Cant maintain a connection outside unless you hold the phone right in front of you. Forget about having a Bluetooth connected device in your pocket. Very disappointing.
    07-11-18 04:45 PM
    Have heard other reports of this. Hopefully not super common.
    07-11-18 05:43 PM
    I haven't had this issue myself.
    07-11-18 05:48 PM
    I had the same issue w the keyone. Haven't tried w key2 yet
    07-11-18 06:47 PM
    no issue on keytwo
    yybenedb likes this.
    07-11-18 08:26 PM
    Seems like a lot until you realize it's the same 5-7 people complaining on all forums and threads.

I understand some issues will be there with any manufacturing process, however it is statistically extremely unlikely for one device (and the replacement device) to have multiple issues so I take their complaints with a sip of water.
    07-11-18 08:55 PM
    I had this issue with my KEYone with only ONE of my Bluetooth receivers in one of the cars I drive. The music would go out for a second or two and come back Every 5-10 seconds or so.. it was very annoying. Every other device I used it with was fine.

Now though, the connection is much better with that one receiver. Looks like they improved it with software updates
    07-11-18 08:59 PM
    Seems like a lot until you realize it's the same 5-7 people complaining on all forums and threads.

I understand some issues will be there with any manufacturing process, however it is statistically extremely unlikely for one device (and the replacement device) to have multiple issues so I take their complaints with a sip of water.
    Perhaps our standards are higher? Or yours are lower?
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-11-18 09:25 PM
    Perhaps our standards are higher? Or yours are lower?
    Regardless of standards, some people are happiest when they're telling everyone all about their unhappiness.

Posted via CB10
    Grungni and ck2nb like this.
    07-11-18 09:38 PM
    I think it is a case of there being legitimate problems, and people have a right to complain about them. I believe that the majority of devices will be fine, and the people who end up with them will be happy.

Some devices will be fine, yet people will still complain about small little things, which is also their right. The problem is when people start using broad strokes to label people as defenders or whiners. Both types are equally annoying, especially to each other.

I expect when my K2 arrives, I will be annoyed by some of the small things, but overall it is going to be better than this K1 which is dying a slow death. To me that is happieness.

Maybe someday, there will be a new golden age for BB where BBM takes back manufacturing and enforces Apple like engineering tolerances, and has the sales to offer lower prices for better hardware. But I wouldn't hold my breath for that day; just enjoy a PKB while you can.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-11-18 09:42 PM
    It’s called the vocal minority. It happens with all kinds of things. Companies (and society) have learned to factor in and discount reports of dissatisfaction when it becomes overdone....
    07-11-18 11:51 PM
    I use to have those problems with my keyone which kept disconnecting from my watch mere inches away. That was the only main problem i had with the handset.My Key2 has been solid in terms of connection so far with the watch, wireless headphones and my car head unit.

It might be worth seeing if switching handsets helps rectify the problem or as another poster mentioned sometimes for some reason specific pairings with certain devices for god knows why fail to hold a connection.
    07-12-18 01:21 AM
    This is not an exaggerated problem or vocal minority or whatever.
    Have an iPhone X and AirPods - they work well and when I put the iPhone in my front or back pocket outside everything works perfectly!
    The Key2 sucks in this case - no connection when in my pocket which let me to return it because I listen to music when I‘m on the go all the time.
    Very disappointing for a 2018 phone. Otherwise I liked it.
    But quite honestly, to say that complainers are the vocal minority in a forum of a brand that sells a fragment of the other brands is kind of ridiculous.
    If I want to be back I offer a perfect phone and TCL doesn’t seem to try to be perfect.
    Maybe Key3 will be that phone - trying again next year because I love Blackberry!
    07-12-18 02:33 AM
    Have an iPhone X and AirPods - they work well and when I put the iPhone in my front or back pocket outside everything works perfectly!
    The Key2 sucks in this case - no connection when in my pocket which let me to return it because I listen to music when I‘m on the go all the time.
    But quite honestly, to say that complainers are the vocal minority in a forum of a brand that sells a fragment of the other brands is kind of ridiculous.
    If I want to be back I offer a perfect phone and TCL doesn’t seem to try to be perfect.
    Maybe Key3 will be that phone - trying again next year because I love Blackberry!
    That bluetooth issue clearly seems software related and could easily be fixed via a software update. Just sayin..

You can also post your issue here with the model and build date of your phone

/blackberry-key2-f472/key2-build-dates-thread-1151064/
    07-12-18 04:02 AM
    Your problem could be genuine. It doesn’t mean that it’s a problem for THE device, probably YOUR device. Forums like this aren’t representative of the customer base. We are the vocal minority to begin with. Companies manage us through social media if and when there’s a problem. The fact that BBMo/TCL isn’t commenting yet is proof, it’s too early to know the real data or if there’s a problem.

Customers will complain with problems. Customers, if they even praise anywhere, do so in a magnitude of exponential lesser volume. Go to Android Central and count the complaint/satisfaction ration of all the various OEMs just compared to Google proprietary hardware.

So yes, BBMo/TCL is managing the vocal minority of the vocal minority. Early adopters here are literally beta testers paying for the privilege in part.
    07-12-18 09:26 AM
    I tested with my plantronic 3200c headset and my b&w cans. Both seemed fine on my device. I would return yours or not wait and see if update fixes.
    07-12-18 10:47 PM

What's also statistically been proven is that BB10 devices and BB Android devices have had several issues with poor wifi, poor bluetooth. Sure other manufacturers have it too, but more like 10 in 100 versus BB/TCL's 50-100. Ask me more if you wanna know. 5 BB 10 devices, reloaded OS's, the whole shebang of running it in properly, 3 Android BB, the best known ways of running android, and the same issues persist. However, i do agree a man made thing will have issues, and I can only hope K5 or 6 will have better working functional drivers, better real world testing, better bug fixes to be on par with top spec OEM's of the world. Few users have reported signal issues on the K2 too, and mind you they're not new users, they're old time CB and BB fans and users.
    07-13-18 12:31 AM
    I urge you to try 4 , 5 and 6. It's a niche product and they need all the users they can get to continue to make stuff that works satisfactorily and hopefully it will in the future.
    07-13-18 12:37 AM
    I think it has to do with screen lock or sleep mode. If Phone is on and unlocked, it stays connected. As soon as my Key2 goes to sleep, the connection to my car is lost
    supertom likes this.
    07-17-18 07:55 PM
    I think it has to do with screen lock or sleep mode. If Phone is on and unlocked, it stays connected. As soon as my Key2 goes to sleep, the connection to my car is lost
    Ah! Another thing to check! Good idea! Make sure it's NOT battery optimized in your settings!
    07-17-18 09:54 PM
    I hope TCL updates the software so these issues get fixed sooner than later. I can't believe that initial testing didn't pick these issues up
    07-17-18 10:32 PM
    Ah! Another thing to check! Good idea! Make sure it's NOT battery optimized in your settings!
    There's also a security setting to check, ie, proximity
    07-17-18 10:57 PM
    I hope TCL updates the software so these issues get fixed sooner than later. I can't believe that initial testing didn't pick these issues up
    I suspect that some of these issues maybe due to just too many variables to isolate until issue happens in real time. Statistical data points are minimal in these small production runs...
    07-18-18 06:04 AM
    There's also a security setting to check, ie, proximity
    Well the trusted item isn't working! The theory is that it a Bluetooth device, as a "Trusted Item", would stay connected when the screen lock engages and sleep goes into effect. Frankly, prior phones automatically connected to a paired device whether locked or unlocked. Now it appears the key2 needs be paired and Trusted. Battery Optimization has no effect one or the other, i.e., if Bluetooth is always on, my Phone won't connect to my car ulseess unlocked. Then, 2 min later, it disconnects as screen saver triggers sleep mode.... unacceptable!!

******************************UPDATE**************

Found the switch to TURN OFF all Trusted items.... now, with Battery optimization off, the phone connected to my car immediately after the car started- YEAH- but premature.... Bluetooth turns off when the screen goes dark/locks- so its still not staying connected.

I'm going to erase and reset the phone to see if that fixes the Bluetooth problem not staying connected during "sleep" like all other phones do (including the Keyone)- if that doesn't fix it- I'll replace it as defective- or can Blackberry all together- sad- I love the battery life and keyboard of the Key 2! !
    Last edited by fjfisher601#AC; 07-19-18 at 11:00 AM.
    07-18-18 09:53 PM
    UPDATE 2 and a FIX .....

Trust Agents/ Smart Lock... doesn't work with Bluetooth i.e, once screen lock engages , as a Trusted agent/Device, Bluetooth is supposed to stay on and connected- but it doesn't !

The FIX: I actually had to do a Factory Reset to clear it- then immediately turned it all off- THEN I used a Keyone backup on Google to reload...now my bluetooth works and stays connected to all devices. When I first got the Key2. I used NFC to transfer form my Key 1 to the new Key 2- I don;t know if that made any difference, but in doing a Factory Reset- that option wasn't available- none the less, Bluetooth is now working properly and I won't be testing to see if Battery Optimization and Trusted Device now works.. After all - it ain't broken now and battery life is awesome...
    07-20-18 03:56 PM
61 123