of the software or me being too hasty.
    Well, that's better I guess.
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    10-23-19 05:54 PM
    Sorry I don't know how to fix your Key2, the short press works fine on my LE.

But I was wondering where did you buy your Key2 from?
    10-24-19 07:13 AM
    Sorry I don't know how to fix your Key2, the short press works fine on my LE.

But I was wondering where did you buy your Key2 from?
    Based on your previous inquiries, you're in the US, in which case if you're looking for a KEY2 then GoTalk is the spot for you.

- https://crackberry.com/gotalk-adds-s...-device-lineup / http://bbmobile.me/haEY5M
    10-24-19 04:14 PM
    Well this is embarrassing. Can a mod please delete this? I figured out I was pressing the two buttons in too quick a succession. If I press the speed key, wait slightly and then press the other key, it works. Seems a little odd, but it works.

Sorry to waste your time - admin, please delete!
    Confirmed here.
    UK unlocked. I thought I had the same problem at first but your suggestion to hold the BlackBerry key for a little while before pressing a short button works fine
    11-02-19 04:27 PM