Hi everyone. I made the mistake of installing the complete FF revamp 2 mos ago. Never knowing it would be nothing like the previous version.
    Mozilla removed users ability to block cookies & it didn't have support for any Add-Ons like AdBlock Plus, NoScript, CanvasBlocker, PrivacySettings, WebRTC or any Themes.
    Worst of all the new version of FF will open & run in the background w/o any input from the user. Even if you have the app blocked from opening in the background in the app management settings in Power Center. I found when it does it drains the battery fast & uses data (500 - 800MB).
    Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue to block FF from opening / running in the background?
    Do I need to root my device to regain control of all apps?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
    11-25-20 06:51 AM
    Hi everyone. I made the mistake of installing the complete FF revamp 2 mos ago. Never knowing it would be nothing like the previous version.
    Mozilla removed users ability to block cookies & it didn't have support for any Add-Ons like AdBlock Plus, NoScript, CanvasBlocker, PrivacySettings, WebRTC or any Themes.
    Worst of all the new version of FF will open & run in the background w/o any input from the user. Even if you have the app blocked from opening in the background in the app management settings in Power Center. I found when it does it drains the battery fast & uses data (500 - 800MB).
    Does anyone know of a workaround for this issue to block FF from opening / running in the background?
    Do I need to root my device to regain control of all apps?

Please let me know.

Thank you.
    Why not just uninstall Firefox? Am I missing something? You can always install an older version or another browser.
    11-25-20 11:39 AM
    I am using an older version of Firefox because the update broke capacitive keyboard scrolling. May become a security issue and force me to switch browsers if capacitive scrolling is not fixed in the future.

https://download.mozilla.org/?produc...oid&lang=multi
    11-26-20 12:36 AM
    I am using an older version of Firefox because the update broke capacitive keyboard scrolling. May become a security issue and force me to switch browsers if capacitive scrolling is not fixed in the future.

https://download.mozilla.org/?produc...oid&lang=multi
    Have you tried Kiwi?
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-26-20 03:47 PM
    Have you tried Kiwi?
    Yes, it's getting updated again so I could go back. I like the themes and add-ons for the old Firefox, which Kiwi does but not as well. Also I'd prefer to avoid Chrome based browsers to fight Google's monopoly.
    11-26-20 11:27 PM
    I e-mailed them about the keyboard scrolling issue.
    chetmanley likes this.
    12-13-20 10:28 PM