My thought after using Key2 for one month

I am a long time BB user and just swtich to Key 2 a month ago from OnePlus 5. Be honest, I am disappointed on spending this amount of money to buy this "Flagship" BB phone and I going to switch back to OnePlus 5.

Pros:
    1. The camera is ok, not as bad as Unbox therapy said, I have took some good photos too (p.s. But you have to got steady hand on low light suitation)
    2. Battery life is awesome, no need to charge it anytime within one day even heavly used.
    3. The BB physical keyboard is fantastic, reminds me the great moment with old BB.
    p.s. Like other users mentioned before, the spacebar got different feeling / texture compare with other key which feels a bit loose

Cons:
    1. Like many other users said, the screen brightness is too dim and not good for using the phone outdoor.
    2. The BB keyboard swipe up function is very laggy (especially the middle part). I have not experience the same problem on Priv or other BB10 devices.
    3. I am very unhappy about the video capture function after zoom in, the video is always blurring and out of focus all the time which is totally unacceptable for a phone in 2018. If it can't be fixed, I just rather you don't allow user to zoom in during recording video.
    4. I have use a protective case from day 1 and I never drop the phone but I have not idea why the black coating on the right side peel off. (See attached photos). It is disappointing if it is Blackberry's quality right now, as I never use a phone case for all my previous BBs and never got this happens.

p.s. The screen is a bit too small for me, I think it will be great if they can solve all above problems and make a bigger screen (e.g. 5" or 5.5") then I will consider to switch back to BB
    Attached Thumbnails My thoughts after using KEY2 for one month-307619.jpg  
    Tech Idiot and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    09-11-18 08:46 PM
    My thought after using Key2 for one month

2. The BB keyboard swipe up function is very laggy (especially the middle part). I have not experience the same problem on Priv or other BB10 devices.
    I wonder what the keyboard cost... it's clear they made a change from the KEYone, and with the KEY2 LE they dropped this feature completely.

I suggest that you also post your results where ever you bought your phone.
    09-12-18 08:01 AM
    Ouch! Wait for someone to excuse the paint coming off as an acceptable trade off for a pkb.
    09-12-18 08:16 AM
    Ouch! Wait for someone to excuse the paint coming off as an acceptable trade off for a pkb.
    My thoughts after using KEY2 for one month-screenshot_20180912-122216.jpg
    09-12-18 08:34 AM
    Chemical reaction due to cheap cover used with the phone.....

If a year from now we have hundreds of users with peeling paint... that means something. One or two people with an issue, falls within the areas of statically normal failures.

That said... I don't remember the QC issues showing up for the Z10, PlayBook, 9650 or Storm.
    09-12-18 08:35 AM
    Haha!
    09-12-18 08:45 AM
    Chemical reaction due to cheap cover used with the phone.....

If a year from now we have hundreds of users with peeling paint... that means something. One or two people with an issue, falls within the areas of statically normal failures.

That said... I don't remember the QC issues showing up for the Z10, PlayBook, 9650 or Storm.
    Actually that part is not covered by the phone case. So, I have no idea why it peel off such easily.
    09-12-18 08:46 AM
    Maybe before Key2, I already use quite a few phones without PKB (Priv, DTEK60, 1+5), so I am sort of used to the virtual KB although it is still not as fast as PKB .
    The overall performance for Key2 are not as good as other phone, so I have no choice but to sacrifice the PKB and choice the others.
    Last edited by nick903; 09-12-18 at 10:18 PM.
    09-12-18 08:56 AM
    Wow, that peeling sucks. I have had the black version since mid-July, I rarely use a case, and am not seeing anything like that. Still good as new.

Guessing you're not within your return period? I almost think that should be covered by warranty. Seems defective.
    anon(9188202) and nick903 like this.
    09-12-18 09:26 AM
    Wow, that peeling sucks. I have had the black version since mid-July, I rarely use a case, and am not seeing anything like that. Still good as new.

Guessing you're not within your return period? I almost think that should be covered by warranty. Seems defective.
    Agree. Even if you do switch to another device, your KEY2 should be returned under warranty.
    nick903 likes this.
    09-12-18 09:58 PM
    I'm enjoying my Key2 so far.
    09-16-18 10:38 PM
    Why do folks use therm "flagship" phone? If it was meant to be a "flagship" it would north of $1,000 USD.
    09-16-18 11:38 PM
    Why do folks use therm "flagship" phone? If it was meant to be a "flagship" it would north of $1,000 USD.
    It's BlackBerry's flagship phone - as long as we all agree with what the word means!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-18 12:01 AM
    TCL makes the highest rated TVs, based on value, in the US.

Build quality on my KEYs have been excellent as well.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b61c8d7dc5.jpg
    Maybe you are correct. But I think it should be different service policy between US and China. TCL almost lost all of market share of television in China because of quality control and bad service.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    09-17-18 02:25 AM
    Maybe you are correct. But I think it should be different service policy between US and China. TCL almost lost all of market share of television in China because of quality control and bad service.

Blackberry Passport silver edit 10.3.3 2137
    I’d take paint chip over “no svc” issue reported on Passports that was never really addressed.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-17-18 06:11 AM
    I’d take paint chip over “no svc” issue reported on Passports that was never really addressed.
    What?? The almighty Passport had issues? As in, something made by man wasn't perfect??
    09-17-18 06:14 AM