Exactly my main issue with the phone. The camera is F'ing terrible in anything but bright daytime shots.

Those who keep defending blackberry are the reason we got a step back, extremely mediocre/crap camera in this phone for 829CDN.

Some people seem a to have low standards for a camera in a phone in 2018. Just because the phone has a Pkb doesnt mean the pictures should be comparable to a 60 dollar prepaid phone.
    So how much extra are you willing to pay for your better camera? BBMo/TCL isn’t any of the Flagship OEMs so it doesn’t enjoy the economic resources or the economies of scale. From what I’ve read, it’s the camera software that’s at issue more than camera hardware. The Flagship OEMs have been improving the programming and the algorithms for 8-10 years. In comparison, BBAndroid has been doing this for three years with two different OEMs with limited resources. Then add the costs of licensing and the PKB hardware. It’s like comparing price of Tesla and GM vehicles and complaining about Tesla shortcomings. Then imagine doing it without the money raised by Tesla along the way. BlackBerry and BBMo/TCL should have died somewhere along the way in this journey and yet they’re hanging on....
    the_boon and YeahIgottheKey2 like this.
    11-03-18 06:34 AM
    So how much extra are you willing to pay for your better camera?
    I am actually willing to pay more to have the camera entirely removed (in the name of security!!!) and the balance invested in an even better keyboard, one that doesn't have bugs and does more than half baked dual handed Speed Key operation.
    AmritD likes this.
    11-03-18 11:33 AM
    I would pay whatever they wanted. When buying a phone, or anything really, the price is my least concern if it is a quality product.
    11-03-18 01:18 PM
    I would pay whatever they wanted. When buying a phone, or anything really, the price is my least concern if it is a quality product.
    So I’ll put you down for one unit @ $9995 USD
    Vistaus, pgg101 and bibbula like this.
    11-03-18 01:38 PM
    I am actually willing to pay more to have the camera entirely removed (in the name of security!!!) and the balance invested in an even better keyboard, one that doesn't have bugs and does more than half baked dual handed Speed Key operation.
    Another option idea would be if the camera is built into a bay that has a sliding window, so you can slide it shut when not being used. It would also minimize chances of scratching the lens or getting it dusty / greasy.

I don't know if this design is physically possible, but I would buy a device that has this.
    11-03-18 01:46 PM
    Another option idea would be if the camera is built into a bay that has a sliding window, so you can slide it shut when not being used. It would also minimize chances of scratching the lens or getting it dusty / greasy.

I don't know if this design is physically possible, but I would buy a device that has this.
    More moving parts, why bother ?

Just have a non protruding lense setup with Gorilla Glass 6
    11-03-18 03:50 PM
    Come on TCL/BlackBerry, push this update to EU QWERTY unlocked already...
    11-03-18 04:28 PM
    EU QWERTY unlocked, Netherlands: the update just arrived!

Everything feels a bit smoother and it's nice that I can adjust the kbd brightness now But for some reason, MS Launcher doesn't show my profile pic anymore ever since this update. Not sure what's up with that. Not a big deal, but it looks less slick with that stock profile icon.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 11-08-18 at 12:04 PM.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    11-08-18 04:28 AM
    Just received it! BBF100-1, EU QWERTY unlocked, the Netherlands.
    11-08-18 11:59 AM
    My profile pic on MS Launcher is back. Maybe a coincidental MS issue then?
    11-08-18 03:59 PM
    Czech Republic - BBF100-6 unlocked Dual Sim - update available to download.
    After the update convenience button was reset to google Assistant. Anything else was reset to factory setting I should be aware of?
    Last edited by Pavelsan; 11-08-18 at 11:56 PM.
    11-08-18 11:39 PM
    Middle of Nov and still no update on Rogers, Bell and Telus. Jesus.
    11-09-18 04:06 AM
    Middle of Nov and still no update on Rogers, Bell and Telus. Jesus.
    NA carriers have to wait for PTCRB certification.
    11-09-18 08:29 AM
    And Bluetooth still drops when used in car !!! It's been 20 years I use BBy but this phone is a mess.
    Bluetooth works fine in my 2010 VW GTI. It connects seamlessly with my Garmin Fitness tracker. It connects seamlessly with my Garmin Zumo GPS. I Sell Porsche for a living. It connects seamlessly with any Porsche Bluetooth from when Porsche first got it in Canada in 2009 up to the latest ones today. It connects seamlessly with some of the old aftermarket Bluetooth car add ins (like Parrot, etc). It connects seamlessly with any of the off-makes I have tried on our pre-owned lot (including MB, BMW, Audi, Ford, Chyrsler.) It connects seemlessly with my hearing aids. It connects seemlessly with my "Powerup Dart" Bluetooth controlled paper airplane controller (I haven't flown it much but have had no issue with the Bluetooth connection.)

Overall I am very happy with how Bluetooth works on this phone.

..Tom
    11-10-18 10:19 AM
    Overall I am very happy with how Bluetooth works on this phone.

..Tom
    Forgot it also connects seemlessly with my Fuji Waterproof Camera (which uses a combination of Bluetooth and WI-Fi to transfer pictures) and with my Gopro Hero 6 (which also uses Bluetooth and Wifi to transfer pictures.)

..Tom
    11-10-18 10:22 AM
    Forgot it also connects seemlessly with my Fuji Waterproof Camera (which uses a combination of Bluetooth and WI-Fi to transfer pictures) and with my Gopro Hero 6 (which also uses Bluetooth and Wifi to transfer pictures.)

..Tom
    Oh yes forgot about my Jabra Headset... again it seamlessly connects and works perfectly.

..Tom
    11-10-18 10:26 AM
    I want to add my Marshall Kilburn speaker, Citroën car, and ThinkPad laptop to that. Connects without problems and plays/interacts just fine.
    V-Tom and Vistaus like this.
    11-10-18 12:30 PM
    I want to add my Marshall Kilburn speaker, Citroën car, and ThinkPad laptop to that. Connects without problems and plays/interacts just fine.
    Also connects and plays/interacts fine with my Marshall Kilburn and ThinkPad. I have no car, so can't test that, but will most likely get one next year (a Mazda) so I can try it out then.
    V-Tom likes this.
    11-10-18 02:21 PM
    finally got the update.

unlocked Silver KEY2 ATT - Tennessee
    11-11-18 10:32 PM
    I received it yesterday (Key2 dual sim, no brand, Italian, qwerty layout) and I mostly noticed the "Dual App" function, even if the second account (at the moment only WhatsApp) seems to update itself only if you tap on the app icon and not in background...
    Well appreciated update anyway... ;-)New ABI067 system update-screenshot_20181113-002754_1.jpg
    11-12-18 05:34 PM
    Same, but that might be because I have it mounted right next to the stereo.

With regards to the camera this latest update did add noise cancellation in low-light conditions at the expense of noticeable blur even when the focus is set to the optimal length. I didn't expect the camera on this phone to be anywhere near phenomenal but its performance leaves a lot to be desired.
    Notice similar improvement with the night time shots from this updated camera. Noise cancellation much improved for sure - hope they continue to improve the camera.

All software have issues, watching some of the reviews for the Google Pixel & yes, some reviewers still believe the photos are noisey or have too much details, photos not being saved, memory management issues, screen brightness issues etc.

Saying this to say that, all phones have issues - that's why we keep buying new versions every year! lol
    11-13-18 06:23 AM
    I too noticed today that it has trouble focusing in low-light conditions since the last update. I was in a very, very dark part of the building with no windows or light bulb and I had to take a photo in the dark, which took me 3 times to get it to focus right.
    11-13-18 12:13 PM
    Got the update Vodafone Spain KEY2 Silver UK. Clone works perfect with IG. On my keyboard shortcuts key I ...shortpress one IG account, long press my other IG account. Love this!
    11-13-18 04:51 PM
    I'm curious about others's camera experience with this update - daytime performance is still the same (good), but I'm doing nighttime tests this week.

System performance seems solid, as it was always for me.

Using an unlocked black KEY2.
    11-14-18 04:55 PM
    Got the update Vodafone Spain KEY2 Silver UK. Clone works perfect with IG. On my keyboard shortcuts key I ...shortpress one IG account, long press my other IG account. Love this!
    Ha! That's amazing. Thank you
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-14-18 05:49 PM
144 ... 3456