04-27-19 01:56 AM
29 12
tools
    Very spur of the moment decision to move but the deal was too good to pass up. It was a financial decision more than anything initially, hard to believe i know.

Initially there was a lot of sadness at not having a PKB. There were even feelings of being a traitor to BB lol.

It took a lot of setting up. Initially i used nova but then realised that the Samsung UI was better in so many ways. What really impressed me was just how slick the Samsung UI is compared to other android UIs. Samsung have even built some brilliant customisation tools which can be downloaded from the galaxy store. They have come a long way.

The feeling i get is that of an Iphone with more flexibilty and customisation. I remapped the dreaded bixby key and finally got to a point where i was happy with the setup.

The fit and finish is just off the chart, it feels like a luxury watch and it made me realise that the key2 is actually quite cheaply built. It just feels like it has been hewn out of a piece of cheap metal.

The screen speaks for itself and the added real estate is really a game changer. roughly the same footprint as a key2 but with so much more screen. The sound quality is superb and the battery is on a par with key2 from what i can tell. It certainly gets me through a whole day and well into the night.

The software exprerience is just so much better. bluetooth, wifi, setup, it all just works and flows. I get the feeling that they threw some real money at the software experience compared to bb who just unleashed some interns.

Finally do i miss the pkb. Yes and no. It isnt as precise but it is definitely faster and less tiring. For me personally i now feel we give up way too much by insisting on a PKB and for that reason i will probably never buy another bb phone.

The only way i could be tempted back is if they built something truly premium.

With that said i do still love bb and will continue to post here. In future i may try to get a bb as my work phone just so i can get my fix.
    So you're comparing a top tier device to a mid tier device?? Wow, who would have thought the more expensive built phone with top specs would be better than the Key2!?!?
    04-25-19 09:04 AM
    So you're comparing a top tier device to a mid tier device?? Wow, who would have thought the more expensive built phone with top specs would be better than the Key2!?!?
    Fair point but irrelevant to me because I paid less for the S10 plus than i did for the Key2..
    04-26-19 03:29 AM
    Fair point but irrelevant to me because I paid less for the S10 plus than i did for the Key2..
    Now that's a valid point. Price wise the Keytwo isn't worth the money we have to pay for it's so called unique keyboard and security. I actually bought a Keytwo yesterday for $399. Now that's the price range the Keytwo should be selling at for the 64gb model and $499 for the 128gb model.
    04-26-19 08:10 AM
    Now that's a valid point. Price wise the Keytwo isn't worth the money we have to pay for it's so called unique keyboard and security. I actually bought a Keytwo yesterday for $399. Now that's the price range the Keytwo should be selling at for the 64gb model and $499 for the 128gb model.
    You could say that for any modern day phone. None are worth 1000 dollars. Only reason I have a S9 is because Samsung gave me 360 for my paid for S7. Brand new S9 last year was @380. This year my now paid for S9 was tradable for 500 making the S10 @ 500 or a little less. How many people here in US pay full price? And why would they? The best deal was my BE Key One for 240 in January after using a 50 Amazon card. Phenomenal mobile device for 240. 😎👍
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    04-27-19 01:56 AM
29 12