Well, it's official.... with the new Hub+Services update, SMS messages no longer show up in the Hub. Very disappointing.
    skinnymike1 and mapperav like this.
    02-22-19 12:16 PM
    Well, it's official.... with the new Hub+Services update, SMS messages no longer show up in the Hub. Very disappointing.
    I just noticed that... what's up with this change? Not cool... 😓

Bob
    02-22-19 12:22 PM
    Well, as you can see below this was mandated by Google. More details in the link provided by the dev:
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...d-by-millions/

Google won't let us use the SMS and Call Log permissions anymore, but we do still try to integrate SMS and Call Logs using the Notification Access permission--that's the same approach used for other third-party app integrations in Hub.

If you've enabled the Notification Access permission for BlackBerry Hub+ Services, you should get new text messages. Old text messages won't be kept. If you're not seeing text messages even though you've enabled Notification Access, please let me know what SMS client you're using.

Call Logs are a bit more hit and miss, but they should still work on BlackBerry, Samsung Oreo or higher, and Google Pixel devices using the stock dialer.
    That's not entirely bad though as it solves the SMS message threading in the Productivity Tab and shows call log entries in the Hub tab.

Downside:

1. Call logs doesn't properly redirect to the call entry in the dialer
    2. SMS no longer shows sent messages
    anon(10387168) and Vistaus like this.
    02-22-19 12:25 PM
    Just to add to what @RK_BB posted from Liam. Here's how it currently worked out for me after updating:

When you load up the Hub after the update, sent text messages will not be viewable in the Hub nor will any old received text messages. They'll still be in your text messaging app, however. Going forward, only newly received text messages will be viewable in the BlackBerry Hub provided you allow for the new permissions. Same with call logs. After install it will show no call log, they'll all still be in your phone app, however. Going forward, new incoming, outgoing, missed calls will appear in the Hub provided you allow for the new permissions. Still a bummer.
    RK_BB, BBuso77, zephyr613 and 7 others like this.
    02-22-19 12:38 PM
    Thanks for nothing Google...

Bob
    02-22-19 12:40 PM
    Thanks for nothing Google...

Bob
    Well, it certainly reduced the usefulness of the Hub. Right now it's primarily a consolidated e-mail application.
    02-22-19 12:42 PM
    BBM and WhatsApp still retained old sent messages...

Bob
    YDShine likes this.
    02-22-19 12:44 PM
    Just to add to what @RK_BB posted from Liam. Here's how it currently worked out for me after updating:

When you load up the Hub after the update, sent text messages will not be viewable in the Hub nor will any old received text messages. They'll still be in your text messaging app, however. Going forward, only newly received text messages will be viewable in the BlackBerry Hub provided you allow for the new permissions. Same with call logs. After install it will show no call log, they'll all still be in your phone app, however. Going forward, new incoming, outgoing, missed calls will appear in the Hub provided you allow for the new permissions. Still a bummer.
    Many thanks for the information.
    YDShine likes this.
    02-22-19 12:44 PM
    BBM and WhatsApp still retained old sent messages...

Bob
    This change only apply for SMS and Call Logs. The rest remain the same.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-22-19 12:45 PM
    Still a bummer.
    All the more reasons for @BlackBerry Mobile to partner with @LiamQ and develop their own SMS and Phone apps!
    02-22-19 12:47 PM
    This change only apply for SMS and Call Logs. The rest remain the same.
    👍

Bob
    02-22-19 12:47 PM
    All the more reasons for @BlackBerry Mobile to partner with @LiamQ and develop their own SMS and Phone apps!
    While they're at it, maybe they can partner to fix the PKB sensitivity issue... 😂

Bob
    02-22-19 12:48 PM
    @Bla1ze - I have all the notification set correctly and a couple of things:

I can see new (only) received text messages, but none of the replies. also, when selecting the incoming text message in the HUB, it brings me o the SMS app itself, not the conversation I am trying to respond to.

Also, I am not seeing any new calls in the HUB since update.

AND this is also applied to my BB KeyOne Hub, the above is related to my S9 running the new One UI.

This sux...
    Flatman and cyberdoggie like this.
    02-22-19 02:26 PM
    @Bla1ze - I have all the notification set correctly and a couple of things:

I can see new (only) received text messages, but none of the replies. also, when selecting the incoming text message in the HUB, it brings me o the SMS app itself, not the conversation I am trying to respond to.

Yep, exactly what Bla1ze said would happen in his post above.
    02-22-19 02:31 PM
    I have all the notification set correctly and a couple of things:

I can see new (only) received text messages, but none of the replies.
    Right! This is the new behavior. Since Hub lost the special connection it is no longer able to thread SMS messages and show replies.
    also, when selecting the incoming text message in the HUB, it brings me o the SMS app itself, not the conversation I am trying to respond to.
    This may be the issue using a none BlackBerry device. Redirection works fine on my K2.
    I am seeing call logs on my K2. Are you using a BlackBerry device or this apply only to your S9 per your note below?
    AND this is also applied to my BB KeyOne Hub, the above is related to my S9 running the new One UI.This sux...
    SharifHassan likes this.
    02-22-19 02:33 PM
    Very disappointing! It also mentions that these changes don't affect all phones! What does that mean? And which phones are not affected?
    02-22-19 02:41 PM
    Right! This is the new behavior. Since Hub lost the special connection it is no longer able to thread SMS messages and show replies.This may be the issue using a none BlackBerry device. Redirection works fine on my K2.I am seeing call logs on my K2. Are you using a BlackBerry device or this apply only to your S9 per your note below?
    This applies to both devices, BB KeyOne and the S9. As a matter of reference, I don't even have the option to view the call logs on the S9, it is gone. The option is there on the K1, but showing zero count.
    02-22-19 02:44 PM
    Yep, exactly what Bla1ze said would happen in his post above.
    I know, just venting....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-22-19 02:45 PM
    Agreed! They already have an Enterprise version I believe. I would be one of the first to download the BlackBerry SMS App for the masses.
    02-22-19 02:52 PM
    This applies to both devices, BB KeyOne and the S9. As a matter of reference, I don't even have the option to view the call logs on the S9, it is gone. The option is there on the K1, but showing zero count.
    Did you grant the necessary permissions to BlackBerry Hub+ Services? If not, please do so on your K1 and test.
    02-22-19 03:15 PM
    Squatters cannot be choosers. As long as BlackBerry is dependent on Google's software we will see more of these mandated restrictions.
    02-22-19 03:19 PM
    Squatters cannot be choosers. As long as BlackBerry is dependent on Google's software we will see more of these mandated restrictions.
    Bang on! And therefor:
    02-22-19 03:22 PM
    Did you grant the necessary permissions to BlackBerry Hub+ Services? If not, please do so on your K1 and test.
    I have been to the apps in settings and all permissions are turned on by default. Is there somewhere else I need to go? Thanks,
    02-22-19 03:27 PM
    I have been to the apps in settings and all permissions are turned on by default. Is there somewhere else I need to go? Thanks,
    This was in reference to @zephyr613 inability to see call log entries in Hub using his K1

Are you able to see new call log entries in Hub? If you do then you are good.
    02-22-19 03:29 PM
    @Crusader03 and @zephyr613

Please ensure this permission is set to On:

Settings \ Apps & notifications \ Special access \ Notification access

Turn on "BlackBerry Hub+ Services"

If you did not see new call log entries in Hub, that should do it on your BlackBerry device.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-22-19 03:34 PM
378 123 ...