Go Sox!!!

Bob
    miketedeschi and mtalinm like this.
    10-23-18 07:22 PM
    Low light shots are still Rubbish!!! Very disappointing!!! How many more updates must we wait for??? $928 CDN phone!!! Come on boys, fix this!!!
    10-23-18 08:15 PM
    Low light shots are still Rubbish!!! Very disappointing!!! How many more updates must we wait for??? $928 CDN phone!!! Come on boys, fix this!!!
    Whats low light? How dark are we talking here...

I have no complaints with this camera.
    10-23-18 09:34 PM
    Whats low light? How dark are we talking here...

I have no complaints with this camera.
    I just took a pic of my 86yr old mom indoors, at sunset. My living room faces west and the sunset was still visible and shedding partial light through large windows. The pic overall was ok, when I zoomed in to her face, it was completely fuzzy. She was the focal point and did not move at all during capture. If you have no issues with your pics, then God bless you! Lol.
    10-23-18 10:10 PM
    Low light video is still very sketchy.
    I found it to be sketchy in broad daylight. Mine would often refocus all the time throughout the duration of the video causing a mild blur every now and then. Stabilization was non existent.
    10-23-18 10:15 PM
    I found it to be sketchy in broad daylight. Mine would often refocus all the time throughout the duration of the video causing a mild blur every now and then. Stabilization was non existent.
    Have not tried broad daylight video since updating. Will try it tomorrow and report back. Although, my previous daylight pics and videos, although not great, were acceptable. Regardless, I will report back. Cheers,
    10-23-18 10:20 PM
    Have not tried broad daylight video since updating. Will try it tomorrow and report back. Although, my previous daylight pics and videos, although not great, were acceptable. Regardless, I will report back. Cheers,
    No improvement here. Still useless as ever with the same focus issues. Seems to launch a bit faster.
    10-23-18 11:11 PM
    I just took a pic of my 86yr old mom indoors, at sunset. My living room faces west and the sunset was still visible and shedding partial light through large windows. The pic overall was ok, when I zoomed in to her face, it was completely fuzzy. She was the focal point and did not move at all during capture. If you have no issues with your pics, then God bless you! Lol.
    Exactly my main issue with the phone. The camera is F'ing terrible in anything but bright daytime shots.

Those who keep defending blackberry are the reason we got a step back, extremely mediocre/crap camera in this phone for 829CDN.

Some people seem a to have low standards for a camera in a phone in 2018. Just because the phone has a Pkb doesnt mean the pictures should be comparable to a 60 dollar prepaid phone.
    Dave Liao and Vince Liew like this.
    10-24-18 06:15 AM
    Just because the phone has a Pkb doesnt mean the pictures should be comparable to a 60 dollar prepaid phone.
    Exaggerating a little?
    V-Tom likes this.
    10-24-18 06:40 AM
    And Bluetooth still drops when used in car !!! It's been 20 years I use BBy but this phone is a mess.
    10-24-18 12:40 PM
    And Bluetooth still drops when used in car !!! It's been 20 years I use BBy but this phone is a mess.
    My Bluetooth is very stable in the car.
    10-24-18 04:20 PM
    Exactly my main issue with the phone. The camera is F'ing terrible in anything but bright daytime shots.

Those who keep defending blackberry are the reason we got a step back, extremely mediocre/crap camera in this phone for 829CDN.

Some people seem a to have low standards for a camera in a phone in 2018. Just because the phone has a Pkb doesnt mean the pictures should be comparable to a 60 dollar prepaid phone.
    For the nth time: the camera itself isn't terrible. If it was, then the Samsung S9 would have the same issues as the KEY2 has the same sensor. The problem is TCL's camera software.
    deezy87 and bobmoley like this.
    10-24-18 04:43 PM
    right, software is the problem. I expect little improvement
    10-24-18 04:55 PM
    For the nth time: the camera itself isn't terrible. If it was, then the Samsung S9 would have the same issues as the KEY2 has the same sensor. The problem is TCL's camera software.
    Ok fine, the hardware is great but the results of the pictures taken with a Key2 is crap.
    10-24-18 05:06 PM
    Ok fine, the hardware is great but the results of the pictures taken with a Key2 is crap.
    That's what I said: TCL's crappy software is to blame.
    10-24-18 05:16 PM

It annoys you when people with low standards defend the camera, but I would prefer you go buy a DSLR for your blog for the same reason. There are way more important software issues than low light selfies. The keyboard issues and wifi calling are more important in my opinion. Others mention bluetooth, thats probably a big deal for those who use it.

The camera is pretty good in most situations, and can be improved with software hopefully after they fix more important things. In some situations its very good.
    Vistaus and Smokeaire like this.
    10-24-18 05:19 PM
    This is an honest no-snark question out of curiosity. I thought Android was making the software so then wouldn't a software issue be Android? At this point, what does TCL do and what does Android do? I thought TCL was hardware and Android was software. Do I have that wrong? Thanks to anyone who can answer the question.
    10-24-18 09:24 PM
    This is an honest no-snark question out of curiosity. I thought Android was making the software so then wouldn't a software issue be Android? At this point, what does TCL do and what does Android do? I thought TCL was hardware and Android was software. Do I have that wrong? Thanks to anyone who can answer the question.
    Android provides the basic core software to BlackBerry. BlackBerry then does their kernel hardening. Both BlackBerry and TCL add their own apps and drivers, and then BlackBerry packages the whole thing and provides it to TCL for distribution.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-24-18 09:45 PM
    My Bluetooth is very stable in the car.
    Same, but that might be because I have it mounted right next to the stereo.

With regards to the camera this latest update did add noise cancellation in low-light conditions at the expense of noticeable blur even when the focus is set to the optimal length. I didn't expect the camera on this phone to be anywhere near phenomenal but its performance leaves a lot to be desired.
    bobmoley and Dave Liao like this.
    10-25-18 12:42 AM
    Same, but that might be because I have it mounted right next to the stereo.
    Zero problems with bluetooth in my car as well, and that's regardless where my phone happened to be - even in my gym bag locked in the trunk a few times.
    10-25-18 02:25 AM
    It annoys you when people with low standards defend the camera, but I would prefer you go buy a DSLR for your blog for the same reason. There are way more important software issues than low light selfies. The keyboard issues and wifi calling are more important in my opinion. Others mention bluetooth, thats probably a big deal for those who use it.

The camera is pretty good in most situations, and can be improved with software hopefully after they fix more important things. In some situations its very good.
    I'm 34 & don't have any social media. So no need for a DSLR but at 650 dollars, I expect better low light photos than a Q10. A PKB is NOT an excuse for a bit horrendous camera that only works under perfect lighting conditions. A smartphone is supposed to many things in one package. That includes a camera for a quick picture here & there with family or for some business professionals who need a "tool" for work & a great camera in their pocket when they take a vacation.
    Hphv likes this.
    10-25-18 09:27 AM
    I'm 34 & don't have any social media. So no need for a DSLR but at 650 dollars, I expect better low light photos than a Q10. A PKB is NOT an excuse for a bit horrendous camera that only works under perfect lighting conditions. A smartphone is supposed to many things in one package. That includes a camera for a quick picture here & there with family or for some business professionals who need a "tool" for work & a great camera in their pocket when they take a vacation.
    That explains a lot. I can't take your exaggeration seriously.
    10-25-18 09:54 AM
    Anyone on Rogers get this update?
    10-25-18 10:12 AM
    Anyone on Rogers get this update?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-25-18 10:52 AM
    Still on ABE181 :/

Unlocked on ATT
    10-25-18 02:32 PM
144 1234 ...