Thanks for the post OP!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-18 01:11 PM
    where did you buy it anyways, I do not want Google on my phone at well
    But you’re ok with Android?
    06-19-18 02:23 PM
    This is the black version,
    Attached Thumbnails My thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-7874.jpg  
    06-19-18 08:54 PM
    This is the black version,
    Attached Thumbnails My thoughts on the KEY2: Chinese version + google services-7875.jpg  
    06-19-18 08:54 PM
    Thanks OP for your efforts!
    06-19-18 09:22 PM
    Thanks for your update, I will wait for HK version.
    Hope that there is silver version with dual sim
    One quick question, will the virtual KB pops out when typing Chinese using Google Cantonese input?
    So I played around with the keyboard. When you don't type anything and swipe down on the pkb, you can rotate between the virtual keyboard. So yes the vkb can pop up.
    06-19-18 09:30 PM
    Hi OP, there are some early reports about the swipe up gesture for the PKB (to use the suggested text) while typing are kinda hit and missed. Do you encounter the same issue?
    06-19-18 11:12 PM
    Is the keyboard app a blackberry app or standard android keyboard variation. I love how BB10 correction works vs how it works on other mobile OS.

Does it feel up to classic blackberry quality or like junk?

I'm late to the show and have been using a blackberry classic for a week, and I'm in love. If it could run all modern android apps I would never own another phone.
    06-24-18 10:35 AM
    If you don't mind, could you try a fingerprint scanner navigation app, and tell us if the fingerprint scanner will allow navigation over using the built in nav buttons.
    06-24-18 10:37 AM
    Is the keyboard app a blackberry app or standard android keyboard variation. I love how BB10 correction works vs how it works on other mobile OS.

Does it feel up to classic blackberry quality or like junk?

I'm late to the show and have been using a blackberry classic for a week, and I'm in love. If it could run all modern android apps I would never own another phone.
    The keyboard app is made by BlackBerry. I've been using this app since the PRIV. I can say it definitely has gotten a lot better through updates. I remember way back when the keyboard didn't even support Chinese. I do prefer this keyboard over the android keyboard made by Google. It has added functions that works quite well the the pkb. The quality of the keyboard itself is really great. I had a classic before. I thought that one was better than both the PRIV and ketone. However I'd like to say that this keyboard on the key2 tops even the classic. It feels nice and clicky and the buttons are very large so you actually never make any mistakes typing on this. It's very satisfying typing on this thing. I usually try to find reasons just so that I can use this thing more.
    06-24-18 12:10 PM
    The keyboard app is made by BlackBerry. I've been using this app since the PRIV. I can say it definitely has gotten a lot better through updates. I remember way back when the keyboard didn't even support Chinese. I do prefer this keyboard over the android keyboard made by Google. It has added functions that works quite well the the pkb. The quality of the keyboard itself is really great. I had a classic before. I thought that one was better than both the PRIV and ketone. However I'd like to say that this keyboard on the key2 tops even the classic. It feels nice and clicky and the buttons are very large so you actually never make any mistakes typing on this. It's very satisfying typing on this thing. I usually try to find reasons just so that I can use this thing more.
    Thx for your review. Are you able to compare the keys compared to key one? I've always felt key one keys were too hard to press. Makes typing fast tiring after awhile. Are key two keys softer and easier to press? I hope so!

BTW is China k2 dual sim? Thx!
    06-25-18 08:56 AM
    Thx for your review. Are you able to compare the keys compared to key one? I've always felt key one keys were too hard to press. Makes typing fast tiring after awhile. Are key two keys softer and easier to press? I hope so!

BTW is China k2 dual sim? Thx!
    I think the keys are a bit firmer than the keyone. But the keys also have a larger surface area. So it's much easier to type on. I don't know what your preferences are . I would say if you can get to a store to try this out definitely do. But to me it's a large improvement over the keyone.

Yes. Chinese version is indeed dual sim.
    06-25-18 09:04 PM
    Thanks so much for the info! BTW where in China did you get it? I'm flying to Beijing this weekend might pick one up if its availavle... Thx
    06-26-18 01:08 AM
    On from what I can see, there are just some bloatware apps that were installed. They are very China specific. Like we hat and alipay and netease music, most of which I use on a regular basis. There's only one app from what I can tell that can't be completely deleted. Which is WPS office. The Chinese version of Microsoft Office. Other than that, I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
    So with no Google Play Services on the phone, what sort of errors do the BB apps get?

For example, on my Keyone/Priv with Google Play Services disabled, DTEK and Password Keeper give me "Google Play Services need to be installed for this app to work" type of errors.

Does that occur on the Chinese version also?

Any chance you can install Netguard Firewall onto your phone to monitor what sort of connections the system is trying to make? My hope is that it isn't making any attempts to contact google, but more importantly, that it doesn't have any hidden connections being made back to servers other than Qualcomm (GPS) and TCL (updates).

Thanks!
    06-26-18 06:38 AM
    So with no Google Play Services on the phone, what sort of errors do the BB apps get?

For example, on my Keyone/Priv with Google Play Services disabled, DTEK and Password Keeper give me "Google Play Services need to be installed for this app to work" type of errors.

Does that occur on the Chinese version also?

Any chance you can install Netguard Firewall onto your phone to monitor what sort of connections the system is trying to make? My hope is that it isn't making any attempts to contact google, but more importantly, that it doesn't have any hidden connections being made back to servers other than Qualcomm (GPS) and TCL (updates).

Thanks!
    The phone doesn't have any Google services installed. Blackberry apps are optimized to still work without any Google error messages. Unless you want to install Google yourself, that is. There shouldn't be any connections to the Google servers. Google is completely blocked in China. Nothing works without a vpn.
    06-26-18 10:19 AM
    Thanks so much for the info! BTW where in China did you get it? I'm flying to Beijing this weekend might pick one up if its availavle... Thx
    Got mine on taobao. Picked it up in Beijing. I know the guy. I've bought from him before. But I still used taobao because my money is safe on the platform.
    06-26-18 10:21 AM
    any low light pictures?
    06-26-18 10:56 AM
    So what is the first boot process like for an android phone with no google installed? Are there different applications or systems that are looking for login info of some sort? Like maybe the chinese version of a google play type store?

If there is a Chinese app store of some kind - can is be completely deleted, or only disabled (like the WPS you mentioned in an earlier post)?
    06-26-18 04:46 PM
    So what is the first boot process like for an android phone with no google installed? Are there different applications or systems that are looking for login info of some sort? Like maybe the chinese version of a google play type store?

If there is a Chinese app store of some kind - can is be completely deleted, or only disabled (like the WPS you mentioned in an earlier post)?
    You can set up the phone without an account. Or add a blackberry mobile account. No other services. There is an app store icon with a blackberry logo on it. It's just a generic store icon, pretty sure it just connects to Baidu or tencent store. It cannot be deleted just disabled. The steps are simpler than setting up an android phone with Google services cuz you're not connecting to Google servers to validate anything
    06-26-18 10:04 PM
    Got mine on taobao. Picked it up in Beijing. I know the guy. I've bought from him before. But I still used taobao because my money is safe on the platform.
    Do you mind sharing the contact. Of. The guy? I hope to pick one up physical in Beijing if possible. Thx!
    06-27-18 01:13 AM
    For users who have done this "side loading" of Google into the Chinese version of the phone..any feedback on the stability? Is it true that once you reset the phone you will have to install Google again?
    07-02-18 09:50 AM
    国行 KEYone 终于能使用谷歌服务!(GMS)黑莓keyone GMS包下载-黑莓手机爱好者
    do you know who developed/released this google-service-installer-mercury?
    can we trust this author?
    AFAIK most things from the download link are unsafe (pan.baidu.com).
    09-12-18 04:09 AM
    I got a china version and installed google. has a anyone been able to get password manager to work and be able to 'backup' the data to Google Drive? the option doesn't appear in the settings page
    09-13-18 07:23 AM
    Hi, thank you for your review.
    I have desperate trying to install google services on my chinese key2 with the link from berrylink and never succeed.

Can you help me on this?
    Thanks in advance
    09-14-18 11:15 PM
    Bought Key2 from Gearbest (International Version) and been using it for several days without problems. It came with GSM apps and services installed.

However I had to reset my blackberry key2 and lost GMS software (Google apps and services)

They send a guide to install GSM again if needed but the link they send does not work (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6...VZrbWRyOGJJXzg)

My Android version is Android 8.1.0 and version is "ABE181"

Can you please help me? I can't use the Phone without Google apps.

Ty
    Diana
    09-16-18 08:26 AM
64 123