Hi all,

I unfortunately had to return my KEY2 because I had serious issues when I was in GSM only mode. Although the KEY2 showed full bars (and around -90dBm, 10ASU) in GSM / EDGE I wasn't able to receive or make any calls. After switching to 3G everyhing worked flawlessly.

So I'm looking for some users (preferably german users on T-Mobile / Congstar) who can try the following and report back.

1. Switch to GSM only mode
    2. Try to make a call
    3. Call yourself from another phone

Thanks in advance guys, I really loved the KEY2 (except for the horrible camera) and would like to buy it again, but with this issue it wouldn't make sense for me because I'm mostly in GSM mode because of bad coverage.

BTW: I'm always testing my new phones in my sunroom garden where I have very bad signal. The BlackBerry Classic has no issues whatsoever to make calls where many other phones like the KEYone and KEY2 are struggling. It's a shame that a four year old phone has so much better signal quality. I'm a very progressive guy, was always getting the latest phones, but seeing that those basic things like call quality and signal quality get worse instead of getting improved is ridiculous.

Thanks again.
    07-24-18 02:04 AM
    That makes two of us... For the same reason (apart from bluetooth, bad earphone sound etc etc etc), I have just sent back my Key2 and awaiting for a refund. Not willing to be a Guinea pig for any mobile company. Sorry BB, you've lost a loyal (almost 15 years..) customer..
    07-24-18 02:22 AM
    Great to hear I'm not the only one.

I assume you're located in Greece and also have mostly GSM coverage only, right?

EDIT: Yeeeeha! 1000 posts!!
    07-24-18 02:31 AM
    Yes indeed I am in Greece... Some times not even GSM! Dropped calls, bluetooth disconnections, and the list keeps growing... So sad as I really loved the design and the (alleged ) ease of use and multitasking!
    07-24-18 03:27 AM
    In the end it's a PHONE, so that has to work.

btw. perhaps edit the topic so non-scientists are not scared away by it
    07-24-18 09:25 AM