I will say yes, after the last update of the December mess I've done a lot of different icons is in Android By Blackberry let the old icons return from before the December update.
    12-23-18 05:56 AM
    I actually quite prefer the square icons over the rounded icons from before, truthfully.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-23-18 09:05 PM
    don't like it when I first got my key2 updated. but after a while, I kind of liking it. look neat with square icon on square phone.
    12-23-18 09:26 PM
    I prefer the squares too.
    12-23-18 10:27 PM
    Me too! Even though I don't have that update yet. Looks good from the screenshots I have seen.
    12-23-18 11:33 PM
    I like the square ones also, but why aren't they all square... or at least have the same square box around it like the Chrome one...
    12-24-18 01:20 AM
    I do prefer squares too, but it need to be more uniformed, since all apps doesn't have it or they are not sized the same way.
    12-24-18 02:43 AM
    Me too! Even though I don't have that update yet. Looks good from the screenshots I have seen.
    For me it's a big mess in the system now, in one system we have several types of icons, no balance in the Blackberry By Android system
    bigedschukar likes this.
    12-24-18 07:08 AM
    Interestingly, the Crackberry icon is still unchanged.
    12-24-18 04:54 PM
    The new square icons made the BB10 and BB7 style icons unusable, since they are in a different size and the mix is a mess.
    Luniz likes this.
    12-24-18 05:22 PM
    I do prefer squares too, but it need to be more uniformed, since all apps doesn't have it or they are not sized the same way.
    Welcome to Android
    moosbb and Vistaus like this.
    12-24-18 09:23 PM
    Welcome to Android
    Indeed!

Welcome to the Jungle!
    12-25-18 03:05 AM
    The new square icons made the BB10 and BB7 style icons unusable, since they are in a different size and the mix is a mess.
    For me, this Blackberry should give the possibility to users who want round or square icons.
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    12-25-18 12:01 PM
    For me, this Blackberry should give the possibility to users who want round or square icons.
    Or update both icon packs to match the new square ones.

One thing I noted though, is that the calendar icon is now live, showing the today date without the need of using a widget for that.
    hplovecraft likes this.
    12-25-18 12:04 PM

One thing I noted though, is that the calendar icon is now live, showing the today date without the need of using a widget for that.
    I'm curious why they still have not changed the BBM icon? and this way we have a mess on Android because everyone does the icons he wants instead of fixing two three types of icons that should be optional and would be an order.
    12-25-18 12:43 PM
    Hello, I got an update on my KEY2 BBF100-6, India. Build no. ABN088, but no square icons.... it has the December patch though...
    12-25-18 02:50 PM
    I'm curious why they still have not changed the BBM icon? and this way we have a mess on Android because everyone does the icons he wants instead of fixing two three types of icons that should be optional and would be an order.
    'Cause BlackBerry doesn't develop BBM anymore? It's up to Emtek to change the BBM icon officially.
    12-25-18 03:15 PM
    I too prefer the square icons, although, a uniform size without borders on some apps would be nice. The BlackBerry Apps size is perfect.
    12-25-18 11:28 PM
    What was the real necessity in changing the icons?
    12-25-18 11:58 PM
    Yes, it's a mess. I've got round icons, square icons with sharp corners, square with rounded corners and different sized icons. It's a good job I don't have OCD
    12-26-18 05:19 AM
    I too prefer the square icons, although, a uniform size without borders on some apps would be nice. The BlackBerry Apps size is perfect.
    Do you know what the choice is? do you know what is the consistency in the system? let it give the user what he wants, whether it's round or square, and it should be a tool for developers to set a certain standart when it comes to icons, and so the mess is just a shock.
    12-26-18 05:20 AM
    Yes, it's a mess. I've got round icons, square icons with sharp corners, square with rounded corners and different sized icons. It's a good job I don't have OCD
    And I repeat this and here the majority of people do not take this into account only: ooooo cool these square icons do not see that we have even more mess in the system because we have a dozen different icons and we as users have no influence on how our system it looks like you do not spend little on Blackberry cash register phones.
    12-26-18 05:26 AM
    I generally like the square formate, but as said here before it is not 100% uptimized. The Icons of BlackBerry apps are smaller than the squared once for other apps (calendar vs. Maps for example).
    12-26-18 06:12 AM

Ahh - good eye. To be honest that annoyed me a tiny bit in the past. It's 2018 a calendar app has to show the actual date.
    12-26-18 06:14 AM
    i love the square icons on my new blackberry key 2 black 128gb dual sim!!!
    12-26-18 06:50 AM
60 123