My OP question was more asking if a Passport sized phone with the Squarish resolution would be possible, not whether some giant fold out screen is possible. Obviously that is possible, as other phones look to have it soon.
    There has been no change to Material Design requirements, nor will we (with 99.99% certainty) ever see a Passport 2.
    02-28-19 08:54 PM
    There has been no change to Material Design requirements, nor will we (with 99.99% certainty) ever see a Passport 2.
    Oh oh glad to see you left that 0.01% open! Lol. My mama always told me "never say never".😉

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-28-19 09:01 PM
    Oh oh glad to see you left that 0.01% open! Lol. My mama always told me "never say never".

Posted via CB10
    I smart person never says 100% !
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-28-19 09:02 PM
    My OP question was more asking if a Passport sized phone with the Squarish resolution would be possible, not whether some giant fold out screen is possible. Obviously that is possible, as other phones look to have it soon.
    It is now possible to make a Passport style Android phone with a square screen.

Just because it's possible that doesn't make it remotely probable.
    02-28-19 09:11 PM
    If only the bottom half was a pkb
    Yeah, screw typing on that kind of flat surface.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-28-19 10:35 PM
    IMHO, it looks like Google is going to endorse more screen resolutions (including square) given the screen is way more flexible than before. Definitely looking forward to a wide KEY3 now.
    03-01-19 04:31 AM
    Hi
    Limit is not only on square display ! Android Passport will be my next phone if all "BBy10 passport" good ideas and productivity are also back : embedded samba Server, slim port, flip to mute, "real" multilanguage keyboard, move to switch on display, enable/disable mobile access point directly from top shortcut... List is long.
    Vistaus likes this.
    03-01-19 04:56 AM
    Maybe as a key3 plus or K3 buzz? I hope so 😁
    03-01-19 05:22 AM
    I would switch from my Note 9 to a Passport device in a heartbeat. The silver and black Passport is still the best device I ever had. Nothing comes close. I miss it.
    Please BBMobile, please release a Passport device.
    03-01-19 07:14 AM
    If Google ever made 1x1 a supported format (they haven't yet).... Passport is still a niche within the PKB niche, and based on BBMo's lack of new products for the first half of this year... I don't think they are looking for going below the sales threshold of the KEYdevices.

If a $700 KEY3 were released next year and along side a $750 Passport 2, both with the same specs. I really doubt sales of the Passport 2 would be enough to make it viable. Some of the popularity of the Passport was based simply on it being the "best" hardware package that BB10 ever saw. Some of it was based on it being the biggest screen that a PKB BB10 phone had seen. For many over the last three or four years... it was a cheap phone. Take those three "reasons" out of the equation and I think a KEYdevcie is the threshold for viable (if it even is).
    03-01-19 08:26 AM
    I would imagine you would use it like a tablet like that, no?
    I'm not entirely sure, it seems like it would be hard to use as a phone for instant messaging, calling, e-mail, and stuff if you had to hold it like a tablet.
    03-01-19 09:29 AM
    Yeah, screw typing on that kind of flat surface.
    I have an iPad that I'm very happy with, as a tablet. I had purchased 2 or 3 cheaper bluetooth keyboards for it and really enjoyed that - I use it in church to take sermon notes.
    When the last cheap keyboard died I tried using the on-screen keyboard, expecting to hate it, but after some practice I'm able to use it pretty well, oddly enough.

that does NOT translate to phone, however - the vkbs on phones just don't work for me, so I'm grateful for my Key2. Great phone, great keyboard.
    03-01-19 09:31 AM
    I have an iPad that I'm very happy with, as a tablet. I had purchased 2 or 3 cheaper bluetooth keyboards for it and really enjoyed that - I use it in church to take sermon notes.
    When the last cheap keyboard died I tried using the on-screen keyboard, expecting to hate it, but after some practice I'm able to use it pretty well, oddly enough.

that does NOT translate to phone, however - the vkbs on phones just don't work for me, so I'm grateful for my Key2. Great phone, great keyboard.
    If I had to type every letter of every word.... I'd agree.

But when you only have to type a letter or two (or sometimes none), then it's isn't much of a chore to use a VKB. Sometimes I think Google has a mind reading component in the phone...

Can't believe it took until October of last year for Microsoft to get SwiftKey intelligence going on Windows 10 for my Surface Pro. But then if I'm taking note, I use the pen and have them translated into text.... as then your thinking words and not letters, just seems to flow better.
    03-01-19 09:57 AM
    Oh oh glad to see you left that 0.01% open! Lol. My mama always told me "never say never".😉

Posted via CB10
    But guess who also told you that? Justin Beaver... eh, Bieber.
    03-01-19 12:13 PM
    Maybe as a key3 plus or K3 buzz? I hope so 😁
    Most likely KEY3 XE, if we follow the current naming scheme.
    03-01-19 12:14 PM
    New Android BlackBerry Passport-350.png
    DWonder likes this.
    03-01-19 12:34 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	350.png 
Views:	38 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	443218
    You betcha. I'm super optimistic.
    03-01-19 12:35 PM
    There's a bigger of chance of seeing a Priv 2... which I would much prefer personally than a new Passport.
    03-01-19 02:28 PM
    There's a bigger of chance of seeing a Priv 2... which I would much prefer personally than a new Passport.
    MY order of likely new or revised formats....

1. Priv 2
    2. PlayBook 2
    3. Motion 2
    4. BlackWatch 1
    5. Folding BlackBerry 1
    6. Z50
    7. Passport 2

But outside of the KEY format, I'm not sure odds are very good for any of that....
    the_boon likes this.
    03-01-19 02:50 PM
    Yeah, but @conite is like:

Jake2826 and DWonder like this.
    03-01-19 05:02 PM
    Not sure why people who want a new Passport would not want a slightly taller screen instead of a square screen. The width is the important variable. The device would not be too tall.
    03-01-19 05:11 PM
    Not sure why people who want a new Passport would not want a slightly taller screen instead of a square screen. The width is the important variable. The device would not be too tall.
    Because IMHO the Passport had the second-best dimensions of all time (my #1 is still the HP Pre 3 with its soap bar design!).
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-01-19 05:25 PM
    Because IMHO the Passport had the second-best dimensions of all time (my #1 is still the HP Pre 3 with its soap bar design!).
    The advantages of a 4.5 inch Passport over a 4.5 inch screened Key2 are not significant and would not likely increase overall sales for BBMo.
    03-01-19 06:30 PM
    I used to think the Passport was so big but when I pull it out now, it doesn't seem large at all against all the monster slabs out there.

Such a unique device... a shame we'll never see an Android version. I really wish I could've gotten my hands on that one unit that had Lollipop running on it.
    03-01-19 06:37 PM
    Well, it should still be the dimensions of a real passport travel document lol
    03-02-19 11:33 PM
56 123