I just order a week ago the KEY2 from a populair online store, but the device looks new but there where stickers in yellow with the text tested? Also the charger was from Samsung in the box so it happens it was a swap or maybe a refusbished. I send that one back.

Last week I was on holiday and I saw a person with a key device and it was the LE version and the camera was not that bad it looks ok and he had also the keyone before but he was very positive about the LE . So i decided this weekend to buy the KEY 2 LE'

I received the device this afternoon but I find out it wouldn't charge. So i tested another charger but Nothing. So I tested another cable and another charger but still nothing. So I have to send that one also back.

Is this a Sign I should not buy a one year old device with old OS or is it because the KEY3 is around the corner.

edit :

Must say the KEY2 LE is quicker starting some apps and also quicker with internet than the KEYone. Also the camera looks good but it has some noise indoor but as sharpness indoor it's the same as the keyone. So not bad
    10-27-19 04:36 PM
    dang... that is some bad luck so I'm sorry that happened to you. I use the Key2 and the camera is only good in perfect condition, low light performance is garbage + the zoom on it has very high noise which renders it useless for me. I bought mine from an eBay seller and it was new, so maybe explore that option perhaps. But to answer your question, none of what you experienced could be said to lead to a Key R around the corner, we don't even have an announcement of the device, so the availability of one is what pure fiction at this point in time. So maybe try again, eBay or local buy/sell meets could have them for cheap too. Good luck!
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-28-19 02:39 AM
    I just order a week ago the KEY2 from a populair online store, but the device looks new but there where stickers in yellow with the text tested? Also the charger was from Samsung in the box so it happens it was a swap or maybe a refusbished. I send that one back.

Last week I was on holiday and I saw a person with a key device and it was the LE version and the camera was not that bad it looks ok and he had also the keyone before but he was very positive about the LE . So i decided this weekend to buy the KEY 2 LE'

I received the device this afternoon but I find out it wouldn't charge. So i tested another charger but Nothing. So I tested another cable and another charger but still nothing. So I have to send that one also back.

Is this a Sign I should not buy a one year old device with old OS or is it because the KEY3 is around the corner.

edit :

Must say the KEY2 LE is quicker starting some apps and also quicker with internet than the KEYone. Also the camera looks good but it has some noise indoor but as sharpness indoor it's the same as the keyone. So not bad
    Doubtful there will be a KEY3 option.

In some markets, stock is in short supply... have to watch out for 3rd party sellers trying to make a buck on out of market devices (India) or refurbished units.
    10-28-19 12:02 PM
    So after 2 times and last one still in progress to return my money. I order a 3th time from a big electronic store and hope i will receive it because the price was the same as the KEYone . So finger crossed if they will send it
    10-29-19 05:20 PM
    Wow. What a trip finding this thread. I did a search for "Should I buy a Key2" and found this. I "believe in signs" myself (though your experience may not rise to the level of actual higher-consciousness guidance and might be a matter of persisting or third time's a charm or who the f-k knows :-))

I myself have been researching this topic a lot laterly. Should I buy the Key2 at this time or what? My KeyONE is starting to get too problematic (lags and requires clearing app cache nightly; often messes up 3-way calls -- I'm on VZW; and now lately while typing long texts it goes haywire and deletes words at random on its own). Been a BB user since forever and only have a Samsung S9 as my alternate phone for emergencies if my KeyONE is down for a moment and for taking pictures.

Key2 may be on its way out, though -- one indication being that it seems really hard to find a decent case for it (and man have I been losing time looking). I used the Seidio Dilex with holster for my KeyOne and the Seidio Surface with holster for all my prior BB phones (went to the Dilex because it doesn't accidentally drop the phone like the Surface holster and it's better amor by far) -- but they don't make a Dilex for the Key2 and darned if their Surface for the Key2 is no longer available anywhere (reads "Discontinued" on most sites that used to carry it). No case-holster option even exists by anyone now! Darned!

Is THAT a sign to, what, wait for a Key3? Or to perhaps resign myself to using a Samsung phone as my main driver? (I cannot ever imagine adapting to a touch-screen keyboard, let alone a fingerprint sensor on the back, or losing the shortcuts and virtual trackpad of the PKB, but then we did adapt when BB10 and the "real" trackpad went the way of the dinosaur so I guess change is inevitable)?

My sense after reading a lot and talking to BB is that if Key3 is coming it will be in a long time. Or maybe a month or two away, right? For all we know. In time for the holidays?? Maybe that's why there are dwindling cases for the Key2 and there's been no Pie update for the Key2? (Though a BB tech did tell me last week Pie for the Key2 is said to be coming in the months again according to the "rumors" he's been hearing internally.)

As to where to buy a Key2, are you not aware that the main, official BlackBerry Mobile website has a direct link to their one current "authorized US online retailer" which is http://gotalkusa.com and they have the North America version of the Key2 in stock in silver and black, as well as the Key2 LE (though there's talk that that's old stock, FWIW, which is all there is of Key2 anymore?).
    10-31-19 12:12 PM