Hello, I brought a Blackberry Key2 and I've been having on and off problems with the camera since using it.

I've looked online and tried everything I could see that anyone with similar issues suggested. I tried doing a hard reset, using safe mode, allowing all apps camera access, downloading different camera apps, using a SIM card and not using a SIM card (at first I thought that maybe the SIM card I put in was causing the issue, but I removed it and the camera worked for a few hours before giving me an error message), and I still keep getting the message "camera unavailable" when clicking on it. Sometimes the camera comes up as just black. Occasionally it works, but not often and not for very long.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Thanks
    01-22-22 04:35 PM
    Hello, I brought a Blackberry Key2 and I've been having on and off problems with the camera since using it.

I've looked online and tried everything I could see that anyone with similar issues suggested. I tried doing a hard reset, using safe mode, allowing all apps camera access, downloading different camera apps, using a SIM card and not using a SIM card (at first I thought that maybe the SIM card I put in was causing the issue, but I removed it and the camera worked for a few hours before giving me an error message), and I still keep getting the message "camera unavailable" when clicking on it. Sometimes the camera comes up as just black. Occasionally it works, but not often and not for very long.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it? Thanks
    You can try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you likely have a hardware fault.
    01-22-22 06:46 PM

Does the selfie camera still work?
    01-22-22 08:37 PM
    You can try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, you likely have a hardware fault.
    I tried a factory reset and it didn't do anything unfortunately :/ do you think if I took it to a repair place that they could do something?
    01-23-22 03:35 AM
    Does the selfie camera still work?
    No :/ it won't even let me go on the camera, most of the time, to try either of them.
    01-23-22 03:36 AM
    No :/ it won't even let me go on the camera, most of the time, to try either of them.
    If you take it to a repair shop they should be able to troubleshoot. Likely the camera module is halfway unplugged.
    01-23-22 06:10 AM
    If you take it to a repair shop they should be able to troubleshoot. Likely the camera module is halfway unplugged.
    Thank you for the advise!
    01-23-22 06:49 AM
    Try deleting the camera storage and cache memory and doing a forced stop. restart/32s reboot and see if that fixes it. Also, remove any external memory card you may have; card could be faulty. should not be hardware as you indicated it worked for a qhile, if it was hardware then it would never have worked.
    01-23-22 08:24 AM
    should not be hardware as you indicated it worked for a qhile, if it was hardware then it would never have worked.
    Hardware can fail.

Also, the factory reset would have taken care of any software issue.
    01-23-22 08:30 AM
    Try deleting the camera storage and cache memory and doing a forced stop. restart/32s reboot and see if that fixes it. Also, remove any external memory card you may have; card could be faulty. should not be hardware as you indicated it worked for a qhile, if it was hardware then it would never have worked.
    I had this same problem a while ago and this worked for me--I did it on a whim before I sent it away for service and everything immediately cleared up. Force-stopping the camera app seemed to be the key, but I did all the other things as well.
    01-23-22 02:53 PM
    Did you have success with this? I'm having the same problem.
    05-29-22 09:21 PM
    Did you have success with this? I'm having the same problem.
    Have you tried any of the suggestions?
    Last edited by Yamahammer; 05-29-22 at 10:27 PM.
    05-29-22 09:54 PM
    yes I've tried everything except a factory reset. Which I will do if there is no easy solution.
    05-30-22 05:38 PM
    yes I've tried everything except a factory reset. Which I will do if there is no easy solution.
    Well down to two options, factory reset or open it up and check the cable connections.
    05-30-22 08:58 PM
    I've seen something similar in another type of phone. Turned out that it was a substandard SD card but you have probably already checked that or replaced.
    05-30-22 09:32 PM