Swipe down on display to get notifications and setting, cool.
    Kraeutermann likes this.
    08-21-18 02:27 PM
    Please elaborate
    skinnymike1 and Kraeutermann like this.
    08-21-18 02:44 PM
    yeah I saw that in the changelog but don't see how it is different than before by swiping from top to bottom to get the notifications/settings unless I am missing something here
    08-21-18 03:15 PM
    yeah I saw that in the changelog but don't see how it is different than before by swiping from top to bottom to get the notifications/settings unless I am missing something here
    Now you can swipe anywhere on your screen that has space.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-21-18 03:17 PM
    BlackBerry Launcher update brings new swipe down to view notifications gesture https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...ations-gesture
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-21-18 03:27 PM
    A little bit at a time I guess. Still a far cry from what other launchers offer. There is some basic customization that should already be there.
    RK_BB and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-21-18 04:07 PM
    Oh nice, didnt realize I could update it manually
    08-21-18 05:02 PM
    Now you can swipe anywhere on your screen that has space.
    ahh gotcha, neat
    08-21-18 06:47 PM
    My homescreens are pretty full so it doesn't really help me, lol. So, I headed over to the Play Store and found this. I set it as KB shortcut "N" for notifications and presto. Shoulda did it along time ago, lol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ication.drawer
    mtalinm and john_v like this.
    08-21-18 06:58 PM
    Nice. Now if they could add swipe up for app drawer and we could get rid of that icon. another swipe to open the dialer, and another for the hub. Then we would pretty much have the zeam launcher. That was a great one.
    ck2nb and john_v like this.
    08-21-18 07:58 PM
    Nice. Now if they could add swipe up for app drawer and we could get rid of that icon. another swipe to open the dialer, and another for the hub. Then we would pretty much have the zeam launcher. That was a great one.
    That horrendous app drawer icon...
    08-21-18 09:19 PM
    With a small tweak the app drawer icon could be the Blackberry logo.

Kind of odd that it isnt.
    08-21-18 10:37 PM
    Nova has had this for a long time. you don't have to swipe in an empty spot, you can swipe down anywhere on the home screen to pull down the notifications.

I am loving the dollar key to pull down notifications because I find myself needing to peek at a new notification when I'm in another app.
    08-21-18 10:41 PM

Now that would be awesome!!!
    08-21-18 11:05 PM
    Nova has had this for a long time. you don't have to swipe in an empty spot, you can swipe down anywhere on the home screen to pull down the notifications.

I am loving the dollar key to pull down notifications because I find myself needing to peek at a new notification when I'm in another app.
    Using the Currency Key as a notification shade pull down leave us with no option for a CTRL key. That's a shame.
    08-21-18 11:07 PM

I agree
    Attached Thumbnails Nice new BB launcher upgrade-screenshot_20180822-081539.jpg  
    08-22-18 02:16 AM
    The update also seems to fix the flickering screens issue some of us have experienced when switching apps. Nice job, I also like the new feature for the notifications. Now they just need to fix the keyboard issues and this device will surely be a keeper.
    08-22-18 02:42 AM

So you are not using shortcuts ctrl+c and ctrl+v, for example, when typing?
    08-22-18 04:49 AM
    My homescreens are pretty full so it doesn't really help me, lol. So, I headed over to the Play Store and found this. I set it as KB shortcut "N" for notifications and presto. Shoulda did it along time ago, lol

My home screen is full as well so to use this new feature I just moved an app that I have a shortcut for over to create a second home screen page. Now it's swipe left then down for the notifications. Two simple and quick gestures. I like it.
    Addendum: By moving the app icon I have created just enough space on my home screen to swipe down for notifications. Lagniappe.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 08-22-18 at 05:42 AM.
    08-22-18 05:31 AM
    Sorry to say this new addition is pathetic.

Way behind the functionality of other launchers
    bbone99 likes this.
    08-22-18 06:20 AM

That is very specific for everyone, because we use phone in different ways.

For example I used Nova launcher (full version that I paid for) for week and went back to BB launcher. Nova has so many options and is so complicated for me that I just don't use it.
    Dino84 likes this.
    08-22-18 06:26 AM

Launchers like Nova or Flick have a bunch of available gestures - in addition to the host of other handy functionalities. Now there is..one available gesture on BlackBerry launcher. More than just a little pathetic. I have sacrificed some of the convenience of the BlackBerry shortcuts for the much more enjoyable interface provided by Nova Launcher.
    08-22-18 06:31 AM
    have you seen the new BlackBerry Launcher 'Today's Agendas' option on the all shortcuts?

I don't think it was there in nougat.

it's great. I have it set to short press A
    john_v likes this.
    08-22-18 06:39 AM
    have you seen the new BlackBerry Launcher 'Today's Agendas' option on the all shortcuts?

I don't think it was there in nougat.

it's great. I have it set to short press A
    That is cool...nice find!
    08-22-18 09:25 AM

Hey good find...thanks for sharing!
    08-22-18 09:30 AM
49 12