In google maps I am trying to navigate to a contact name. I can navigate to just about anything; for example "Navigate to Dairy Queen" works great.

But for contacts, it just does a google search for words sounding like the contact name.

From similar problems I found online it has something to do with not being able to access google contacts. Then it occured to me that BB has replaced the contacts app with its own.

Is there a solution to this problem?
    09-15-18 09:28 PM
    Check your maps settings.
    09-15-18 09:29 PM
    Could you be more specific? In maps I have "Google Contacts" enabled in Personal Content section. Do you mean something else?
    09-15-18 10:42 PM
    Could you be more specific? In maps I have "Google Contacts" enabled in Personal Content section. Do you mean something else?
    Yes, that's the one. Check your contacts app for "linked accounts"? Make sure all the relevant permissions are on?
    09-16-18 07:31 AM
    The only contacts app I have is the BB one. I don't have and linked accounts there, and I don't see any permission settings. Now, in the maps program there is a setting for linked accounts, and that is empty. (Is that a problem?)
    09-16-18 07:38 AM
    As a clue, if I install the Google Contacts app, the contacts (in google) are EMPTY. If I select view all contacts then I see all of my contacts.

I suspect somehow google maps will only work with users in Google Contacts - but I can't populate that list!

This is confusing - how do I (or should I) populate the Google Contacts list from my exchange account even though BB Contacts already lists all of my users from my exchange account
    09-16-18 08:16 AM