Did you by any chance break the pin connector on the motherboard on the white wire? Something doesn't look right in your picture. Looks like a solder ball. That wire is two conductor btw. Attachment 446869
    Pin connector connection is broken on both the wires.
    12-02-19 05:32 AM
    @babugaru1 Sorry that I have to say the following but I hope you understand why I say it.

When you come here asking for help it would be in your best interest to divulge all of the issues that you are facing. There are many of us that take the time to help and spend hours researching in order to help you.

In the last month you have had problems with keyboard capacitive scrolling, USB issues, keyboard backlight issues and all of a sudden it is now divulged that you have camera and battery issues. If you had said that in the first place I would have recommended that you throw the phone in the trash bin.

You are wasting people's time and effort.

So one last go.... What exactly are all of the problems you are having with your phone?
    What are you talking man. Why should I throw my phone to a trash bin when I can still use it?

While I appreciate all your support and invaluable time, I would like to ask you to kindly get out of this thread if you think you can't contribute your time.

Who are you to ask me to throw my phone into a trash bin?

I have already opened a thread around a month back about battery drain issue. Battery charges and discharges quickly. That should not be a major issue but I need to charge once in a day instead of charging once in every two days. But full charging time is reduced by half and hence this was not a big problem.

USB issue got resolved and I posted an update in the same thread. I have successfully flashed autoloader.

Capacitive touch is not a must have functionality for me but good to have. I can live without that.

Back camera is working fine and I don't take selfies. So, I also don't bother much front camera issue.

Keyboard back-light is the only major issue for me at this point as I can't type at the night time.

So, opened this thread for the same problem.
    Last edited by babugaru1; 12-02-19 at 06:47 AM.
    12-02-19 06:20 AM
    At this point, it sounds like you’ve really damaged your phone. The best thing would be to have a professional repair evaluation done. Unfortunately, there can be other issues that haven’t shown yet but will later.

There have been some Key2 tear downs posted here on thread. Let everyone here know what the repair shop lists as necessary. At this point, BB Optiemus version hardware may be cheaper and more reliable purchased new instead of keep throwing money and time away on damaged phone with hidden damage.
    12-02-19 06:45 AM
    At this point, it sounds like you’ve really damaged your phone. The best thing would be to have a professional repair evaluation done. Unfortunately, there can be other issues that haven’t shown yet but will later.

There have been some Key2 tear downs posted here on thread. Let everyone here know what the repair shop lists as necessary. At this point, BB Optiemus version hardware may be cheaper and more reliable purchased new instead of keep throwing money and time away on damaged phone with hidden damage.
    Okay thanks for your advice.. full health check up can't be done unfortunately as no service centre available here.

I will just use in the current condition as long as it works

Posted via CB10
    12-02-19 09:47 AM
    Okay thanks for your advice.. full health check up can't be done unfortunately as no service centre available here.

Posted via CB10
    You don’t need a service center. Just go to any repair shop for testing. When all the service centers shutdown, I would expect some opened general phone repair shops.
    12-02-19 10:34 AM
    Honestly at this point, if I were you I would either sell that KEY2 on eBay as "for parts" and use the money towards another KEY2 or even an LE.

Or, buy another KEY2 if your budget allows for it and keep the damaged one as a backup phone or to use its parts towards the better working KEY2 if ever needed in the future.
    anon(10622733) likes this.
    12-02-19 10:53 AM
    Pin connector connection is broken on both the wires.
    You can't fix that yourself. How is your mobile reception?
    12-02-19 01:26 PM
    I'm not able to recollect if it was working or not. Not able to recollect if this issue has just started happening since Keybaord replacement.
    So you never used your phone in the night until this weekend?
    12-02-19 01:41 PM
    Here's a good read about the Key2 antenna wires.... horror story.

https://toolsandtech.ca/2019/07/16/h...all-have-them/
    12-02-19 02:40 PM
    You all just need to stop posting. You see a post that is against the rules report it and how about NOT posting a complaint in the open forum that just means we have more to clean up. Otherwise move on. I can easily award points to all involved for the back and forth that I just deleted and will start doing that if you cant control yourself.
    12-02-19 05:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    That sounds like a good idea.
    12-03-19 02:01 AM
    The sockets for the antenna wires are very delicate on the key2. I watched a tear down video which even warned about this and still ended up ripping the socket of the board when trying to disconnect the wire when swapping out my battery.

Now my key2 has very spotty Cell coverage. WiFi works well even with both antenna wires not in so these appear to only impact the cell radio from what I can tell.
    12-03-19 12:43 PM
    The sockets for the antenna wires are very delicate on the key2. I watched a tear down video which even warned about this and still ended up ripping the socket of the board when trying to disconnect the wire when swapping out my battery.

Now my key2 has very spotty Cell coverage. WiFi works well even with both antenna wires not in so these appear to only impact the cell radio from what I can tell.
    You and Babugaru should just share Key2 parts and make one good Frankenstein device .
    bbfanfan likes this.
    12-03-19 12:45 PM
    You and Babugaru should just share Key2 parts and make one good Frankenstein device .
    Two bad "parts" won't equal on good phone....

Guess OP must have had to get the KEY2 back from his brother, I assume the Classic that took a dunk a few weeks ago stopped working.... but then the KEY2 took a bad fall. Way too much drama.

Hope he got a Life-proof case or the Honor 7x he just got.
    12-03-19 02:13 PM
    Two bad "parts" won't equal on good phone....

Guess OP must have had to get the KEY2 back from his brother, I assume the Classic that took a dunk a few weeks ago stopped working.... but then the KEY2 took a bad fall. Way too much drama.

Hope he got a Life-proof case or the Honor 7x he just got.
    Don't worry too much! My classic is still functional without any issues. Key2 is also fine.

Classic is magic!
    12-03-19 10:09 PM
    Nah I just moved my line to another device and now connect my Key2 via hotspot from the other phone.

I couldn't see dripping another $529 on a Key2 at this point. I will use my Key2 on Wi-Fi only for know if not news of Key3 by MWC I think the era will finally be over.
    12-03-19 10:22 PM
    Nah I just moved my line to another device and now connect my Key2 via hotspot from the other phone.

I couldn't see dripping another $529 on a Key2 at this point. I will use my Key2 on Wi-Fi only for know if not news of Key3 by MWC I think the era will finally be over.
    I hope the other phone has a big battery because having hotspot enabled all day will drain it quite rapidly.
    12-03-19 10:48 PM
    Don't worry too much! My classic is still functional without any issues. Key2 is also fine.

Classic is magic!
    This is good news! So no more issues with the Key2, good job!
    12-03-19 11:35 PM

Classic is magic!
    That’s awesome. So what ended up being the solutions for each devices problems?
    12-04-19 07:10 AM
    I guess he is happy with both his handsets so never came back !
    04-23-21 01:29 PM
    My Key2 problems when compared to the great Passport: Key2 design flaws- 1.) Sim card and SD card in same slot, so if you want to swap out the sd card you have to pull out the sim card also. The Passport had two different slots for each one. 2.) Number pad on Key2 to can only accessed by using the alt button. Not so with the Passport. Defective problem: Best Buy sold me a Key2 phone with no hotspot software installed, when I contacted Blackberry customer service they accused me of dropping the phone and said it is a hardware issue which probably caused the removal of the hotspot and said that I have to send the phone for repair and I will have to pay. I have never dropped this phone and I have not been able to use the phone consistently because of different issues. Well I have NO intention of paying for anything. In fact because I have had so many problems with the Key2 this is probably my last Blackberry phone after using the Passport for 6+ years. I know Onward Mobility is coming out with a new Blackberry, but as long as its an Android, its just not the same phone as a BB10. A real Blackberry phone is more than the keyboard.
    05-09-21 07:13 PM
    My Key2 problems when compared to the great Passport: Key2 design flaws- 1.) Sim card and SD card in same slot, so if you want to swap out the sd card you have to pull out the sim card also. The Passport had two different slots for each one. 2.) Number pad on Key2 to can only accessed by using the alt button. Not so with the Passport. Defective problem: Best Buy sold me a Key2 phone with no hotspot software installed, when I contacted Blackberry customer service they accused me of dropping the phone and said it is a hardware issue which probably caused the removal of the hotspot and said that I have to send the phone for repair and I will have to pay. I have never dropped this phone and I have not been able to use the phone consistently because of different issues. Well I have NO intention of paying for anything. In fact because I have had so many problems with the Key2 this is probably my last Blackberry phone after using the Passport for 6+ years. I know Onward Mobility is coming out with a new Blackberry, but as long as its an Android, its just not the same phone as a BB10. A real Blackberry phone is more than the keyboard.
    1- All phones are designed this way now. Besides, what difference does it make if your SIM is disconnected for 20 seconds once in a blue moon?
    2- Every BlackBerry keyboard going back 15 years is like this - only the Passport had only 3 physical rows, necessitating a virtual row of keys.

Did you ever try a factory reset? Running an autoloader?
    05-10-21 08:29 AM
    Send me a PM if you want to get rid of it…..
    05-10-21 08:34 AM
    Yeah some said much the same about eight years ago.... A real BlackBerry was BBOS with BIS/BES. Which is why most didn't buy into BB10 and it flopped so badly.

1) Most all phones use the dual SIM/SD card slot design... it's not a flaw.
    2) Passport was the only PKB that worked like this.
    3) Hotspot is a carrier enable feature... YOU bought a phone that wasn't supported by YOUR Carrier of choice (AT&T).

In the end, BlackBerry moved on almost five years ago... they really don't care if you use your Passport or buy an iPhone (like they have).
    05-10-21 08:42 AM
49 12