For some reason it has gotten very, very, very, very slow. So much so that it is almost unusable. I moved to my backup Key2 thinking a OS rebuild would be needed. But my backup got slow too. I am rebooting several times a day. It helps for a very short time. Any ideas on where to diagnose?

Thanks!
    12-05-19 05:20 PM
    For some reason it has gotten very, very, very, very slow. So much so that it is almost unusable. I moved to my backup Key2 thinking a OS rebuild would be needed. But my backup got slow too. I am rebooting several times a day. It helps for a very short time. Any ideas on where to diagnose?

Thanks!
    Did you clear the cache of the main used apps?
    12-05-19 05:53 PM
    I did try that before moving to a completely different Key 2
    12-05-19 07:59 PM
    I did try that before moving to a completely different Key 2
    The KEY² just flies - not sure what you're doing to cause BOTH your KEY² devices to become slow as molasses.

You've got at least 5GB of free main device storage?
    12-05-19 09:59 PM
    I haven't had a BB since the Priv, my Samsung S8 is almost 2 years old and I'm planning to upgrade to Key 2, unless there's a release for Key 3 (or whatever). I find that although it does have decent battery life it will become very slow as soon as you have more than 2 apps running. Frequent reboots are the key, unless you have a device with a high amount of RAM or something.

The trend is to overuse your device. If I just use my S8 for Corporate email and conference calls I'm good. If I run Twitter, YouTube, start using it for photos or video or something, it's going to kill the processor and battery. It's just the way technology works. The device doesn't matter, it's the user that's the problem.

Yeah we will continue to get devices with more functionality and more bandwidth etc. But are we better off? No, because we will also become more demanding.

My 1st device was a RIM-950. It was much better than any device on the market today. Why? Because I could leave the office on an appointment and access and/or reply to emails. When I got back to the office, I had nothing to do since I had already done it. I had a phone that never rang because I was constantly connected via email. It was the greatest thing ever.

It's all about perspective.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-06-19 10:00 AM
    OK. I think I found it. This is now the 2nd time I have seen this. The SD card is causing the slowdown. Once it was removed I am back to normal speed.

I am not sure if BB eats SD cards or maybe the Samsung cards are poorly made. Maybe I should try another brand?

Thanks!
    12-06-19 11:02 AM
    My 1st device was a RIM-950. It was much better than any device on the market today. Why? Because I could leave the office on an appointment and access and/or reply to emails. When I got back to the office, I had nothing to do since I had already done it. I had a phone that never rang because I was constantly connected via email. It was the greatest thing ever.
    Which of those things is a modern device not capable of doing??

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    12-06-19 12:27 PM
    The KEY² just flies - not sure what you're doing to cause BOTH your KEY² devices to become slow as molasses.

You've got at least 5GB of free main device storage?
    I wonder if it could be a bad app that's chugging RAM
    12-06-19 12:36 PM
    OK. I think I found it. This is now the 2nd time I have seen this. The SD card is causing the slowdown. Once it was removed I am back to normal speed.

I am not sure if BB eats SD cards or maybe the Samsung cards are poorly made. Maybe I should try another brand?

Thanks!
    i had this issue before, probably need to reformat the card, in my case, it was dying so i just removed it completely.
    12-06-19 12:56 PM
    i experience similar slowdown months back...and i found the issue cause by a. internal memory less than 5% free and b. my microsd is defective, it wont save new data

apparently when the microsd went defective, all saving (ie photo, video, etc) went to the internal memory causing the storage shortage.
    12-07-19 05:00 AM

Thanks!
    Apart from the possibility of SD card issues and I doubt it.

The most likely problem other than failing to clear the cache files, is the thumbnails databases tend to get enlarged with a lot of white space and as a consequence they are quite heavily fragmented and not easy to read for the operating system it's a good idea to periodically clear the thumbnail cache.
    /DCIM/.thumbnails
    12-07-19 06:18 AM