so, they took it a step further, and made the back, home, and apps buttons disappear.. but what a waste of screen. they could of extended the screen all the way to the keyboard... i think its silly.. they made those buttons light up, but still wasted all that space...
    06-12-18 01:10 PM
    Probably want to save cost not having to request a new batch lcd screens created for a device that won't sell many in quantity. That's why the new screen isn't any brighter than the keyone
    ikalinin and mtalinm like this.
    06-12-18 01:13 PM
    The nav button placement instead of extending the screen ruins any chance to get Android P! What a disappointment since iPhone X and Android P copied BB10 gestures.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-18 01:55 PM
    The nav button placement instead of extending the screen ruins any chance to get Android P! What a disappointment since iPhone X and Android P copied BB10 gestures.

Posted via CB10
    Meh. BB10 copied WebOS.
    06-12-18 02:08 PM
    so, they took it a step further, and made the back, home, and apps buttons disappear.. but what a waste of screen. they could of extended the screen all the way to the keyboard... i think its silly.. they made those buttons light up, but still wasted all that space...
    By removing the navigation keys and adding swipe gestures like BlackBerry 10 OS or Android P, the phone's height could have been reduced!
    06-12-18 02:19 PM
    By removing the navigation keys and adding swipe gestures like BlackBerry 10 OS or Android P, the phone's height could have been reduced!
    i dont mind the overall size of the Key1/ Key2... but the screen could be a little longer to provide a more true 16:9
    06-12-18 03:31 PM
    Posted via CB10
    It won't get the new gestures but there is nothing preventing an Android P upgrade.
    Kraeutermann and Mecca EL like this.
    06-12-18 05:20 PM
    It won't get the new gestures but there is nothing preventing an Android P upgrade.
    Isn't he purpose of Android P to get the gestures?

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-12-18 05:39 PM
    Isn't he purpose of Android P to get the gestures?
    Posted via CB10
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...ously-updated/
    06-12-18 05:48 PM
    I totally agree
    06-12-18 08:26 PM
    i dont mind the overall size of the Key1/ Key2... but the screen could be a little longer to provide a more true 16:9
    If it would be 16:9 without the capacitive buttons, it would look like this. It would be a bit too tall I think.
    Attached Thumbnails NAV buttons... common!-1419.jpg  
    rajashekar sanga likes this.
    06-12-18 08:33 PM
    I don't know how the capacitive buttonbar is implemented on KEYᵒⁿᵉ/2 (still PRIV user) but Palm Pres had a separate "gesture area" called capacitive buttonbar that was the essential part of the webOS-gesture system.

So for me it seems capacitive buttons could be used for gestures, it's just a matter of is Android P supporting this kind of buttons for gestures and/or can TCL program those,at least 3 areas, to recognise a swipe.

See what I mean in a funny voice of iPhoneX keynote overlay PalmPre video:
    btw. that all was there since 2009 not 2010

Having said this I would even more like to see those P gestures to be done on the pkb as it is build for this and has the perfect placement at the bottom. But I guess that would collide with already used BlackBerry scroll gestures which are are joke compared to what could be done with such a great area but apps have to support that too so I guess it all depends on how TCL can and is willing to implement those P-gestures on the KEY2.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06-12-18 at 11:30 PM.
    06-12-18 11:12 PM
    I just found on my oneplus 5t that it has gestures like bb10. ( swipe up from middle of the screen to go home, swipe up from left or right corner of the screen to go back.) . It is running android 8.1.0
    06-16-18 06:12 AM
    Instead BlackBerry should have included BlackBerry Toolbelt from Classic and embed the Android Navigation buttons in them(And even the Finger print scanner in Trackpad).

And give Three row keyboard like Passport!

Now at least they should relaunch the BlackBerry Passport with 4:3 aspect 5 inch screen with tool belt and three row keyboard and Stereo speakers , Better camera with OIS and Low light capabilities.
    07-19-18 01:26 PM
    :::::::: BlackBerry Passport Android 2019 ::::::::
    4:3 aspect 5 inch Amoled screen
    Tool belt with Android navigation, finger print in Trackpad
    3 row keyboard like BlackBerry Passport
    Better Cameras with OIS and Low light capabilities
    Stereo speakers
    BlackBerry Docs to go
    🤓
    07-19-18 01:29 PM
    Instead BlackBerry should have included BlackBerry Toolbelt from Classic and embed the Android Navigation buttons in them(And even the Finger print scanner in Trackpad).

And give Three row keyboard like Passport!

Now at least they should relaunch the BlackBerry Passport with 4:3 aspect 5 inch screen with tool belt and three row keyboard and Stereo speakers , Better camera with OIS and Low light capabilities.
    The tool belt would be a waste also. you already have the track pad capabilities on the keyboard and Android doesn't really need a track pad to navigate. Like others stated I agree it should've been just omitted in the first place and used a larger LCD. But it is what it is and looks like we'll have something to look forward to on the K3 if TCL is smart enough to do it.
    07-19-18 02:05 PM
    :::::::: BlackBerry Passport Android 2019 ::::::::
    4:3 aspect 5 inch Amoled screen
    Tool belt with Android navigation, finger print in Trackpad
    3 row keyboard like BlackBerry Passport
    Better Cameras with OIS and Low light capabilities
    Stereo speakers
    BlackBerry Docs to go
    ������
    The 3 row keyboard of the passport was horrendous. I don't understand why people like it so much. the mix of pkb and vkb typing was a horrible user experience.
    07-19-18 02:06 PM
    One of the things is that it will save the space for Screen real estate.
    07-19-18 02:11 PM
    the navigation buttons are a divisive issue around here haha I actually like that they're there and light up. I was confused by them when I initially got a KEYone, but they helped me get used to android, and I like having them there on my KEY2
    07-19-18 05:16 PM
    The only positive is that they make a nice black square around YouTube videos when viewed sideways
    07-19-18 05:56 PM
    Circle Nav button opens Google assistant on Key2, anyone notice? Just like regular Oreo. Hold it down a second or two.
    07-19-18 06:03 PM