Is it possible to aggregate ALL notifications in the Hub? I would dearly love to aggregate all Android notifications silently in a location where I could always retrieve the history and NEVER have to use the notification tray, which is a) distracting and b) doesn't preserve history.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    These are the only ones supported:

https://tclota.birth-online.de/hubapps.php

Permission needs to be obtained, and I think the idea behind the HUB is to only aggregate actionable notification types. Otherwise it could become incredibly messy. I have almost 200 apps installed for instance.
    02-23-19 01:24 PM
    I'm so glad I did not make the move into this Android mess.
    @bb10adopter111 is 100% right.

These phones are utterly useless for people who expect productivity. They are competing for the average dumb user, instead of catering to Blackberries remaining loyal core user base and for the arguably needy business community.

Chen was correct too. A separate phone with essential core business functions has lot's of future. Dual carry is the present and future for business. Single carry is for kids.
    zodmode247, elfabio80 and idssteve like this.
    02-23-19 01:37 PM
    These are the only ones supported:

https://tclota.birth-online.de/hubapps.php

Permission needs to be obtained, and I think the idea behind the HUB is to only aggregate actionable notification types. Otherwise it could become incredibly messy. I have almost 200 apps installed for instance.
    I understand. I have close to 100. But I find the Android notification tray to be obnoxious, so I end up turning off almost all notifications, which causes it's own set of problems. I want to be able to "pull" notifications rather than having them "pushed" to me. In a perfect world I would disable the notification tray completely and have a place where I could check for notifications I actually enable.

SteveNoza likes this.
    02-23-19 01:39 PM
    The rest is a notification aggregator. It always has been, and I don't think it was ever intended to be anything more. No need to reinvent the wheel 20 times.
    The fact is, and especially without SMS and call log integration, a lot of people are going to realize just that - the Hub is just an email client with a lot of unnecessary clutter thrown in to make it look like the old BlackBerry HUB.
    02-23-19 01:39 PM
    I understand. I have close to 100. But I find the Android notification tray to be obnoxious, so I end up turning off almost all notifications, which causes it's own set of problems. I want to be able to "pull" notifications rather than having them "pushed" to me. In a perfect world I would disable the notification tray completely and have a place where I could check for notifications I actually enable.

Problem is, the HUB is only permitted to intercept notifications. If they are disabled, the HUB won't get them either.
    02-23-19 01:41 PM
    The fact is, and especially without SMS and call log integration, a lot of people are going to realize just that - the Hub is just an email client with a lot of unnecessary clutter thrown in to make it look like the old BlackBerry HUB.
    Well, on BlackBerry Android devices (and many others), call logs will continue, and received emails will continue to be captured.
    02-23-19 01:42 PM
    Problem is, the HUB is only permitted to intercept notifications. If they are disabled, the HUB won't get them either.
    I know that. Once again, an App can't fix the OS.

Jake2826 likes this.
    02-23-19 01:43 PM
    And that's the problem.

The "bummer" here is not Google, it's that BlackBerry seems content on watching what little remains of its mobile/licensing business sail into the sunset, while Android continues to evolve and progress.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Its 2019 and they're probably just winding the whole thing down once and for all, just as they are doing with BBOS and BB10.
    In this situation, what’s to force any carrier or any other necessary entity to partner or certify anything. Look at the cost and expense of resources that Key2 would be to certify as device on VZW or Key2 LE certified at so far.

The problem here is that BB isn’t getting rich licensing BBAndroid to BBMo for devices. BBAppSuite doesn’t generate huge revenue. Face it, Android/IOS strikes again through standardization in name of efficiency and consistency. Small players with little to no economic resources get left behind.

To ask BB to waste it’s economic resources for little to no ROI seems just as ridiculous whether for BB10 or BBAndroid let alone pieces like BBAppSuite or BBHub itself....
    02-23-19 02:03 PM
    In this situation, what’s to force any carrier or any other necessary entity to partner or certify anything. Look at the cost and expense of resources that Key2 would be to certify as device on VZW or Key2 LE certified at so far.

The problem here is that BB isn’t getting rich licensing BBAndroid to BBMo for devices. BBAppSuite doesn’t generate huge revenue. Face it, Android/IOS strikes again through standardization in name of efficiency and consistency. Small players with little to no economic resources get left behind.

To ask BB to waste it’s economic resources for little to no ROI seems just as ridiculous whether for BB10 or BBAndroid let alone pieces like BBAppSuite or BBHub itself....
    If you don't invest you don't make money back either. That's business 101.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    02-23-19 02:04 PM
    If you don't invest you don't make money back either. That's business 101.
    That was exactly what I said. No point to spend money when it’s already determined the outcome is too improbable to alter or change. This is why BB exited the business and is more than willing to cash licensing checks. BB itself as company is doing just fine in the primary areas of business it’s focused on. This, in reality, is really a problem for their OEM customers...
    02-23-19 02:10 PM

I agree with your post but from what I have gathered, I think BlackBerry Ltd is doing fairly well with their licensing agreement with partners. It looks like it is or will be soon an approx $100 million a year business in revenue and John Chen has said that their costs are minimal, perhaps a 90 % margin business. It's a lot better than previously losing billions on hardware.

Granted, in a business as large as the smartphone business, a $90 profit isn't very large but in BlackBerry Ltd 's case, very respectable compared to previous years.

Posted via CB10
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-23-19 06:07 PM
    Assuming there isn't anything important in your SMS messages prior to the update, then I don't really see the big deal here. What am I missing? My new SMS are appearing in the Hub, and everything works fine.
    02-23-19 06:57 PM
    Assuming there isn't anything important in your SMS messages prior to the update, then I don't really see the big deal here. What am I missing? My new SMS are appearing in the Hub, and everything works fine.
    Your sent SMS's won't show and the timestamp of when it appears in Hub moving forward will be when you received the last message from the person you are conversing with, not the last message you sent.

The workaround is to roll back to Hub and Hub Services from December and disable auto-update on the apps. It's a fix (for how long, who knows), but it works which is all I care about.

On a side note, and not trying to stir something up, but It's so intriguing to come back every now and then to see the people bashing BB's Android move and praise BB10 as "productivity.".

I see both sides to it, but there is nothing, and I repeat nothing, that my Key2 can't do that my Classic and Passport couldn't. And I have a modern phone now. If anything, it's more productive, with the exception of text selection, copy and pasting, which was, and always will be superior on a device with a trackpad (*cough cough 9930*), but hey, we've moved on and come a LONG way from the BBOS days.

For all the haters, if it wasn't for the move to Android, BlackBerry would no longer be making [licensing] phones with a physical keyboard -- that's the pure and simple fact.
    pgg101, BigBadWulf and Sigewif like this.
    02-23-19 07:06 PM
    If anything, it's more productive, with the exception of text selection, copy and pasting, which was, and always will be superior on a device with a trackpad (*cough cough 9930*)
    I received an E Class loaner earlier this week (oddly at a Lexus dealer...) and immediately as I was driving off I recognized the familiar BlackBerry trackpad and said to myself "look at that! Mercedes is copying BlackBerry", that is until I recalled that BlackBerry own QNX and now seeing Mercedes F1 team carrying the BlackBerry Logo at the time make sense!

Fast forward to 2018 it looks like BlackBerry lost this partnership but it's nice to see that the trackpad isn't dead
    @BlackBerry Mobile perhaps you will consider porting this idea into any one of your future devices!

New BlackBerry Hub+Services update removes SMS notifications from Hub!-img_20190221_1514248.jpeg
    02-23-19 07:12 PM
    I received an E Class loaner earlier this week (oddly at a Lexus dealer...) and immediately as I was driving off I recognized the familiar BlackBerry trackpad and said to myself "look at that! Mercedes is copying BlackBerry", that is until I recalled that BlackBerry own QNX and now seeing Mercedes F1 team carrying the BlackBerry Logo at the time make sense!

Fast forward to 2018 it looks like BlackBerry lost this partnership but it's nice to see that the trackpad isn't dead
    @BlackBerry Mobile perhaps you will consider porting this idea into any one of your future devices!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190221_1514248.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	443143
    Mercedes never had QNX in their cars. Mainly in Fords
    02-23-19 07:25 PM
    Mercedes never had QNX in their cars. Mainly in Fords
    Not according to this:

/general-blackberry-news-discussion-rumors-f2/z-qnx-cars-1031108/
    02-23-19 07:36 PM
    It was a concept they put into the S-Class coupe back 5-6 years ago I think. I could be wrong, but never made it past the concept stage.

Regardless, the E-Class you were in is NOT powered by QNX.
    02-23-19 07:54 PM
    It was a concept they put into the S-Class coupe back 5-6 years ago I think. I could be wrong, but never made it past the concept stage.

Regardless, the E-Class you were in is NOT powered by QNX.
    Ha! Interesting...that trackpad though was a BlackBerry product. There is no doubt about that.
    02-23-19 07:57 PM
    Ha! Interesting...that trackpad though was a BlackBerry product. There is no doubt about that.
    Nah, it's proprietary Mercedes. I have one, and I HATE IT, and it doesn't work half the time. That's also how I know it isn't a BlackBerry product
    02-23-19 07:59 PM
    Your sent SMS's won't show and the timestamp of when it appears in Hub moving forward will be when you received the last message from the person you are conversing with, not the last message you sent.

The workaround is to roll back to Hub and Hub Services from December and disable auto-update on the apps. It's a fix (for how long, who knows), but it works which is all I care about.

On a side note, and not trying to stir something up, but It's so intriguing to come back every now and then to see the people bashing BB's Android move and praise BB10 as "productivity.".

I see both sides to it, but there is nothing, and I repeat nothing, that my Key2 can't do that my Classic and Passport couldn't. And I have a modern phone now. If anything, it's more productive, with the exception of text selection, copy and pasting, which was, and always will be superior on a device with a trackpad (*cough cough 9930*), but hey, we've moved on and come a LONG way from the BBOS days.

For all the haters, if it wasn't for the move to Android, BlackBerry would no longer be making [licensing] phones with a physical keyboard -- that's the pure and simple fact.
    Thanks for the explanations. It's too bad, but not a big deal for me. I mostly you SMS for quick messages when I'm trying to meet up with people. As long as I can continue searching for email, then all is good for me.
    02-23-19 08:01 PM
    Nah, it's proprietary Mercedes. I have one, and I HATE IT, and it doesn't work half the time. That's also how I know it isn't a BlackBerry product
    LOL - a Chinese knockoff? Well, not far from reality isn't it?
    02-23-19 08:07 PM

Ummmmm...

Seriously, you kids need a history lesson!
    02-23-19 11:28 PM
    I had asked this question either earlier or in another thread so my apologizes about the double ask.

What does Google have to gain by making a change like this? This appears to be getting some bad press and is making the Android experience a little bit of a pain in the booty for millions of users.

Could this be connected to them forcing everybody to using their stock Android message text app so they can drive adoption and use for Android RCS, their new sms chat feature?

I don't have a BlackBerry Android device so I'm not sure how the stock text app is compared to the other apps that people love, such as Textra.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-23-19 at 11:44 PM. Reason: language
    02-23-19 11:29 PM
    I had asked this question either earlier or in another thread so my apologizes about the double ask.

What does Google have to gain by making a change like this? This appears to be getting some bad press and is making the Android experience a little bit of a pain in the booty for millions of users.

Could this be connected to them forcing everybody to using their stock Android message text app so they can drive adoption and use for Android RCS, their new sms chat feature?

I don't have a BlackBerry Android device so I'm not sure how the stock text app is compared to the other apps that people love, such as Textra.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    Best guess some kind of uniform security symbolism, so they can compete with iOS, who has somehow gained notoriety as secure, whilst everyone disregards all the breaches they've had.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-23-19 11:46 PM
    Very disappointing! It also mentions that these changes don't affect all phones! What does that mean? And which phones are not affected?
    Must be a regulatory issue. My phone is unlocked european version. Installed the beta Hub myself from the Play store. Still see the call logs.
    02-24-19 04:59 AM
378 ... 23456 ...