It's been a surprisingly good experience to me using the Multi-screen window on the key2.

For me, something like text and email, or text and youtube has been better than on my 6inch pixel 2 XL screen. When on the Pixel the virtual keyboard ruins the experience. It pops up and ruins your content until you take it back down.

The key2 screen is smaller, but nothing on the display is ever changed, making it a much more pleasurable viewing experience. I really noticed it when I messed around with my pixel after about a week of not turning it on
    the_boon, j21jam6 and manddgroup2 like this.
    07-31-18 11:11 PM
    It's been a surprisingly good experience to me using the Multi-screen window on the key2.

For me, something like text and email, or text and youtube has been better than on my 6inch pixel 2 XL screen. When on the Pixel the virtual keyboard ruins the experience. It pops up and ruins your content until you take it back down.

The key2 screen is smaller, but nothing on the display is ever changed, making it a much more pleasurable viewing experience. I really noticed it when I messed around with my pixel after about a week of not turning it on
    So how do you make dual screen happen?
    anon(4295315) likes this.
    08-01-18 09:13 AM
    So how do you make dual screen happen?
    When in an app, hold down the square button and then select one of the apps which are suggested below or hit circle and browse through the homescreen to find the app you want to dual screen with.

Both apps must support this
    jd3232 and SteveNoza like this.
    08-01-18 09:32 AM

Such a pity that there isn't hardware out there with a 2560x1440 screen that has a keyboard and can do all that.
    08-01-18 09:54 AM
    Such a pity that there isn't hardware out there with a 2560x1440 screen that has a keyboard and can do all that.
    What do you mean? 450ppi is not sharp enough?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-18 11:05 AM
    What do you mean? 450ppi is not sharp enough?

Posted via CB10
    I think he was being sarcastic as if other phones don't do this, but obviously he did not read the post if that is the case
    08-01-18 11:07 AM
    I think he was being sarcastic as if other phones don't do this, but obviously he did not read the post if that is the case
    Now that I read it again I see it. Thanks.
    08-01-18 11:09 AM
    No, I'm saying 3:2 is still terrible for such application, especially vertically.

BlackBerry had another phone with said resolution but doesn't have said split functionality.
    08-01-18 11:23 AM
    No, I'm saying 3:2 is still terrible for such application, especially vertically.
    It works out great for me. As I said above, I find it a more enjoyable experience than on my Pixel 2 XL.
    08-01-18 11:26 AM
    It works out great for me. As I said above, I find it a more enjoyable experience than on my Pixel 2 XL.
    Right because the keyboard still get in the way. I'm saying if you have a taller screen and no keyboard overlaid.
    08-01-18 11:46 AM
    The keyboard doesn't get in the way of the screen on the key2, that's what makes it better

For me, when I'm multitasking I'm almost always typing something. So on my Pixel it's not a good experience because they virtual keyboard ruins the experience by taking up the screen real estate
    08-01-18 11:49 AM
    See, look at the difference while typing here at crackberry and watching a YouTube video. One is pixel and one is key2
    Attached Thumbnails Multi-screen on KEY2 has been a pleasant surprise-screenshot_20180801-115709.jpg   Multi-screen on KEY2 has been a pleasant surprise-screenshot_20180801-115914.jpg  
    Last edited by jd3232; 08-01-18 at 12:59 PM.
    08-01-18 12:01 PM
    I was very pleasantly surprised to see this phone has split screen too, just keeps on getting better
    08-01-18 12:16 PM
    The keyboard doesn't get in the way of the screen on the key2, that's what makes it better

For me, when I'm multitasking I'm almost always typing something. So on my Pixel it's not a good experience because they virtual keyboard ruins the experience by taking up the screen real estate
    And you're still not getting what I'm getting at. Imagine doing on a Priv (which would have been perfectly possible if damn BlackBerry updated it to Nougat), you get the full 16:9 AND no keyboard in a way.

I don't care if your keyboard isn't in the way on your KEY2. Your actual usable isn't different from the Pixel 2.
    08-01-18 05:25 PM
    Well, Toni, you are correct about the size of the PRIV, however, that keyboard is atrocious to use! There must always be compromise for utility, use and customer need. And you are right, should have gotten the Nougat update as long as the hardware could handle it. Cheers,
    08-01-18 05:31 PM
    I never said the usability was any different. It's the same exact thing on each phone... the point is, multitasking on the phone with the smaller screen has actually been a much better and useful experience
    the_boon likes this.
    08-02-18 01:39 AM