I've disabled permissions and enabled them again and I am getting zero activities in the HUB for Yaata or Android Messages on my Oneplus 3T. I am a paying customer also so not sure what to do other than uninstall and reinstall.

Update finally got it working after several attempts and reboots.

Android is just messy!!!!
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 03-14-19 at 11:56 AM.
    03-14-19 10:46 AM
    Notification history log

Get it in the play store. Not exactly what you want I know but thought you might be interested how it seems to work yet the HUB won't.

Ah just realized it won't record a sent text msg. Boo!
    Are you saying I can turn off all notifications from so they don't appear in the Notification Tray, but they will still be available in a third-party app? - 5-5,'t know that was possible.
    03-14-19 11:58 AM
    Are you saying I can turn off all notifications from so they don't appear in the Notification Tray, but they will still be available in a third-party app? - 5-5,'t know that was possible.
    Never mind what I was trying to say lol. I was mistaken. Either way this is a nice notification history that you can customize by filtering events or notifications.
    03-14-19 12:00 PM
    Never mind what I was trying to say lol. I was mistaken. Either way this is a nice notification history that you can customize by filtering events or notifications.
    Ok. Still, thanks for the tip.
    03-14-19 12:10 PM
    Don't see "Apps & Notifications\special access\notification access" on Verizon BBKeyOne

Someone help a brother out please. I successfully got the new phone events displayed in the Hub but for the life of me I can't find how to get my new text messages displayed. I've been through the Apps icon, the notifications icon, the Hub + Services Icon. Any suggestions?
    TY
    03-18-19 12:46 PM
    So now after the latest update SMS are marked read when they are not. Okay, but...
    After yesterday's BBM update sent don't show and messages aren't shown as read. This thing needs some serious help! If it's going to be useful for nothing but email, there are better choices
    03-21-19 09:56 AM
    I take that back. It doesn't show new incoming BBM messages either.

My apologies. I had already done 2 hard reboots. A 3rd with cache clearing of hub+, hub and BBM prior seems to have done the trick. Now, about those SMS becoming read on their own...
    03-21-19 01:31 PM
    @LiamQ @max-bb

While I had hoped I solved the problem, the resolution was short lived. I sent a report to Emtek, who of course only directed me to BlackBerry. The irony that my biggest issue with the latest iteration of "Inbox" is an app with BlackBerry in it's name is not lost on me. Sometimes Inbox doesn't list BBM as an account. Most of the time it shows old messages some displaying my last message, some other's messages, while each chat has newer messages from both. Are y'all aware there's a problem?
    03-26-19 08:24 AM
    @LiamQ @max-bb

While I had hoped I solved the problem, the resolution was short lived. I sent a report to Emtek, who of course only directed me to BlackBerry. The irony that my biggest issue with the latest iteration of "Inbox" is an app with BlackBerry in it's name is not lost on me. Sometimes Inbox doesn't list BBM as an account. Most of the time it shows old messages some displaying my last message, some other's messages, while each chat has newer messages from both. Are y'all aware there's a problem?
    Honestly, I no longer see the value of BBM consumer on Android/iOS. There are many better options available now. I'm a pretty big fan of signal or Proton Mail for encrypted communications. I still use BBM on BB10, but have never bothered to configure it in my KEYone.

Obviously, the Hub should work with it properly, but I don't see BBM consumer as a relevant or valuable service any longer.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-26-19 11:09 AM
    Honestly, I no longer see the value of BBM consumer on Android/iOS. There are many better options available now. I'm a pretty big fan of signal or Proton Mail for encrypted communications. I still use BBM on BB10, but have never bothered to configure it in my KEYone.

Obviously, the Hub should work with it properly, but I don't see BBM consumer as a relevant or valuable service any longer.

For me, the inclusion of BBM into BlackBerry devices is a bit of a "paradox". As far as I know, it's the only messaging app that is NOT end-to-end encrypted, and does not publish its security credentials. When I asked EMTEK about it, they gave me the runaround and didn't give me an answer.

So, we have "the most secure Android smartphones" with the least secure messaging app pre-installed by default, bearing the BlackBerry brand.... hmmmmm.....
    elfabio80, RK_BB and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-26-19 11:15 AM
    For me, the inclusion of BBM into BlackBerry devices is a bit of a "paradox". As far as I know, it's the only messaging app that is NOT end-to-end encrypted, and does not publish its security credentials. When I asked EMTEK about it, they gave me the runaround and didn't give me an answer.

So, we have "the most secure Android smartphones" with the least secure messaging app pre-installed by default, bearing the BlackBerry brand.... hmmmmm.....
    Yes. I'm sure it's an artifact of the horrible licensing agreement BlackBerry signed with EMTEK back during the "firesale" era. BlackBerry can't discontinue it, and no one really takes responsibility for it.

elfabio80 likes this.
    03-26-19 11:23 AM

It's still working great on Pixel 3. No integration issues with Hub+ Inbox here, despite the recent SMS boondoggle.
    03-26-19 01:51 PM
    Yes. I'm sure it's an artifact of the horrible licensing agreement BlackBerry signed with EMTEK back during the "firesale" era. BlackBerry can't discontinue it, and no one really takes responsibility for it.

What's horrible about it?

The alternative was dumping consumer BBM entirely, and sticking solely with the Enterprise client.
    03-26-19 02:23 PM
    What's horrible about it?

The alternative was dumping consumer BBM entirely, and sticking solely with the Enterprise client.
    IMO that would have been more merciful than the sticker-based, no-vision, POC that BBM consumer has become.

The better play would have been to make it a professional, x-platform, private and secure professional chat application years earlier, and at a substantially lower cost than BB10 hardware. BlackBerry never saw BBM as a strategic asset, so they licensed it for a few bucks to a company who have maintained it at a barely usable level.

03-26-19 02:38 PM
    IMO that would have been more merciful than the sticker-based, no-vision, POC that BBM consumer has become.

The better play would have been to make it a professional, x-platform, private and secure professional chat application years earlier, and at a substantially lower cost than BB10 hardware. BlackBerry never saw BBM as a strategic asset, so they licensed it for a few bucks to a company who have maintained it at a barely usable level.

Don't forget that when BlackBerry licenced BBM consumer, over 80% of its users were in Indonesia.

They basically handed it over to that specific market - having lost the rest of the world already.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-19 02:40 PM
    Don't forget that when BlackBerry licenced BBM consumer, over 80% of its users were in Indonesia.

They basically handed it over to that specific market - having lost the rest of the world already.
    We're saying the same thing, but from different perspectives. BlackBerry had already missed its opportunity for BBM in the West, and the licensing deal guaranteed it wouldn't get any better.

elfabio80 likes this.
    03-26-19 02:59 PM
    Well, it's official.... with the new Hub+Services update, SMS messages no longer show up in the Hub. Very disappointing.
    So very sad about this change. Not enough to switch to and rely on an iphone and isolated apps instead, but still so very sad.
    03-26-19 05:50 PM
    So very sad about this change. Not enough to switch to and rely on an iphone and isolated apps instead, but still so very sad.
    It still shows up, it just doesn't show your last message that YOU sent.. I don't need to see what I just wrote.
    03-26-19 07:18 PM
    I get it, and I know, but I still like seeing what I sent in the same place, not having to open the messages app. What I love about the hub is everything (I want) in one place and using it there. So, this makes me sad.
    03-26-19 07:38 PM
    I'm quite disappointed in BBM also, but this isn't the thread for that discussion. The issue is Hub+ services, and their value is diminishing. I feel for our 2 BlackBerry amigos here on CrackBerry. I get the feeling there's little else to the team, and even less support from the mothership.

With every step forward the hub, errrrrr "Inbox" makes, it takes a few steps back. The productivity tab and DTEK are focuses, because they are unique to BlackBerry branded phones. I doubt you'd find 1% of KEYˣ buyers point to them as the reason. Inbox is the principle piece of the pie that sells on Play Store, and I'm starting to feel like I did the last couple years on BB10. Dedicated more to brand than self. Text I can trust after tweaking to keep me notified through Inbox. I need that same confidence with every connected app, or I can just use native notification, and a more comprehensive email app where things like conversation view works for every account.
    mapperav, RK_BB and zephyr613 like this.
    03-26-19 10:07 PM
    I get it, and I know, but I still like seeing what I sent in the same place, not having to open the messages app. What I love about the hub is everything (I want) in one place and using it there. So, this makes me sad.
    Hi,

I think there is actually not much reason to staying with BlackBerry. Hub was the number one app and they just ruined it. I do not care what Google tells you. Caring about our privacy? Google?? Really??? Why we cannot have a full hub and we can give permission for either calls, sms, email to appear. What is the point of having hub? I have unfortunately found out I cannot rely on it anymore. I am dealing with many customers every day using sms, emails and calls and it is easy to overlook a message then you cannot see if you already reply to an sms. It is sad to see how hubs features are taken away but more I am really angry!!!
    VictorRight likes this.
    03-27-19 04:22 AM
    hasn't really affected me much. I never displayed calls in the hub. I
    03-27-19 07:03 AM
    Hi,

I think there is actually not much reason to staying with BlackBerry. Hub was the number one app and they just ruined it. I do not care what Google tells you. Caring about our privacy? Google?? Really??? Why we cannot have a full hub and we can give permission for either calls, sms, email to appear. What is the point of having hub? I have unfortunately found out I cannot rely on it anymore. I am dealing with many customers every day using sms, emails and calls and it is easy to overlook a message then you cannot see if you already reply to an sms. It is sad to see how hubs features are taken away but more I am really angry!!!
    Not being able to see if you replied is annoying. What really is a problem though from my perspective, is unread SMS being marked read. If I could tell which I hadn't read, I wouldn't need to worry about which I didn't respond to.
    Heston_in_Mtl and zephyr613 like this.
    03-27-19 08:54 PM
    This is a big disappointment for me. SMS is my preferred messaging protocol (FB et al have enough of my data already), and I expect MORE functionality with the Hub+ service updates not LESS. (If I wanted fewer features with each new version I'd be on Apple).
    I agree with other posters that BB should create their own SMS client, or build one into the Hub as they have done for email. Hopefully this is already on their radar.
    03-28-19 08:42 AM
    I agree with other posters that BB should create their own SMS client, or build one into the Hub as they have done for email. Hopefully this is already on their radar.
    It's not on their radar for the reasons explained.
    03-28-19 09:21 AM
378 ... 1112131415 ...