Well, it only took four weeks for my Key2 to die. Gotta admit that I loved the phone for the little time I had it for. The battery was great, the keyboard was everything I had hoped for and the overall performance was everything I had prayed it would be (I only use my phone for productive items, which it is the perfect phone for). Then, out of no where, tragedy struck. I took my phone off the charger, sent a text, set it down to grab my wallet in the other room, came back and tried to light the screen up and nothing happened. I could still see the notification light blinking, but the screen wouldn't light up, didn't matter if I double tapped the screen or hit the power button. Then I tried the finger print scanner, and nothing, no vibrate telling me I missed the mark, no screen turning on, it was just not doing anything, but that little notification light was still blinking strong, so I figured it must just be struggling with something.

I let it sit for about five minutes and tried again to no avail. Next step was to try and reset it, but of course holding the power button for ten seconds did nothing, then 32 seconds but still nothing. At this point I am starting to get worried. Decided patience might be the best option, so I set the phone down, walked away for about ten minutes, came back and still nothing and now, no more notification light...I plugged the phone in thinking it needed a charge, no little red light. I left it charging for a few hours, but still, just nothing. She was dead...

Needless to say I was very sad and disappointed, luckily I still had my old phone, so I moved the sim card over and called Blackberry (of course I was out of the time for a return to Best Buy). This is where things got even more disappointing, all Blackberry could offer me to help with my brand new four week old phone was to send the phone in for repairs that will take eight days. No new phone being sent to me to replace this one that died due to "the phone being too new and no availability." I really hope that the phone gets fixed and sent back in the perfect condition I sent it over in, it would really suck to have a brand new phone that is now basically a refurbished phone after only four weeks!

The good news is that I am still excited to get the phone back, because I am back on my S9 and I miss the Blackberry already! I really don't want to have more issues and get stuck switching back to Samsung (I also switched from Verizon to TMobile just to have this phone!) This is my first Blackberry, and it gave me a taste of the greatness that it can be, so I really hope they can turn it around quick and I can continue to show the phone off and brag about it in my quest to get other people to discover the phone.

Anyways, sorry for the long story, just thought I would share this issue in case anyone else out there has the same problem. Be curious to know if its an issue that is going to start popping up or if it was just my luck. Thanks all.
    07-31-18 07:11 PM
    Well, it only took four weeks for my Key2 to die. Gotta admit that I loved the phone for the little time I had it for. The battery was great, the keyboard was everything I had hoped for and the overall performance was everything I had prayed it would be (I only use my phone for productive items, which it is the perfect phone for). Then, out of no where, tragedy struck. I took my phone off the charger, sent a text, set it down to grab my wallet in the other room, came back and tried to light the screen up and nothing happened. I could still see the notification light blinking, but the screen wouldn't light up, didn't matter if I double tapped the screen or hit the power button. Then I tried the finger print scanner, and nothing, no vibrate telling me I missed the mark, no screen turning on, it was just not doing anything, but that little notification light was still blinking strong, so I figured it must just be struggling with something.

I let it sit for about five minutes and tried again to no avail. Next step was to try and reset it, but of course holding the power button for ten seconds did nothing, then 32 seconds but still nothing. At this point I am starting to get worried. Decided patience might be the best option, so I set the phone down, walked away for about ten minutes, came back and still nothing and now, no more notification light...I plugged the phone in thinking it needed a charge, no little red light. I left it charging for a few hours, but still, just nothing. She was dead...

Needless to say I was very sad and disappointed, luckily I still had my old phone, so I moved the sim card over and called Blackberry (of course I was out of the time for a return to Best Buy). This is where things got even more disappointing, all Blackberry could offer me to help with my brand new four week old phone was to send the phone in for repairs that will take eight days. No new phone being sent to me to replace this one that died due to "the phone being too new and no availability." I really hope that the phone gets fixed and sent back in the perfect condition I sent it over in, it would really suck to have a brand new phone that is now basically a refurbished phone after only four weeks!

The good news is that I am still excited to get the phone back, because I am back on my S9 and I miss the Blackberry already! I really don't want to have more issues and get stuck switching back to Samsung (I also switched from Verizon to TMobile just to have this phone!) This is my first Blackberry, and it gave me a taste of the greatness that it can be, so I really hope they can turn it around quick and I can continue to show the phone off and brag about it in my quest to get other people to discover the phone.

Anyways, sorry for the long story, just thought I would share this issue in case anyone else out there has the same problem. Be curious to know if its an issue that is going to start popping up or if it was just my luck. Thanks all.
    Sorry to hear that. Hope the new unit serves you well. Please report back when you get ahold of it and if all works well.
    slapusilly10x likes this.
    08-01-18 02:53 AM
    Hey everyone, just an update for anyone interested. I have been following the process closely hoping to have my new phone back quickly. I spoke with the repair rep on Tues July 31 and they provided the FedEx label. I ran it directly to the local FedEx office on my lunch break and the phone was picked up and shipped off that night.

Three days later, the phone arrived at the repair facility at 9 am Aug 3. This made me pretty excited cause I was informed by the original repair rep that the total time from the phone being shipped out to it arriving back would take eight business days, so hopefully I would have my phone back by Aug 10 (wishful thinking I know).

Well after watching the repair status on the sight not change from received since Friday, I finally decided to give them a call and see if something had gone wrong. I spoke with a new rep today who said that the process would take 7-10 business days just for the repair, not including the shipping times. This is different from what I was originally told, but that didn't answer my main question, did they even start working on it?

The answer, no they did not. About an hour after I spoke with the rep who told me it was already being worked on, but they just had not updated the tracker yet, I got a notification that my phone had "been delivered," ironic that it happened to be four business days after it was signed for and marked as delivered by FedEx AND about an hour after I called.

Now supposedly my phone is finally being worked on and I will receive a status update in 48 hours. Needless to say I am pretty frustrated at this point, I had the phone for four weeks, it stopped working for two days before I was back in town and able to call in the issue and now after being shipped, its been out of my hands for 10 days. Considering tomorrow is Friday and I highly doubt it will be fixed and shipped out tomorrow, that means the earliest the phone could be shipped out would be Monday (never going to happen) with three days shipping back, I am looking at 48 days with the phone, and 22 days without the phone...not exactly the new phone experience I was hoping for...

Anyways, I will post an updated sometime next week, hopefully by then my phone will be on it's way back to me.
    08-09-18 08:11 PM
    Yep, keep us posted. Disappointing indeed!
    08-10-18 04:11 AM

Something very similar happened to me this morning. I let my Key2 charge to 100%, took it off the charger, shut the phone down and it would not turn back on. No LED, nothing. It's been about 8 hours and I've tried all of the usual button holds and tricks. Dead as a doornail after 4 days of use!
    08-11-18 07:27 AM
    I hope everything works out for the folks with issues on their Key2's, I will be picking one up for myself in the next couple of weeks and will probably get one through Amazon or Best Buy. My only issue is how Blackberry handles their warranty claims, I am thinking Amazon might be the way to go since I am already a prime member?
    08-11-18 07:34 AM
    oh my....this is very concerning. could you guys tell us what variation your phones are ? (for example BBF-100-2?). That would greatly be appreciated
    08-11-18 07:36 AM
    oh my....this is very concerning. could you guys tell us what variation your phones are ? (for example BBF-100-2?). That would greatly be appreciated
    Mine was a BBF100-2 (PRD-63825-002) silver with a build date of 7/24.
    08-11-18 07:43 AM
    I hope everything works out for the folks with issues on their Key2's, I will be picking one up for myself in the next couple of weeks and will probably get one through Amazon or Best Buy. My only issue is how Blackberry handles their warranty claims, I am thinking Amazon might be the way to go since I am already a prime member?
    Amazon has been great about returning my dead K2. They're sending me a new one out that should be delivered within 24 hours of reaching out and I just have to send the dead body back within 30 days.
    08-11-18 07:45 AM
    Amazon has been great about returning my dead K2. They're sending me a new one out that should be delivered within 24 hours of reaching out and I just have to send the dead body back within 30 days.
    Thanks for the info, I will probably go with Amazon, as I said, I am a prime member, so I might as well take advantage of it.
    08-11-18 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the info, I will probably go with Amazon, as I said, I am a prime member, so I might as well take advantage of it.
    No doubt.
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-11-18 08:13 AM
    I hope you guys enjoy your refurbs...
    08-11-18 08:24 AM
    I hope you guys enjoy your refurbs...
    They said they're shipping me a new, non-refurbished unit. I'll report back on that.
    08-11-18 08:26 AM
    oh man....i have almost an identical build (100-2, silver, also july)

hope it won't die on me. had to buy from importers so repair will be way more complicated for me ...
    08-11-18 08:49 AM
    oh man....i have almost an identical build (100-2, silver, also july)

hope it won't die on me. had to buy from importers so repair will be way more complicated for me ...
    Hopefully it stays alive for you!
    08-11-18 08:52 AM
    Curious as to what chargers you are plugging into...was it an oem charger, some type of Qualcomm Quickcharge (and which version), etc?

I had an Essential phone fry on me like that when I left it plugged in overnight to a Qualcomm Quickcharge 2. I reported to issue to them and not too long afterward Essential ended up disabling all "charging rapidly" on Qualcomm Quickchargers. Go figure. Lol.
    08-11-18 09:06 AM
    Oh my...hope this gets fixed. Life is not fair...
    08-11-18 09:13 AM
    Curious as to what chargers you are plugging into...was it an oem charger, some type of Qualcomm Quickcharge (and which version), etc?

I had an Essential phone fry on me like that when I left it plugged in overnight to a Qualcomm Quickcharge 2. I reported to issue to them and not too long afterward Essential ended up disabling all "charging rapidly" on Qualcomm Quickchargers. Go figure. Lol.
    I was using the OEM charger that came with the Key2, normal charging, not in boost mode.
    08-11-18 09:19 AM
    I was using the OEM charger that came with the Key2, normal charging, not in boost mode.
    Hmmm...interesting. Hopefully not an issue with the oem charger. Did they ask you to send in the charger as well or just the phone?

Anyway, can't see how they will repair this. My guess is they are just waiting for a replacement unit. Stock of this device seems very limited. Hope you get it fixed soon!
    08-11-18 09:58 AM
    Hmmm...interesting. Hopefully not an issue with the oem charger. Did they ask you to send in the charger as well or just the phone?

Anyway, can't see how they will repair this. My guess is they are just waiting for a replacement unit. Stock of this device seems very limited. Hope you get it fixed soon!
    OEM charger issue - interesting thought. Amazon told me to ship "it" back within 30 days, so I guess I'll wait to see what they ship me first before I send anything back. They said they're shipping me another brand new unit, which is scheduled to be delivered by 9pm tonight. Really fast on their part. Another interesting thing about this phone is when I received it a few days ago, it was sold as new and in new packaging, but there were 4-5, what appeared to be pry marks, on the right side of the phone, looking like someone tried to pry off or repair the screen.

Here are some pics: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13250727
    08-11-18 10:07 AM
    OEM charger issue - interesting thought. Amazon told me to ship "it" back within 30 days, so I guess I'll wait to see what they ship me first before I send anything back. They said they're shipping me another brand new unit, which is scheduled to be delivered by 9pm tonight. Really fast on their part. Another interesting thing about this phone is when I received it a few days ago, it was sold as new and in new packaging, but there were 4-5, what appeared to be pry marks, on the right side of the phone, looking like someone tried to pry off or repair the screen.

Here are some pics: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13250727
    If it was tampered with obviously it should have been returned immediately. No phone should come out of the box with pry marks. Lol.
    08-11-18 10:22 AM
    If it was tampered with obviously it should have been returned immediately. No phone should come out of the box with pry marks. Lol.
    Absolutely. Interesting combo of problems.
    08-11-18 10:24 AM
    You're not going to believe this. From Amazon:

"Upon checking the details, I see your concern that you have a lot of highly confidential and sensitive work information on the phone that died and that you want to ensure that this will not be accessed once you return this product.

I've escalated it to my Manager as this is a high value item, she came out with a resolution that this product can be returned if you're able to get it repaired and manage to erase all the sensitive information. In case this is not feasible, on this occasion, we don't require you to return the original. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it - whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you. Thanks for the understanding and cooperation."

Who wants to see some Key2 bend/smash/run over/burn tests?
    herr_tan and sorgo like this.
    08-11-18 10:39 AM
    You're not going to believe this. From Amazon:

"Upon checking the details, I see your concern that you have a lot of highly confidential and sensitive work information on the phone that died and that you want to ensure that this will not be accessed once you return this product.

I've escalated it to my Manager as this is a high value item, she came out with a resolution that this product can be returned if you're able to get it repaired and manage to erase all the sensitive information. In case this is not feasible, on this occasion, we don't require you to return the original. You're welcome to keep, donate or dispose of it - whichever option is most appropriate and convenient for you. Thanks for the understanding and cooperation."

Who wants to see some Key2 bend/smash/run over/burn tests?
    Wait! Can you first pry off the spacebar? I really want to see how it's made. I think it's two separate keys and that's why it sounds different. Since you have one to play with think you could do a teardown first? Then on to the pyrotechnics
    herr_tan likes this.
    08-11-18 10:43 AM
    Wait! Can you first pry off the spacebar? I really want to see how it's made. I think it's two separate keys and that's why it sounds different. Since you have one to play with think you could do a teardown first? Then on to the pyrotechnics
    Sure. I'll do it in a few and take some pics/video. Whatever you all want.
    herr_tan likes this.
    08-11-18 10:45 AM
40 12