Very spur of the moment decision to move but the deal was too good to pass up. It was a financial decision more than anything initially, hard to believe i know.

Initially there was a lot of sadness at not having a PKB. There were even feelings of being a traitor to BB lol.

It took a lot of setting up. Initially i used nova but then realised that the Samsung UI was better in so many ways. What really impressed me was just how slick the Samsung UI is compared to other android UIs. Samsung have even built some brilliant customisation tools which can be downloaded from the galaxy store. They have come a long way.

The feeling i get is that of an Iphone with more flexibilty and customisation. I remapped the dreaded bixby key and finally got to a point where i was happy with the setup.

The fit and finish is just off the chart, it feels like a luxury watch and it made me realise that the key2 is actually quite cheaply built. It just feels like it has been hewn out of a piece of cheap metal.

The screen speaks for itself and the added real estate is really a game changer. roughly the same footprint as a key2 but with so much more screen. The sound quality is superb and the battery is on a par with key2 from what i can tell. It certainly gets me through a whole day and well into the night.

The software exprerience is just so much better. bluetooth, wifi, setup, it all just works and flows. I get the feeling that they threw some real money at the software experience compared to bb who just unleashed some interns.

Finally do i miss the pkb. Yes and no. It isnt as precise but it is definitely faster and less tiring. For me personally i now feel we give up way too much by insisting on a PKB and for that reason i will probably never buy another bb phone.

The only way i could be tempted back is if they built something truly premium.

With that said i do still love bb and will continue to post here. In future i may try to get a bb as my work phone just so i can get my fix.
    04-20-19 03:27 AM
    There are only 3 things I disagree with.

1. I have a KEY² 128GB Dual Sim and I think his solidly built.
    2. Samsung always had dual apps like Google photos and Samsung photos (just a very disjointed experience)
    3. I cannot live without a PKB but maybe that's something other people can live without. I find it very frustrating when your in the middle of an issue and you type f*** and it comes up duck or something silly like that.

Other than that I think the s10 is an amazing piece of kit. And I bet your enjoying it to its fullest.
    04-20-19 04:06 AM
    There are only 3 things I disagree with.

1. I have a KEY² 128GB Dual Sim and I think his solidly built.
    2. Samsung always had dual apps like Google photos and Samsung photos (just a very disjointed experience)
    3. I cannot live without a PKB but maybe that's something other people can live without. I find it very frustrating when your in the middle of an issue and you type f*** and it comes up duck or something silly like that.

Other than that I think the s10 is an amazing piece of kit. And I bet your enjoying it to its fullest.
    Key 2 is solidly built but it isnt a premium build imo. I really feel the difference when handling these 2 devices.

Regarding the samsung apps i am getting more and more into them to be honest, i think its a case of buying into the samsung eco system much like you do with the iphone.

I do still love the key2 though and who knows, a really nice key 3 might tempt me back for a work phone
    galifreiankid and arkenoi like this.
    04-20-19 04:21 AM
    I loved the s8+ for the screen and the UI was fine, but I just couldn't get on with the keyboard. It didn't matter which keyboard I installed, I couldn't get one that suited me.

I found the dual apps highly frustrating, it wouldn't have been so bad if Samsung gave me a choice.

So when it came to upgrade time I decided to go to the Key2, I don't regret that one bit. Everything is simple and works, there's no dualling apps and I love the keyboard.

I do agree that the Key3 will need to up its game to remain at its current price point, but that's for another thread!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-20-19 05:39 AM
    I tried the same thing. I fought it hard and wanted to keep the S10 plus. it's an amazing phone but not having the keyboard killed it for me. it's very hard to type on a screen. I made so many mistakes and errors I couldn't do it anymore.

To be honest everything except the keyboard on a BlackBerry is subpar. I understand it's a different type of phone but BlackBerry get with the program and give us a real flagship phone.
    Mercuryuser and LivinThing82 like this.
    04-20-19 07:46 AM
    BlackBerry would probably do well with turning the PKB from the Key devices into an add on option accessory that could be used with any Android or iOS device.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    whitieiii likes this.
    04-20-19 08:22 AM
    I tried the same thing. I fought it hard and wanted to keep the S10 plus. it's an amazing phone but not having the keyboard killed it for me. it's very hard to type on a screen. I made so many mistakes and errors I couldn't do it anymore.

To be honest everything except the keyboard on a BlackBerry is subpar. I understand it's a different type of phone but BlackBerry get with the program and give us a real flagship phone.
    I was playing with the s10 plus and imagining a keyboard on it. That would be peak phone imo.

Come on BlackBerry, give us what we want
    04-20-19 02:03 PM
    I'm seriously considering defecting to the Galaxy fold
    BergerKing likes this.
    04-20-19 02:15 PM
    I tried the S10, returned it. Went right back to my Key2. The bloatware, the double apps, the lack of hub and other blackberry apps, the slow unlocking of the phone, NO led notification light, etc. Made me appreciate my key2 more. It's just so much faster in the areas that matter.
    skinnymike1 and LivinThing82 like this.
    04-20-19 02:23 PM
    Wait for the physical keyboard accessory. I bought one for my Note 8 and it worked fine. Just had huge Korean letters but it worked for the purpose.
    Not sure why it got a bad press.
    04-20-19 11:29 PM
    I tried the S10, returned it. Went right back to my Key2. The bloatware, the double apps, the lack of hub and other blackberry apps, the slow unlocking of the phone, NO led notification light, etc. Made me appreciate my key2 more. It's just so much faster in the areas that matter.
    Out of the box you might be right but after spending an hour or so setting it up , it's way quicker. The android experience on Samsung is far superior. Also in my experience there is always a period of feeling out a new phone. It will always feel odd.

I just delete or disable bloat. I did consider installing the hub but then realised I dont need it.

When it's set up the phone is an absolute dream. Also an update for the fingerprint sensor has been pushed out and its now more reliable than the key2 sensor.

There are pros and cons but overall I gain so much more with this phone.

One thing I will say is that peak phone would be a premium bb device with a pkb but that is unlikely to happen.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-21-19 02:27 AM
    I'm seriously considering defecting to the Galaxy fold
    You are a brave man.

I'm going to wait for the tech to mature a little
    04-21-19 02:28 AM
    You are a brave man.

I'm going to wait for the tech to mature a little
    Not sure if they are referring to the actual Galaxy Fold, or the the Galaxy fold as a family of devices.

When I departed BlackBerry 7 years ago, my first non-BB was a Motorola. It was a great phone in many ways, but by far had terrible support from the manufacturer and carrier.

I moved into the Galaxy family later that same year, with the SIII, which was Samsung's first really successful Galaxy device. The S2 Epic was a physical keyboard phone, and it was notorious for problems. They were still trying to get rid of them when I moved to the S4. S4 was the only one that I had problems with, they had a weak antenna setup, and tended to get really hot in the pocket.

Then I moved to the Note 5, which was all sorts of excellent. It was also one of the longest-held devices I had, at 21 months. It was replaced by the S8+, which again, was outstanding. I wanted the Note 7, but, as we well know, they really whoopsed on that one.

Now I carry and use the Note 9. It is an excellent performer with a lot of options. I use the S-Pen moderately, but it is a very useful tool. I have used the SwiftKey keyboard since my Photon days, because it's a really great keyboard, especially when it comes to transferring devices, since it has a sync capability, a clipboard I use frequently, and have sized to my preferences. It is always one of the first apps I make sure to load and sync, and it saves me a ton of setup time.

The ability to wirelessly transfer information from old device to new is great. When I went from the S8+ to the Note 9, it swapped everything over quite easily. Auto backups have saved me from losing many messages in the past, it is really maturing nicely as an ecosystem.
    04-21-19 07:07 PM
    Key 2 is solidly built but it isnt a premium build imo. I really feel the difference when handling these 2 devices.

Regarding the samsung apps i am getting more and more into them to be honest, i think its a case of buying into the samsung eco system much like you do with the iphone.

I do still love the key2 though and who knows, a really nice key 3 might tempt me back for a work phone
    You're also comparing a 600 dollar phone to a 1000 dollar phone.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-22-19 01:41 AM
    No led notification light is a deal breaker. Edge lighting only works when the screen is on or AOD is activated, kinda pointless. Same with the ring around the camera. I don't understand why they got rid of this feature without an alternative that works correctly.
    04-22-19 11:46 PM
    You're also comparing a 600 dollar phone to a 1000 dollar phone.
    The Galaxy Note8 has come down steeply in pricing and offers pretty much the same experience as the Galaxy S10+ as it has received the OneUI update
    04-23-19 02:03 AM
    The Galaxy Note8 has come down steeply in pricing and offers pretty much the same experience as the Galaxy S10+ as it has received the OneUI update
    Except the N8 has a MUCH smaller battery which just isn't sufficient to power a big a** AMOLED display that's over 6 inches for a full day.

The only interesting thing about the N8 is the PKB attachment keyboard which...

... can only be found in English/Korean
    04-23-19 05:57 PM
    I have the Note8 with the BB suite and vkb and despite the better specs, I still prefer my Motion in terms of how I navigate the UI. Even after the Pie update, the Note8 still feels very clunky for me as a work device.

I also am not a fan of the waterfall edge screen as it has on many occasion led to accidental touches. All that said, the Note8 is my go to vacation phone as that camera is the bomb!

I was looking at getting the S10e because it has the more traditional flat screen and is a lot smaller. But the dual apps, Bixby and Samsung's ecosystem are things that I could do without. So I've ordered a Pixel 3 to replace the Note8 as my vacation phone.

The KEY2 is still my daily driver, but man, I wish they'd come out with a spec monster KEY3 with a kickass camera and IP68 rating. One can dream...
    04-23-19 06:51 PM
    Except the N8 has a MUCH smaller battery which just isn't sufficient to power a big a** AMOLED display that's over 6 inches for a full day.

The only interesting thing about the N8 is the PKB attachment keyboard which...

... can only be found in English/Korean
    One can always go for Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei P20 Pro or a Galaxy S9+ then, they are also available at great deals, heck even the Note9 and those all have incredible batteries. Lol.

And they all have incredible cameras, fast + fluid UIs, IP67/68 Water Resistance and Dust proofing, all have the latest Android Pie OS and will all probably get Android Q.
    04-24-19 01:32 AM
    I honestly can't stand samsung devices. They aren't the best at anything, they always suck at battery life and they're engineered to get people used to certain things so that their users will struggle switching to something else. Eg. Backwards back button.
    I really don't think it's necessary to have a display with more pixels than my tv or a chipset that's more powerful than my notebook. Effieciency is better than power.

My sister in law has the s9 and she hates it, I gave her countless lessons on setting it up and how to do tricks. She talks about being sick of it and wanting to upgrade. Then said she's thinking about getting an iphone or an s10.

I honestly can't help but think a lot of the people who buy galaxy's will only consider two brands because they've been brainwashed by marketing (apple and samsung)

Personally would've bought the pixel 3 if it had a bigger battery and a headphone jack because it had the best camera.

Am considering holding out for the moto z4 play. Only because I have a 72 inch projector that snaps onto the back of it and the convenience of a speaker mod that snaps onto it is great (this is on the condition that it comes with a big battery, decent camera and a headphone jack).

But the key2 is my daily driver because productivity and shortcut wise it is a lot faster than anything else on the market.
    A shame that it's average at taking photos. Wish they'd improve on that, can't really expect more multimedia wise. Can't have the strengths of the keyboard without compromises.
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 04-24-19 at 05:51 AM.
    04-24-19 03:28 AM
    I honestly can't stand samsung devices. They aren't the best at anything, they always suck at battery life and they're engineered to get people used to certain things so that their users will struggle switching to something else. Eg. Backwards back button.
    I really don't think it's necessary to have a display with more pixels than my tv or a chipset that's more powerful than my notebook. Effieciency is better than power.

My sister in law has the s9 and she hates it, I gave her countless lessons on setting it up and how to do tricks. She talks about being sick of it and wanting to upgrade. Then said she's thinking about getting an iphone or an s10.

I honestly can't help but think a lot of the people who buy galaxy's will only consider two brands because they've been brainwashed by marketing (apple and samsung)

Personally would've bought the pixel 3 if it had a bigger battery and a headphone jack because it had the best camera.

Am considering holding out for the moto z4 play. Only because I have a 72 inch projector that snaps onto the back of it and the convenience of a speaker mod that snaps onto it is great (this is on the condition that it comes with a big battery, decent camera and a headphone jack).

But the key2 is my daily driver because productivity and shortcut wise it is a lot faster than anything else on the market.
    A shame that it's average at taking photos. Wish they'd improve on that, can't really expect more multimedia wise. Can't have the strengths of the keyboard without compromises.
    I personally came to really dislike Samsung's Android UI. It's overly complicated and overdone, and looks childish. And don't get me started on Huawei's blatant iOS copy.

I much much prefer BBAndroid and stock Android.
    04-24-19 08:11 AM
    Damn IPS screen with huge bezel and hardware "buttons" makes me cry, but what can I do.. I am not ready to give away the pkb.
    04-25-19 03:31 AM
    Very spur of the moment decision to move but the deal was too good to pass up. It was a financial decision more than anything initially, hard to believe i know.

Initially there was a lot of sadness at not having a PKB. There were even feelings of being a traitor to BB lol.

It took a lot of setting up. Initially i used nova but then realised that the Samsung UI was better in so many ways. What really impressed me was just how slick the Samsung UI is compared to other android UIs. Samsung have even built some brilliant customisation tools which can be downloaded from the galaxy store. They have come a long way.

The feeling i get is that of an Iphone with more flexibilty and customisation. I remapped the dreaded bixby key and finally got to a point where i was happy with the setup.

The fit and finish is just off the chart, it feels like a luxury watch and it made me realise that the key2 is actually quite cheaply built. It just feels like it has been hewn out of a piece of cheap metal.

The screen speaks for itself and the added real estate is really a game changer. roughly the same footprint as a key2 but with so much more screen. The sound quality is superb and the battery is on a par with key2 from what i can tell. It certainly gets me through a whole day and well into the night.

The software exprerience is just so much better. bluetooth, wifi, setup, it all just works and flows. I get the feeling that they threw some real money at the software experience compared to bb who just unleashed some interns.

Finally do i miss the pkb. Yes and no. It isnt as precise but it is definitely faster and less tiring. For me personally i now feel we give up way too much by insisting on a PKB and for that reason i will probably never buy another bb phone.

The only way i could be tempted back is if they built something truly premium.

With that said i do still love bb and will continue to post here. In future i may try to get a bb as my work phone just so i can get my fix.
    Glad you are happy, I have a KeyOne and it is all the phone I will ever need... Use my phone predominantly for business and the pkb is a must for typing out long email replies when travelling... Battery life is also a boon...
    04-25-19 06:58 AM
    Battery life is also a boon...
    Did someone call me ?
    Grungni and dantheman77 like this.
    04-25-19 08:18 AM
    Did someone call me ?
    Ha ha ha...
    04-25-19 08:38 AM
29 12