Hi everyone,
    I recently got a Key2 here in China. I thought I was gonna stay put and not buy one until they released a version in HK with google services, but I took a gamble and still bought it. Here are my thoughts.

First onto Looks. This thing is SEXY. I got the silver version and the pictures that reviewers have put up do not give this thing justice. The keyboard is miles ahead of the Keyone. Typing on it just feels so natural. The matte material they chose is way better than the glossy finish for the Keyone. Overall, the entire design just feels so much more refined. Something every business person should own. -There is an LED indicator. I know a lot of people were wondering that.-

I want to put an emphasis on the weight of this Key2. It doesn't feel like a brick. When I had the Keyone my first thought was how heavy it was. Almost awkwardly heavy (maybe some people like it being heavy, but it wasn't my cup of tea after handling it for longer periods). So yeah, the weight of this device is lighter, and feels just right, thinness is also balanced quite well.

Ok, I know this may not apply to most people here in this forum. But I wanted to mention one important thing for those who want to import the Key2 from China or those who are from China and lurking around in these forums. The Keyone google services installation guide WORKS for the Key2. I did it and I have all google services up and running. downloaded a VPN and I'm using gmail and youtube like normal. the steps were very easy.

If you want me to go into more details, I can try to answer as much as I can. But I mainly wanted to say that If you were on the fence about this device, definitely go out and buy it. Just from the looks alone, it is more than a good upgrade from the Keyone.
    My thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_4801-2.jpgMy thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_5006-2.jpgMy thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_6167-2.jpg
    06-18-18 06:45 AM
    Thanks for the review!

I've actually been considering a Chinese device because of its lack of Google Play. But my follow-on concern is whatever the Chinese government mandates to be installed on it.

What sort of applications/background services are running on a Chinese Key2? And can these apps be deleted, or only disabled?

Thanks
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-18-18 07:02 AM
    Thanks for the review!

I've actually been considering a Chinese device because of its lack of Google Play. But my follow-on concern is whatever the Chinese government mandates to be installed on it.

What sort of applications/background services are running on a Chinese Key2? And can these apps be deleted, or only disabled?

Thanks
    If you’re connected to carrier and/or internet with any device, you’re sharing information about your electronic persona. I’d trust ANY corporation more than ANY government.
    06-18-18 07:18 AM
    Silver is definitely the way to go for the KEY2. Hopefully I get my hands on one within the next 30 days.
    06-18-18 07:46 AM
    Thanks for the review!

Thanks
    On from what I can see, there are just some bloatware apps that were installed. They are very China specific. Like we hat and alipay and netease music, most of which I use on a regular basis. There's only one app from what I can tell that can't be completely deleted. Which is WPS office. The Chinese version of Microsoft Office. Other than that, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
    06-18-18 07:47 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I recently got a Key2 here in China. I thought I was gonna stay put and not buy one until they released a version in HK with google services, but I took a gamble and still bought it. Here are my thoughts.

First onto Looks. This thing is SEXY. I got the silver version and the pictures that reviewers have put up do not give this thing justice. The keyboard is miles ahead of the Keyone. Typing on it just feels so natural. The matte material they chose is way better than the glossy finish for the Keyone. Overall, the entire design just feels so much more refined. Something every business person should own. -There is an LED indicator. I know a lot of people were wondering that.-

I want to put an emphasis on the weight of this Key2. It doesn't feel like a brick. When I had the Keyone my first thought was how heavy it was. Almost awkwardly heavy (maybe some people like it being heavy, but it wasn't my cup of tea after handling it for longer periods). So yeah, the weight of this device is lighter, and feels just right, thinness is also balanced quite well.

Ok, I know this may not apply to most people here in this forum. But I wanted to mention one important thing for those who want to import the Key2 from China or those who are from China and lurking around in these forums. The Keyone google services installation guide WORKS for the Key2. I did it and I have all google services up and running. downloaded a VPN and I'm using gmail and youtube like normal. the steps were very easy.

If you want me to go into more details, I can try to answer as much as I can. But I mainly wanted to say that If you were on the fence about this device, definitely go out and buy it. Just from the looks alone, it is more than a good upgrade from the Keyone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4801 2.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	199.8 KB 
ID:	437006Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5006 2.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	437007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6167 2.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	221.8 KB 
ID:	437008
    What is the battery life compared to the keyone? Is it as good?
    06-18-18 07:57 AM
    I just got the phone today. So I haven't used it long enough to report on the battery life. I will have to get back to you on that one.
    06-18-18 07:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

Hi there, can you share the steps to install Google playstore and play services on the China model?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-18-18 10:22 AM
    how is the camera ,?
    06-18-18 10:47 AM
    Hi there, can you share the steps to install Google playstore and play services on the China model?

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my BBB100-7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Yea I can try to help. I found the steps on a site called berrylink.cn I think they're legit cuz they were invited to speak at the unveil event in Beijing. The site is all in Chinese though. I guess you could message me. I'll try my best to help.
    06-18-18 11:18 AM
    I just got the phone today. So I haven't used it long enough to report on the battery life. I will have to get back to you on that one.
    Are you aware of where you are? This is the CB forums, a magical place where people report better (or worse) battery performance within an hour of installing monthly security updates.
    06-18-18 11:27 AM
    how is the camera ,?
    Front facing camera still has that grainy quality. Back camera still has that "blackberry" photo color. I dunno if you know what I mean. But there's a distinct color to pictures you take with a blackberry. Overall the back camera probably has some minor improvements but not really noticeable to me. But I'm not a camera expert. I will only use this as a backup phone since it allows dual Sims. So camera is not a priority for me here.
    06-18-18 11:37 AM
    The Keyone google services installation guide WORKS for the Key2.
    Including running the APK? I saw the guide on Berrylink and was a bit wary of the source of that APK.
    06-18-18 11:43 AM
    Including running the APK? I saw the guide on Berrylink and was a bit wary of the source of that APK.
    I was wary as well. But blackberry invited them ON stage to speak during the press event. I doubt tcl would let a no name hacker to be on stage like that. So although I can't speak for berrylink, I do put a little faith in tcl
    06-18-18 11:50 AM
    show us some sample of low light pictures
    06-18-18 01:34 PM
    Please, OP, if you would be so kind.
    06-18-18 05:22 PM
    Are you aware of where you are? This is the CB forums, a magical place where people report better (or worse) battery performance within an hour of installing monthly security updates.
    Hahahahahahahaha
    06-18-18 10:51 PM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your update, I will wait for HK version.
    Hope that there is silver version with dual sim
    One quick question, will the virtual KB pops out when typing Chinese using Google Cantonese input?
    06-19-18 12:09 AM
    Thanks for your update, I will wait for HK version.
    Hope that there is silver version with dual sim
    One quick question, will the virtual KB pops out when typing Chinese using Google Cantonese input?
    There should be a toggle in the keyboard selection menu to display the keyboard even if a hardware keyboard is present. Thus you can keep the board displayed, e.g. for handwriting. This is the way in Marshmallow and I don't think it's different in Nougat or Oreo.

This is however broken with Gboard Cantonese, it no longer takes PKB input into Chinese Phonetic. Have to use the older Google Cantonese.
    06-19-18 07:58 AM
    I only use it with simplified Chinese. nothing pops up other than word suggestions. Sorry can't be more of a help.
    06-19-18 08:34 AM
    here you go. Sorry if these are bad quality. it's just the view outside my window. no tweaked setting.My thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_20180619_2135317.jpgMy thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_20180619_2135539.jpgMy thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-img_20180619_2136025.jpg
    06-19-18 08:43 AM
    where did you buy it anyways, I do not want Google on my phone at well
    06-19-18 09:12 AM
    where did you buy it anyways, I do not want Google on my phone at well
    http://search.jd.com/Search?keyword=...4e83af85bc490a
    06-19-18 10:07 AM
    Do they ship internationally?
    06-19-18 10:26 AM
    I only use it with simplified Chinese. nothing pops up other than word suggestions. Sorry can't be more of a help.
    Does that black bar stay there if you install a different launcher? This bugs me the most, can they hide the bar in the future with an update now that the buttons are no longer physical or it's just a gimmick and the light just turns off but that black strip remains there forever.
    06-19-18 12:34 PM
64 123